2007 - Mika in Stockholm

kaskelot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heheh come on give us the Gossip Satu ....

we have all been literally Dying to hear from you .....did you meet Mika?

Did you get an autograph?

How was the concert?

Noo, I didn't get a signature or meet him! :(

But it was still something unforgettable!

I have about 10 vids,

bad quality tho but you might see from them Im in some concert! x)

I have about 10 vids,

oh oh oh post the videos :thumb_yello:

cant you see im soo excited im jumping up and down in my pc chair :naughty:

it doesnt matter that you didnt get to meet him....for a while you would have been in the same room as him in his presence listening to his great music :thumb_yello:

oh oh oh post the videos :thumb_yello:

cant you see im soo excited im jumping up and down in my pc chair :naughty:

it doesnt matter that you didnt get to meet him....for a while you would have been in the same room as him in his presence listening to his great music :thumb_yello:

I know I know I know, Im happy, so happy I got too much already! :bleh:

I was a meter away from he! (and my arm was even closer)

Ok, sounds mad... (sorry Mika)

I need to go now, Im back to the forums this night!

I know I know I know, Im happy, so happy I got too much already! :bleh:

I was a meter away from he! (and my arm was even closer)

Ok, sounds mad... (sorry Mika)

I need to go now, Im back to the forums this night!

:punk: have a good day Satu and we hope to hear more from you later :punk:

I`m so jealous. You must have had such a wonderful time. :thumb_yello:

I hope I can go to his consert sometimes. He just has to come to Norway.

Do you hear that Mika. Come to Norway!! (I`m shouting now :roftl:)

I have about 10 vids,

Im mega pleased u enjoyed yourself, sorry u didnt get 2 meet him!! cant wait to see yr vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys and girls!

I just registered here and on Mika's official forum. I was just browsing the net to see some sort of review of the show on Berns but surprisingly there is none to be found. And not a lot have been presented on forums either soooo, here's my experience of the show. :)

First I didn't know if I should go because no one wanted to come with me. I decided on Friday evening, to go by myself. Drove by car the 400km to Stockholm. Guess what I was listening to the whole way. :)

I met up with some friends there and enjoyed the capital of Sweden all Saturday. Then we split cause they were going to Lionel Richie. Yeah I know. They're not my friends anymore. :) Anyway, I headed to Berns and had time to get a beer (or two) before the show started. Lights were dimmed and out of the speakers comes...*drums*...Dolly Parton! Yes, the intro of 9 to 5. The intro then went into a techno-sort-of-thing and soon after you could hear the intro of Relax(Take it easy). Do I need to say that the crowd went nuts? :) Mika himself started singing with the back against the crowd. It was so perfect. It was AWESOME! Already by then, the lonesome trip was worth every second and every penny.

The second highlight of the night, at least in my opinion, was Billy Brown. I never really liked the song as much as the other ones on the record, but I'm sure glad he played it. It was sooo good live! And the audience seemed to love it as well.

The lowest point of the concert came next: Over my shoulder. I love that song as much as I love the Moonlight Sonata. You can just put it on, lay down and just listen to it forever. The problem here was that he had the crowd going earlier and there was no way it could calm down so quickly. People started talking very loud and it turned out the crowd was louder than Mika... :thumbdown:

The song listed earlier as Everybody's Talking was a cover. I don't know the real name of the song or artist either. It sounded like something Elton John or Billy Joel could have done. If anyone know a song which starts with Everybody's Talking or something like that, please tell me. Unfortunately I didn't quite catch the reason he played it. From what I could hear it was a Swedish girl who had written to him and said that she loved him but her mother didn't. Her mother only liked this song/artist so therefor he played it so they both would be satisfied. Well, as I said I didn't hear all he said so this might not be the true reason.

Then came the ending. Love Today and Grace Kelly. The audience really made this a great show. Together with Mika's enthusiasm, great singing and awesome performing this became one of my favourite concerts of all time. And trust me, I've seen a lot of the world's greatest artists.

A funny thing is that I've never heard so many people try to sing so high notes as they did when Mika sang Grace Kelly. Even I who can't sing at all tried to swing my voice into falsetto to that one! :) Just great. And then the band just went offstage...

The whole room was lit up by a green light from the stage and the crowd started to shout "Mika Mika Mika"!

Out came four persons dressed as animals. They danced some sort of silly dance to some sort of silly music. A lot of people took pictures here. I was way in the back so I had a good overview. The dance then turned violent and one of the figures beat the others with it's drumsticks. Then she removed her "head" and turned out to be the drummer. Then the head came off of two of the others as well, and they turned out to be the guitarist and the bass player. The monkey didn't remove his head though. Then the drummer did the childish voice and Lollipop started. Now the crowd was really nuts. Not a single person was standing still, I can promise you that.

Beside me was a mother and her young daughter and they seemed to compete in who could dance the wildest. And I guess you've heard what they say...hips don't lie. :)

Lollipop and the concert then ends in a huge confetti. Huge balloons are also dropped from the balcony. It was just a perfect ending of a perfect show. I just wished he would start over and do the show once again. I don't believe I was the only one thinking that.

As summary the evening was great. Mika showed that he is a real entertainer. I hadn't been reading a lot about him before I went to the concert so my biggest concern was if he was able to sound as good live as he did on record. I really didn't have to worry. He blew me away with his singing. He hit every note, every single time. Just brilliant. That combined with great melodies and lyrics...I mean, that can't never fail. After the concert I've realized that I just love Mika and his music. And every time I think about the show I smile. I really hope he'll come back to Sweden soon...

I filmed some with my mobile phone, but as I said I was very far back so they are pretty far distanced. If you still want to see them I'm sure I can put them up somewhere.

Hope you got some sort of feeling of the Stockholm show from what I've written. I would also love to hear what other people thought of the show. See'ya!

Zociac

Oh Wow Zociac!!!!

what a brilliant account of the evenings events ive seen a video online somewhere of another Gig where people have talked through Over my shoulder its soo Rude :thumbdown:

But you had a great time and im so happy for you ...i cant wait to see him live myself in May :thumb_yello:

Oh and Welcome to the Mika Fan Club :punk:

It's nice to see that this is an active board. :)

I uploaded my vids on Megaupload. You just click the link, copy the letters/numbers from pic to the textbox, wait for 45 seconds and then click download.

It's a rar-file so you need Winrar to open it.

As I said before the vids aren't that great. On MOV00023.3GP he is singing the cover and you can also hear part of the reason he's playing it.

Enjoy!

Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5B25XH5J

Rar Password:

MikaFansOnly

It's nice to see that this is an active board. :)

I uploaded my vids on Megaupload. You just click the link, copy the letters/numbers from pic to the textbox, wait for 45 seconds and then click download.

It's a rar-file so you need Winrar to open it.

As I said before the vids aren't that great. On MOV00023.3GP he is singing the cover and you can also hear part of the reason he's playing it.

Enjoy!

Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5B25XH5J

Rar Password:

MikaFansOnly

Oh we love videos...im trying to get them now

:thumb_yello:

No no no no!!

I had written a hell long story about my experience and everything i remembered.

Few last things was missing anymore and I was going to send it, but what did I do! Messed up with the tabs and closed the tab the story was in...

I'll start to write again... :cool:

No no no no!!

I had written a hell long story about my experience and everything i remembered.

Few last things was missing anymore and I was going to send it, but what did I do! Messed up with the tabs and closed the tab the story was in...

I'll start to write again... :cool:

aaaw, poor you, I hate when that happens!