The Cherisse Thread

meimei88

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-09/17/content_10063748.htm

The London 2012 Games represents a unique opportunity to welcome the Paralympic Games back to the country that inspired the creation of a new worldwide sporting movement, following the historic archery competition amongst war-injured patients at the Stoke Mandeville Hospital just outside the capital in 1948.

The handover segment also featured guest performances from Paralympic medalist and TV personality Ade Adepitan and, representing the next generation of the British music scene, drummer Cherisse Osei and rock guitarist Sam Hegedus.

The Paralympic handover carried on from where London left the Olympic handover. For the first time, both segments were conceived as two halves of one story - a journey to Beijing and a journey home bearing both the Paralympic and Olympic flags, along with the hopes and dreams of the world's best athletes.

How cool! :punk:

[Edit] And the story continues:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-09/17/content_10063365.htm

2.30 mins to 3.30 mins

The mood changes

The cast descend from bus as a drummer appears with a full drum kit on the rear scissor lift, sending up a solid "four to the floor" rhythm. The drummer is a young London musician, Cherisse Osei.

The central column rises and the figure of Nelson puts on his sunglasses and is handed an electric guitar on which he plays a funky riff - an image both of an iconic landmark and also of Britain's easy ability to be respectfully irreverent.

OK... video please? :wink2:

A lot of close ups, nice! Can't remember I've seen her drumming in a dress before, let alone in such a stylish dress. Looks great on her! :thumb_yello:

Hehe, there's even a tea drinking ceremony included. Nice people, them Brits. :naughty:

My 15 year old was watching it with me - and asked why they were

drinking tea!!! :roftl: No-one in my house drinks tea!!! :naughty: