What if Mika wasn't gorgeous?

Mika Mad

It wouldn't make any difference to me ... like Liz ^ says, love the people for themselves.

It was Mika's music that grabbed me in the first place, and maybe cos I'm a little older than some of you on here (I'm just out of my 20s *cough!* tee hee! well all right, out of my 30s too then) I often look at people (not famous, I mean everyday people) and think, they aren't conventionally pretty maybe, but have interesting and attractive faces and personalities.

Obviously if someone is drop dead gorgeous, you can't overlook that! But if someone has a warm, friendly and genuine personality, that shines through for me. I am attracted to those sort of people, rather than people who are "beautiful and don't I know it" but cold towards others.

I just love meeting people and hearing their stories!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ithink its something inside him that shines out, like a twinkling star :wub2:, I have some friends(not from this site!) who dont think Mika is good looking:jawdrop: , Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:naughty: But obviously he is really beautiful and i think that fuels my obsession, but then I adore Fred Mercury and many think he's not a looker with the teeth and all. It is def much more than just a voice and looks that make men like Mika so desirable and devestatingly atttractive, he has it all :wub2: :wub2: :thumb_yello:

Well, I must confess it's a very interesting and honest question. The first thing I knew about Mika was his song "Relax" and more exactly a part of his song but I already loved it. I love high-peeched voices for men ! :blush-anim-cl: And then, some day, he was invited on TV, I discovered as well his physical apperance and also his attractive personnality and I'm still unable to say what I prefeed in him. But what is sure is I was immediately hooked and can't stop thinking about him since that very moment ! I don't know if its because of his looks, voice or personnality. I think the three elements are part of him and cannot be dissociated (not sure this word exists in English !).

What I want to say is that Mika is beautiful but it is not the essential ! It doesn't spoil anything of course but I think I would love his music even though he wasn't. His music always makes me feel so fine ! His lyrics are so intelligently written ! And his voice, especially when he sings "over my shoulder" does thrill me ! It would be the same if he wasn't handsome.

For example, I never though Freddie Mercury was beautiful but I love his voice !... Well, I never went on forums and fan-clubs of his, in fact ! Oh, difficult question, indeed !

When I was younger, I was as hooked on Prince that I am on Mika now and everybody kept telling me Prince was very ugly ! Same thing happened later with Eminem ! I think when you like somebody, he becomes better-looking to you than he actually is. So I would say that if Mika was not so attractive, I would like him as I do now !

And if he happened to have some horrible accident or disease which would totally change his appearance and made him suddenly ugly (which, I hope, will never happen ! Poor MIka !!!!) I would still remain one of his most convinced and faithful fans !

I agree Mir...people do get more attractive, and do you lot think that when you see someone for the first time and think OMG they are sooooo beautiful, often they do not seem as beautiful after getting to know them, or seeing them a few times. Def something else go on, beauty is not skin deep...Im a bit of a cliche girl today:naughty: :biggrin2:

Ithink its something inside him that shines out, like a twinkling star :wub2:, I have some friends(not from this site!) who dont think Mika is good looking:jawdrop: , Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:naughty: But obviously he is really beautiful and i think that fuels my obsession, but then I adore Fred Mercury and many think he's not a looker with the teeth and all. It is def much more than just a voice and looks that make men like Mika so desirable and devestatingly atttractive, he has it all :wub2: :wub2: :thumb_yello:

Can I just say Im loving this thread! , for a number of reasons ....

Yeh I "love" Freddie too , and lots of people found him attractive , horses for courses I suppose , and that just wasnt his teeth :roftl: , sorry Fred !

So I also spoke to my scottish girly friends and they dont find Mika attractive at all ! , then again no way is every girl going to like him.

BTW : Any survey I look at in FHM or whatever has personality / humour over looks as a reason for liking someone !

It really is a very interesting question. I think a lot of people heard Mika's music first before they saw him..........and yes, many immediatly made the link to Freddie M. However, the looks certainly do help, well they do for me anyway! I just think that he is just such a completely perfect package of looks, incredible talent and such a complete breath of fresh air that frankly I can't see why the whole world is not obsessed!

Gotta agree its a top posting , excellent Mika Mad...

So if hes so good looking but had a crap personality , was boring , no humour or just plain unkind etc , would you still like him ???? :bleh:

Proberly not. :P

His personality and his humor are like the best things about his.. as well his singing.

I would proberly buy his album.. but wouldnt of looked twice on here lol

Can we really distinguishe mika from his music ???

I don't think so . If he hadn't that very colorful personality, his music wouldn't be the same. Being gorgeous, having charism and being loved by everyone is just a whole thing which expresses in his music I guess...

I'm sorry I'm not clear... Telling this in english is so hard...

But to sum up, I think that if mika wasn't gorgeous, his music wouldn't be the same.

I think he can be compared to Bob Dylan because as Dylan, his personality reflects in his music so much.

An olderling's point of view here as requested!

It is definitely more than just Mika's physical appearance which makes him so appealing to me; he has genuine charisma, which is not defined by how you look, and such a spot-on attitude re: the music biz, integrity, a sense of humour and a down to earth quality too (at least that's how he comes across). All these things are very attractive. Of course it does help that he happens to be a babe :wub2:

But it was an interesting question and one I have been mulling over all morning at work!

