Fred Astaire?

kk448

Ok so I was on this website about song meanings, and I went to Mika's section just to see what other people thought about his songs. What I thought was interesting was that the people on that website are so certain that the "So I tried a little Freddie" line is referring to Fred Astaire. I tried to tell them that it was about Freddie Mercury but they said I was wrong. I thought that was really odd because that was the first time I had heard anyone mention Fred Astaire. I was just wondering what everyone else thought about that and if they had ever heard that...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that makes me feel better, lol.

I even told them that Mika said himself that he was referring to Freddie Mercury and that I think Mika would know who he was talking about in HIS OWN song...but they were just so sure...

I think what it could be is, in the Grace Kelly video, with all the dancing around and the fact that Mika wears the top hat halfway though, although we know it's the circus element, other highbrow people may think it alludes to Fred Astaires film Top Hat.