Kerching....love It Or Loathe It?

Sarah_loves_mika

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course we forgive you! :bleh: you think that's bad? the first time i saw mika, i thought he was a strange, pervy man! :shocked::roftl:

:roftl: Thank the Lord, I thought it was just me who thought that:wub2: and have been feeling SOOOO bad about it! Now I just think it's me who's the perv. I'm old enough to be his mother (technically) but believe me, there is nothing maternal whatsoever about my feelings for Mika...:mf_lustslow:

I like the kerchinga...deffo a nice bit of irony, probably aimed at Simon Cowell, now there IS a pervy man for you!:naughty:

gotta love the kachiiiiiiiinnnnnnga !!! The song wouldn't be the same without it !!! And yes, I do the hand motion too... and the "a little Freddie" motion too !! :roftl:

I also think it is an "in your face, I made it" thing he does, because this song was written as an insult to all the record companies who wanted to mold him in something he was not...

Who's laughing now !:naughty:

I do hear it sometimes :D Its just that for some reason when the ladies talking its really quiet. But you hear the kerching bit. You normally hear all of it if its a request. But it depends on the radio station. I listen to Radio Broadland :D My local radio. Tis awwesome :D

OMG Radio Broadland, that brings back memories from living in Norfolk! btw Beckar, I went to school with Rob Chandlers wife Jo!

Kerching? I love it! Hence the sig :wink2:

I remember that Chris Moyles once said during his morning show that the record is now slowly growing on him but that he cannot get his head around 'Kerching' . Chris Moyles is fairly opinionated!!

I think tha Mika put it in to get a reaction from people who hear Grace Kelly (apart from the 'so there!!' to the industry

Chris Moyles really doesn like mika, i listen 2 him in the morning when i take my daughter 2 school and he slagged grace kelly off all the time and always talked over it when he played it....PRATT!!!! oh my got quite angry then!! xxxx

Chris Moyles really doesn like mika, i listen 2 him in the morning when i take my daughter 2 school and he slagged grace kelly off all the time and always talked over it when he played it....PRATT!!!! oh my got quite angry then!! xxxx

I got that feeling about him too, sadly he is very popular and when he likes or(not) something his view counts, he can make or break someone, that's how all the Mika Versus Kaiser Chiefs started.

By the way, I was just surfing the net and came accross this about Grace Kelly, I like the last sentence, so there, Chris Moyles!!

There's no doubt about it - Mika has a lovely voice and is a great musician. What’s more you feel that this album is exactly the way he intended it to be. He is in no way just another product of music industry bigwigs sitting around trying to come up with a new concept for a singer, but someone who is unique, true to himself and not afraid to show it.

I LOVE the kerching part i always do the hand thingy too...hey hang on a minute...I LOVE the whole thing! I don't really have a fav part but if i had to choose it would be right at the beginning where he's looking up. On the pic below.

mika.jpg

OMG!!! Sexy!!!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow::wub2:

I kinda like the Kerching part...but does it, um, have a meaning? or is it just something that Mika made up?

Kerching is an onomatopoeia (I love that word!) that we use in the UK to indicate someone making some money. (It's the sound of a cash register opening, or a slot machine hitting the jackpot).

So kerching definitely has a reason for being at the end of Grace Kelly ... and because of that reason I love it :thumb_yello:

I love LOVE LOVE it! I always do it, even or rather especially, when I'm singing it in my head. I also do the " I could be brown, I could be blue etc" hand bit and people look at me as if I'm insane. They should just be happy I haven't adopted any more of Mikas moves LOL I think its not Grace Kelly with out Mika's kerching

Thanks to Max for giving that useful explanation about that "kerching" thing I didn't understand. But I always LOVED it ! It always made me laugh ! And that little hand movement... Rrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!! But I never do the gesture !

Curly, I like the picture you sent us, too !

There's another thing I like about "Grace Kelly". When Mika sings in in accoustics and says "I've got identity mad, mad, mad, mad !" with that little voice of his that goes higher and higher ! His music is great, the orchestrations are perfect but I wonder if I don't prefer listening to him in accoustics, only singing and playing his piano.