Yeh I agree its a great forum question , and your english is perfect :thumb_yello:

Id like to add another thing into this , Im lucky enough to have lots of female maties and loads really fancy Bono , some Larry Mullen , some the edge .... and thats just out of one band! ... I do think being a personality and having a cutting edge makes a difference to how someone "appeals".

For me its girl aloud :wub2::naughty:

Can we really distinguishe mika from his music ???

I don't think so . If he hadn't that very colorful personality, his music wouldn't be the same. Being gorgeous, having charism and being loved by everyone is just a whole thing which expresses in his music I guess...

I'm sorry I'm not clear... Telling this in english is so hard...

But to sum up, I think that if mika wasn't gorgeous, his music wouldn't be the same.

I think he can be compared to Bob Dylan because as Dylan, his personality reflects in his music so much.

Exactly what I was gonna write. It's a brilliant question, and this thread could run for days with all the different angles you can take on it, but I think Mika's music depends on his looks to a very great extent. I remember reading an interview - I forget which one - where he said that although on the one hand Grace Kelly is a very endearing song, on the other it's hugely arrogant. Someone less attractive, who was less sure of being able to win people over instinctively the way Mika has, could never have pulled off a song like that.

It seems pretty much the same with a lot of the album - Lollipop, Love Today, Big Girl etc wouldn't seem half so winning without that confident, self-aware delivery - both visually and vocally. Plus there's the live question - Mika often talks about his role when playing live as a kind of circus-master, and his shows at the moment are clearly very colourful and vibrant. So again, it's absolutely necessary that he's someone worth looking at for the whole thing to work!

I dont know actually.

When i first saw him on Friday Night Project, i fort 'who da hell is this guy?!!!' I dint quite know how to take him, but then i bought the album and fell in love.

It wasnt until about 2 weeks after loving his music that i actually thought to myself 'hmmmm, yeah he is quite hot actually'..... And now i have a Mika Addiction. I think im gonna have to cart myself off to rehab sometime soon ;)

Mika is def a grower, am sitting in fear wondering HOW obsessed i will be this time next year...

Bono is totally HOT Fred!:wub2:

And if Mika looked as he did but had none of the other things that he has in abundance, then I dont think id look twice

Ohhhh theres a GREAT question!!!!

mmm think think . Well for me he reminds me of freddie mercury , freddie was and is the love of my life <excuse the pun> , now Mika is not a copy cat , but my initial link was through that .

1) I think hes a musical genius and I wanted to be part of it from the start , cause I really believe he has the potential to be huge

2) Yeh I suppose the image and the man appeals to me , I must say that , especially being an image type of person <whats the word metromale??> , I think it made his music even more attactive to me

So if he was a 5o year old grot but had the same voice .. I would be a huge fan but dont think I would support to this extent!

:thumb_yello:

i think im with u :)

I heard Mika long before I saw him - I loved his voice from the start. I was a bit worried when I first saw him, with the young girl on the video - but then listening to him being interviewed etc it all made more sense - and now, because of this site I have seen and heard a whole lot more - he is a great all round "package" (and is lucky to be gorgeous too!!)

Fred, Bono:wub2: is filled to the brim with overwhelming sex appeal OMG! And he has all these fab political ideas but doesnt go on and on about it like mr geldof for example(who doesnt have any appeal to me). And U2 rock, they have some really brilliant songs.

Pretty boys can be fab too, like johnathan Rhys Myers:blush-anim-cl: and Leo Dicaprio, Jason Don in his younger years..he heeeee, but they all had some grit too them, cant put my finger on it. Jase is better now though :thumb_yello:

And fred, doesnt it feel good to worship someone who is actually alive and we can go and see and watch them grow, rather than getting the back catolouge..........Love freddie M forever though, dont get me wrong. I think that is why i am so desparate to be involved with everything about MIKA as i feel i missed out on that part with Queen

And fred, doesnt it feel good to worship someone who is actually alive and we can go and see and watch them grow, rather than getting the back catolouge..........Love freddie M forever though, dont get me wrong. I think that is why i am so desparate to be involved with everything about MIKA as i feel i missed out on that part with Queen

<===feel missed out on Queen to :(

i know that if i was decent age when Queen were preforming i would have traveled anywhere to see them live... :)

there is no band like queen....and i doubt there will be....

i dont think MIKA is exactly like queen or freddie... i know what ppl mean with his voice and stuff...but i think mika is different and UNIQUE his own way...im just INLOVE with his music...i hope i wobt b sick of his songs soon cause i listen to the album everyday...few times a day! lol :wub2::thumb_yello::blink:

I am worried about overplaying the album too! I dont think Mka is very much like Queen, But i have never felt this way about a band/singer since Queen, so it is rare that I love something this much, that is why they are similar too me.

They are the same only in their uniqueness....:naughty: I think we agree:thumb_yello:

<===feel missed out on Queen to :(

i know that if i was decent age when Queen were preforming i would have traveled anywhere to see them live... :)

there is no band like queen....and i doubt there will be....

i dont think MIKA is exactly like queen or freddie... i know what ppl mean with his voice and stuff...but i think mika is different and UNIQUE his own way...im just INLOVE with his music...i hope i wobt b sick of his songs soon cause i listen to the album everyday...few times a day! lol :wub2::thumb_yello::blink:

Yes to both for definate , Queen were fantastic , if I was at the right age I would be obsessed as I am now , and yeh maybe Mika is my replacement! ! , never thought of that , although truley they are different people , just that "something".

U2 are just amazing , Joshua tree is unreal :thumb_yello: