Mika's band

stella

I just love the girl on the drum, I know the name but i don't know how to spell it... (It's hard enough writting English don't what to mess her name!!) She look pretty cool. In fact they all look like there having fun there.

Do you get that feeling when you see them live?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love the girl on the drum, I know the name but i don't know how to spell it... (It's hard enough writting English don't what to mess her name!!) She look pretty cool. In fact they all look like there having fun there.

I love her too LOL she rocks!!! :D

I love her too she's fascinating to watch.Yeah they always look like they're having loads of fun :punk:

[they just seem an amazing act together, he needs someone like her, totally over the top and yet much in tune with his hyperactive deliveries, to bring the acts together, especially in live shows!

Just spent some time looking up things for you about her and came across this, a lttle more on her.....

Cherisse is a The 2 Coolest Drummers in 1 Photo

January 30th, 2007

I’ve been a little bit quiet here because I’ve just got a new job. Hooray! It’s somewhere I’ve wanted to work for ages and combines both my radio and web skills. Ace. Now I just need to get back into coping on little sleep after djing. A call to arms Londoners - where is good for lunch around Brick Lane/Shoreditch High Street area?

Mika was astounding at Popstarz. Various people have accused him of miming but I can confirm he was live. In any case I can’t really pay much attention to Mika when his drummer is on stage with him. Last time I saw our #1 at Ronnie Scotts, I stared and stared at his drummer for ages wondering why I knew her. Then I got home and thought ‘huh maybe she’s the drummer for The Faders‘, and then dismissed it thinking I was only thinking that because she was a a girl, black and a drummer.

But no, I was right! Mika’s drummer is

Cherisse Osei, formerly of short lived girl band The Faders. They were to the UK what The Like are to America in terms of having famous parents. Hooray for fact based (rather than race based) deduction! Anyway Cherisse totally rules when on stage with Mika - she was born to be a star. Even if that birth was an offensive 1986 one.

Here are some other facts about Cherisse

Her full name is Cherisse Amma Loren Ofosu-Osei

Cherisse passed grade 8 drums at 15 and got her first kit when she was 3.

She started out in a heavy metal band called Fuse and her first gig was a muse concert.

She has worked with Richard Ridings and John Blackwell. When I first read this I excitedly though it said Richard Blackwood

PERSONAL FACT: I passed Richard Blackwood at work yesterday and gave him a totally starstruck face.

The Faders debut single No Sleep Tonight was used on Veronica Mars, one of my favourite TV shows.

She is like totally BFF with someone gaypop would pay good money to snog.

interesting or what.........