Mika to play Oxegen, Ireland

meimei88

Oxegen 2007

7 July to 8 July at Punchestown Racecource, IRE

Coming up for Eire...

Oxegen is far and away Ireland's biggest music festival with more than 70,000 people regularly selling out the event.

More than 100 acts of varying genres perform across five stages for two days, with the majority of the lineup also playing at T In The Park, in Scotland, which takes place on the same weekend.

Line-Up:

Includes... Amy Winehouse, Arctic Monkeys, Babyshambles, Bloc Party, CSS, Daft Punk, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, Kings Of Leon, Klaxons, KT Tunstall, Lily Allen, Mika, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Paolo Nutini, Radiohead, Scissor Sisters, Snow Patrol, The Arcade Fire, The Fratellis, The Killers, The Kooks, The Rakes, The View

Click here to see the full line-up!

Capacity:

Ticket price:

Approx £120

More Information:

Please visit the official Website for more information.

Tickets go on sale this Friday morning and will be available to buy here.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a busy weekend it will be for all of the ones that appear on both, but what a great line-up!!

Mika plays T in the park on Sunday, so he must be in Ireland on Saturday....wow! Allow for travelling, setting up etc, there is not much time left ... but that is what he likes, being busy, he once said 'it gives me a hyperactive buzz'... I bet it does!!!!!!!!!

RTE ENTERTAINMENT

Wednesday, 28 February 2007

The Killers and Mika have been added to the OXEGEN line-up for this year, it was revealed at the official festival launch today.

The Killers announced today that they would be headlining the main stage on Sunday 8 July 2007.

Chart-topper Mika has been added to the line-up for Saturday 7 July.

Already confirmed for the festival are Snow Patrol, Muse, Daft Punk, Arcade Fire, Scissor Sisters, Razorlight, My Chemical Romance and Bloc Party.

Speaking about the festival, Muse frontman Matt Bellamy said: "OXEGEN is the best festival, we love playing in front of the Irish crowd and can't wait to return this summer."

Razorlight singer Johnny Borrell said: "The crowd are always amazing at OXEGEN. It's a great line up this year and we can't wait to play. Ireland's the greatest country in the world."

---

VIRTUAL FESTIVALS

The Killers confirm Oxegen

28 February 2007

The Killers have been confirmed to headline Ireland's Oxegen, closing the festival on Sunday night. Wu Tang Clan, Mika and The Gossip have also been announced along with several dance acts...

Oxegen takes place at Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, Co Kildare, on 7-9 July.

Loads of acts have already been confirmed, including Muse, Snow Patrol, Scissor Sisters and Kings Of Leon on Saturday's main stage.

Rozorlight will warm up for The Killers on the Sunday and there will also be main stage performances by Arcade Fire and The Kooks.

Organisers have just announced the first dance acts, which include Deep Dish with special guest Cedric Gervais, Frankie Knuckles, Datarock, Erol Alkan, Booka Shade, Justice, M.A.N.D.Y, Dr.lektroluv and Cagedbaby.

The majority of artists have not yet been assigned stages but the day split now goes like this..

Saturday: Muse, Snow Patrol, Scissor Sisters, Kings of Leon, Interpol, Amy Winehouse, The Fratellis, MIKA, Wu Tang Clan, Tori Amos, The Goo Goo Dolls and The Gossip, as well as Erol Alkan, Booka Shade, M.A.N.D.Y, Justice, Dr.lektroluv.

Sunday: The Killers, Razorlight, Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, The Kooks, My Chemical Romance, Bloc Party, Babyshambles, James Morrison, CSS and Klaxons will be taking to the stage along with Deep Dish (with special guest Cedric Gervais), Frankie Knuckles, Datarock and Cagedbaby.

You may remember we reported that Snow Patrol would be headlining ahead of a performance by Muse, yet the festival has now put Muse above them on the bill. We're try to find out what's going on and will let you know!

---

CW.

Oxegen 2007

7 July to 8 July at Punchestown Racecource, IRE

Coming up for Eire...

Capacity:

Ticket price:

Approx £120

More Information:

Please visit the official Website for more information.

Oh God...120...and I have to fly from Italy...I'm sad, I'll ever have so much money...:boxed:

Omg.. Paolo, Mika AND James... AND Ireland... and I will be living in Ireland then...

ARGHHH i cant afford such tickets though :(

Boohoo.

[and mika is in Dublin tonight and I came home from Dublin just last night -UNFAIR!!!!]