Why are we so complex as a nation?

Steph

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just continuing the comments about getting everyone into him........I can't stop telling everyone about him and everyone who has listened to his music has fallen for him completely too.

I saw him in manchester last week and have tickets for Leeds in May but would happily go see him every night!

I'm also having to leave the CD at home and play other stuff in the car or I would become completely sucked into his musical world!!!

Oh dear....wots to become of us all??

I feel all warm inside at the mention of his name......MIKA!

I keep wondering how we all got through each day before Mika was invented!!!! LOL!

Here's to a wonderful future with him in the world.

Liz x

I know that the Mika magic is working amongst us everywhere....he's a fantastic artist, songwriter and performer, he is so genuine, honest,he is clever, inventive, sensitive and gregarious, and he's proven himself, wherever he goes...he is unique!.

I am just so saddened by the attitude some of the press have shown to him, and some Djs,( esp. the likes of Chris Moyles) and the power of the British media is scary, (Brian May can tell you!) they are short-sighted and stuck in a rut, afraid to change or give in in, any way!

It makes me wonder, what are they so afraid of?

His album is totally misinterpreted here and that must hurt, but I also know that Mika will hit back (maybe through some lyrics)

I know that the Mika magic is working amongst us everywhere....he's a fantastic artist, songwriter and performer, he is so genuine, honest,he is clever, inventive, sensitive and gregarious, and he's proven himself, wherever he goes...he is unique!.

I am just so saddened by the attitude some of the press have shown to him, and some Djs,( esp. the likes of Chris Moyles) and the power of the British media is scary, (Brian May can tell you!) they are short-sighted and stuck in a rut, afraid to change or give in in, any way!

It makes me wonder, what are they so afraid of?

His album is totally misinterpreted here and that must hurt, but I also know that Mika will hit back (maybe through some lyrics)

I agree, I think people are afraid of change and being proven wrong. Mika is definitely a change for the better of music! :wink2:

Hear Hear! Mika is the acest. He's one of the few artists that ive ever been able to listen to his full album and absolutely LOVE every single one of the tracks on there - let alone join a fan club!

We all heart Mika!

I totally agree... GO MIKA !!! :punk:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you read NME (New Musical Express) Magazine? I browse it in the library and I've noticed that it either loves or hates British newcomers. About Mika they weren't too happy. There has been some short clips, and the message seems to be "it will be huge, you can't avoid it, but anyway why we have to listen to this.." Maybe their views will change :)

Heard heard! You're so right in your points - many people arent ready for a guy like this.. People like my friends for example.

Oh, and the clothing thing: Why do people allways judge people on their way to dress and so on? You don't judge a book by it's cover!

Hiya all

I like your comments. To the guy in the Falklands, I recognise what you are saying. If you are ever down listen to Mika, instant uplift. Freddie does the same, but he is no longer with us. Hurry up Mika and give us more!!

I love Mika so much because he has no fear. He sings with total freedom, people find this strange, and yes, frightening. I feel sorry for them, they are closed to new things and probably find the whole world frightening. The most haunting song on the 'Cartoon Motion' album is Any Other World, so evocative and haunts you long after it has finished.

I am quite old as a fan 57, but I had to buy 2 albums because my mother who is a Freddie fan heard my album and I had to give it to her, she is 75. I wonder who is the oldest Mika fan. And does he mind us oldies trilling along to all his music. Let me know Mika. Luv ya forever. More music pleeeease!@

• 1 month later...
Agreed. Really fantastic Steph. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Aussie :insane:

well this letter that i wrote is still very much my thoughts and looking at the chris issues more and more so today.....

my views are strong , but honest...!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 2 weeks later...
Most certainly agree! Some folk just aren't ready for someone who is 100% real down to the bone and doesn't put on an act just to make everyone happy. He is who he is, and we love him for that! He definitely a gift that some people aren't ready to open, but once they do finally get to courage to do so, they might actually like what's inside! :thumb_yello:

WELL PUT!!!!