What if Mika wasn't gorgeous?

Mika Mad

This is another of the daft questions that I've been wondering about for a while.

Many of us fell in love with his voice on the radio before we saw him, but what if he had turned out to look really grotty looking when you looked him up on google/youtube etc?

Yes, he'd still be a fantastic songwriter with a totally amazing voice, but would be all be here every day trying to find more photos, performances, interviews, etc?

I know that I wouldn't. I'd be still listening to LICM constantly, but the rest of the addiction wouldn't have happened for me.

I think I must be really shallow. :naughty:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hm. well i think that even if he isn't gorgeous, mika's still gotta have an endearing appearance. i love looking at him coz his smile makes me smile, but that could be possible with someone who doesn't look half as good as him!

:P

LOL .. just as well he did turn out to be as gorgeous as he is then. Really good question, I have to b honest and say i really don't know. i heard relax back last year and loved it soooo much!! when i saw him everything kinda fell in2 place. I hope i would have loved him just as much,althou its a package thing 4 me. x

Hey Ive gotta have an input here , also I think this is a great post and conversation point ...

It wouldnt make a difference to me , obviously!! , we really do have one amazing artist here , the fact that all you ladies find him dashingly handsome makes it even better ! :cool:

I love the fact that you adore him, even though you don't fancy him!

The fact that there don't seem to be many straight males here does make me think that his appearance is a big factor.

FD : would you be as keen to be seen (oops, sounds a bit like gotta be green, gotta be mean!) to be a Mika fan if he was a 50 year old grot?

I think even if Mika was butt ugly id still have fallen in love with his music, but i do agree that his stunning looks make it so much more exciting!! His grace kelly video certainly gives me something to drool over....especially when he prances around in his skin tight trousers :wink2:

Ohhhh theres a GREAT question!!!!

mmm think think . Well for me he reminds me of freddie mercury , freddie was and is the love of my life <excuse the pun> , now Mika is not a copy cat , but my initial link was through that .

1) I think hes a musical genius and I wanted to be part of it from the start , cause I really believe he has the potential to be huge

2) Yeh I suppose the image and the man appeals to me , I must say that , especially being an image type of person <whats the word metromale??> , I think it made his music even more attactive to me

So if he was a 5o year old grot but had the same voice .. I would be a huge fan but dont think I would support to this extent!

:thumb_yello:

I would still love him because he's a great artist and inspires me to be someone I never thought I could be. Sure, it's nice daydreaming about his gorgeous face, hair, body, everything, but the quality of the music is really what matters most. Having talent is extremely attractive to me, so even if he wasn't gorgeous I wouild still find him appealing. He is so incredibly beautiful, though!! :wub2:

When I first heard Mika I was in a car in a traffic jam, in the middle of Reading,on a rainy late afternoon on a mid January Sunday, I had listened to the radio 1 chart show, as one does, and not taken much notice, as one does, until this voice piped up!

Suddenly I listened, and concentrated on traffic, he started talking about his toy selection, and I was hooked, his voice and infectious character got the better of me, then, when 'Grace Kelly' was played, it finished it off....

his looks did not come into it, he could be old, frail and ugly, I would still admire him for what he achieved...(as it was , I had no idea of what he looked like until I got home and found him on a music channel!!!)

In my opinion, it really wouldn't matter. With Mika, I saw his video before hearing the song by itself, so yeah, the fact that he was way above average in the looks department was present, but what actually drew me in was the voice...because when I first heard Grace Kelly, he sounded eerily like Freddie Mercury in his early days (I know everyone's tired of the comparison, but its true)...There's been plenty of artists who I've heard on the radio, or heard their songs on commercials that I liked but didn't actually see until awhile later, and they were good-looking as often as not, and that really dosen't change my opinion of their music. So the same would go for Mika...with a voice that brilliant, it would'nt have mattered even if Mika looked as if he'd been beaten with an ugly stick. :biggrin2:

Hmmm interesting question :blink: I would like to say it doesn't matter, but of course it does. There's a lot of music I like a lot, but I don't usually join forums to discuss it, so this is quite different for me, but I don't think it's just his looks...it's more that he seems so nice :wub2:

come on \Freddiesdouble, where are you, we need you r (male) input here, do you agree or don't you care.... I think appearance does not play a dominant part in this, at least not for me, it could not have done as I was taken in by Mika listening to the radio!

Well I heard his music and him speaking on the radio, and something just clicked and I knew that there was something special here.

When I first saw him though, I thought he was a bit funny looking! but I soon changed my mind.

I think it is a combination of both music and looks and his personality as we know it.

I think I would still be playing his music non stop if he was butt ugly, but perhaps not been quite so obsessed with the whole Mika phenomenon.

come on \Freddiesdouble, where are you, we need you r (male) input here, do you agree or don't you care.... I think appearance does not play a dominant part in this, at least not for me, it could not have done as I was taken in by Mika listening to the radio!

Hey Steph sunshine I answered on one of the front pages :wink2: