Ring Ring

Is that you on the phone

you think your clever

but you never saying nothing at all

hey hey

the way you spin me around

you make my busy when you play me like a kid with a crown

Ring Ring x 3

We already posted the lyrics in the Mika Songs lyrics thread...

Please, be careful !! Thread is money... More space on the web... someone has to pay for it ! Sunny has been wonderful enough not to make us pay for the not less wonderful forum, so try to be careful ! It's a team thing : if everybody look for something before posting a new thread, he may find what he was looking for in the thousands of posts that have already been posted... And it has its advantages too : we can re-discover things we forgot when someone writes something in an old thread and puts it on the top of the list !

I'm not a party breaker... I'm just trying to make you realize some little things... Even if I don't think i'm anyone to do that :wink2:

So once again : SEARCH function...

Enjoy !

• 3 years later...
Is "play me like a kid with a crown" a special phrase in English?

I don't know what the "kid with a crown" phrase is supposed to mean. It's always been a mystery to me like "no need to fantasize since I was in my braces."

"Play me" .. I would say means to use , or play with someone's emotions , to use or abuse even

The "with a crown" part makes no sense:blink:

Is it crown or crayon?

"You play me like a kid with a crown/crayon" Erm...I don't know...I see it as someone throwing a childish hissy fit and trying to gain control...

When I was kid I was a right little madam and a bossy boots...adults actually used to be genuinely afraid of me (one guy was afraid to stay alone in the house with me and someone else was scared to refuse playtime with me...:aah:) so that's how I kinda see it. Crown as in someone thought they were high and mighty and crayon...trying to create their own fantasy against someone else's will?

The crayon idea is new to me - but Mika wore a crown at the Vodafone tba gig, so I think it really is crown.

And so, the idea of a kid with too much power is a good image. No idea if it's intended in the song ....

I really think "crown" is one of those ideas that only makes sense in Mika's head. :naughty:

Absolutely, Mikaish. Although maybe 'you' had too much power and used it wrongly over 'me' - like a kid with a crown.

I was thinking about it again: Maybe the "crown" means, that the other person is treatening the speaker like a king because of his/her adoration. He/She complies with his every wish etc.

Then the "kid" means that the other person is treatening the speaker like a kid: He/She is ruling everthing and controling everything and doesn't give enough space (Like when a teenager is saying "I'm not a kid anymore")