45 y.o. Music teacher impressed!

Lorelei

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a freddie fan, i haven't been moved by a voice since 1975. Have tickets to see Mika in Toronto in March & can't wait. I teach piano, vocal & instruct band. What a voice!!! How many octives??

Helloo and welcome!!! , your so right about the freddie thing , amazing , I saw him with some lovely people off this forum last week and it was breathtaking!!!! ....

I think it 4 octaves???? , definate 4 or 5 :thumb_yello:

welcome!

I think he has four and does he not use his talent?! Because of his voice training his vocal cords sound so pure and his voice just amazing.

Everyone is surprized that in interviews his voice is actually quite deep, what do they expect???

Hi, everybody !

I'm sure Mika is able to developpe a 5 octaves tessiture. He is what we call in the bel canto a falsetto or a sopranist. The sopranists are able to use their voices by two ways : the deep one, which is a normal male voice since bass to tenor ant what we call a head voice, as when men try to imitaite ladies voices. It is easy to do that for kidding, but for a very few men, it becames an art. Normally, everyone uses a throat or a chest voice, but the falsetti use a head one, very high, and they are able, differently from the guys imitating ladies for joking, to sing very well with it, and, in certain cases, very rare, to play with they head voice in better way than their normal one, and, finally, the head voice ends becaming their normal one !

It is the reason why when Mika speaks, he has a normal male voice. The particularity of his vocal work appears only when he sings. Like Prince, or the Bee Gees, or Freddy Mercury and others falsetti in pop and funk mucsic or disco, but the sopranists and falsetti exists also in lyric singing.

A long time ago, falsetti were created by a cruel ablation on young boys. I don't know the English word for that, but they took young boys before teenage, and they cut their gonades... In Frech we call the poor creatures "castrats".

heavenly, this practice is not allowed now, and our modern artists are intact !!! But the way they train their voices, the way they use them parmit them to use the castrats repertory ! There are also hormonal causes who can explain, in a very few cases, this particularity.

But Mika, Prince, Bee Gees and the poor and regretted Freddy Mercury seemed normal in that way !

When all theses artists speak, they speak whith normal male voices, and sometimes, very bass, in the case of Prince and Mika !!!

In fact, they discovered their head voices and the way to use that !

Goodbye everybody !

Tinky :thumb_yello:

Hi, everybody !

I'm sure Mika is able to developpe a 5 octaves tessiture. He is what we call in the bel canto a falsetto or a sopranist. The sopranists are able to use their voices by two ways : the deep one, which is a normal male voice since bass to tenor ant what we call a head voice, as when men try to imitaite ladies voices. It is easy to do that for kidding, but for a very few men, it becames an art. Normally, everyone uses a throat or a chest voice, but the falsetti use a head one, very high, and they are able, differently from the guys imitating ladies for joking, to sing very well with it, and, in certain cases, very rare, to play with they head voice in better way than their normal one, and, finally, the head voice ends becaming their normal one !

It is the reason why when Mika speaks, he has a normal male voice. The particularity of his vocal work appears only when he sings. Like Prince, or the Bee Gees, or Freddy Mercury and others falsetti in pop and funk mucsic or disco, but the sopranists and falsetti exists also in lyric singing.

A long time ago, falsetti were created by a cruel ablation on young boys. I don't know the English word for that, but they took young boys before teenage, and they cut their gonades... In Frech we call the poor creatures "castrats".

heavenly, this practice is not allowed now, and our modern artists are intact !!! But the way they train their voices, the way they use them parmit them to use the castrats repertory ! There are also hormonal causes who can explain, in a very few cases, this particularity.

But Mika, Prince, Bee Gees and the poor and regretted Freddy Mercury seemed normal in that way !

When all theses artists speak, they speak whith normal male voices, and sometimes, very bass, in the case of Prince and Mika !!!

In fact, they discovered their head voices and the way to use that !

Goodbye everybody !

Tinky thats a very interesting and useful post , thankyou

Dear Freddydouble, it was a pleasure for me to give this explanation. I'm passionated about music, and I love opera, too. i began a lyric singer formation years ago, but I prefer to sing jazz, soul, gospel, or make imitations... My latest madness was to compose a few electronic and techno on my computer whith a sequencer and sounds loops ! It is funny too ! But Mika... Ah, Mika !!! He is the GREATEST !

Freddy Mercury inheriter !

Bye, my friend !