• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey lovely MFCers :teehee:

There are two reasons why I'm writing what I'm writing:

1. I think Martin's thread should be on the first side of this forum, he's worth it :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

2. I'm constantly looking for new videos on youtube including a speaking Martin :naughty: Well, I found this here:

and I quite like it. But I've got a problem: from the moment on in which Martin is starting to talk I couldn't understand one ore word :aah: I just got Mika's bad word :naughty: Maybe it's because I'm no native speaker, but maybe it's because of the background noise. Anyway, do you understand what they are talking? I'm definitely too curious for this world :aah:

Hey lovely MFCers :teehee:

1. I think Martin's thread should be on the first side of this forum, he's worth it :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

2. I'm constantly looking for new videos on youtube including a speaking Martin :naughty: Well, I found this here:

and I quite like it. But I've got a problem: from the moment on in which Martin is starting to talk I couldn't understand one ore word :aah: I just got Mika's bad word :naughty: Maybe it's because I'm no native speaker, but maybe it's because of the background noise. Anyway, do you understand what they are talking? I'm definitely too curious for this world :aah:

Bit of both I think , Im at work so cant really listen too loud .. but he really is using his natural Scottish broad accent .. really comes across :aah:

That in itself can be hard ..

It seems to me that Martin has put himself into the background. I did speak to him in Amsterdam and he was as friendly as always but I only saw him from the car in Blackpool and in Dublin he didn't seem to look out from the stage at all and I didn't see him leave. Pity as he is very personable.

Martin got tangled up on stage in Dublin. He had to get back from the can drums and pick up his guitar to start playing in double quick time. He was so tangled, he had to start off on one knee and a roadie had to come on and sort him out! I'm surprised I noticed as I felt I kept my eyes on Mika all through.

Hey lovely MFCers

Okay, As Freddie said he's speaking in a very broad Scottish accent (:wub2:) which makes it very difficult to hear...

What I can make out:

.... for a second. I have to try and stop this guitar from feeding back!

It's really really annoying...

It's really pissing me off...

Maybe it could do with a little bit of duct tape..

I just need one bit...

That's all I can make out... not only is there the crowd to deal with, Martin's accent is really broad there..

Bit of both I think , Im at work so cant really listen too loud .. but he really is using his natural Scottish broad accent .. really comes across :aah:

That in itself can be hard ..

I love it! :wub2:

I could listen to him talk all day... I probably won't understand half of what he says, but anyways...

Oh, Martin is lovely :wub2: L-O-V-E-L-Y.

And Mika introduced him as David in Dublin!! Poor Martin!! It was hilarious :roftl: I wanted to scream " I LOVE you, Maaaartin!!!!" I didn't :teehee:

Awwww, poor Martin!

It seems to me that Martin has put himself into the background. I did speak to him in Amsterdam and he was as friendly as always but I only saw him from the car in Blackpool and in Dublin he didn't seem to look out from the stage at all and I didn't see him leave. Pity as he is very personable.

Oh really?

Martin got tangled up on stage in Dublin. He had to get back from the can drums and pick up his guitar to start playing in double quick time. He was so tangled, he had to start off on one knee and a roadie had to come on and sort him out! I'm surprised I noticed as I felt I kept my eyes on Mika all through.

Poor man...

Okay, As Freddie said he's speaking in a very broad Scottish accent (:wub2:) which makes it very difficult to hear...

What I can make out:

.... for a second. I have to try and stop this guitar from feeding back!

It's really really annoying...

It's really pissing me off...

Maybe it could do with a little bit of duct tape..

I just need one bit...

That's all I can make out... not only is there the crowd to deal with, Martin's accent is really broad there..

Wow, thank you :thumb_yello: Aww, I'm officially a Martin-fan now :wub2::teehee:

I don't get the Scottish accent in general. So if I ever meet Martin I won't get a single word :aah: But that's okay... I like him anyways :biggrin2:

Wow, thank you :thumb_yello: Aww, I'm officially a Martin-fan now :wub2::teehee:

I don't get the Scottish accent in general. So if I ever meet Martin I won't get a single word :aah: But that's okay... I like him anyways :biggrin2:

No probs! I've had a lot of practice understanding Scottish accents cause there's a Scottish man in the pipe band I play in... Besides that, I looooove the Scottish accent :wub2:... And yay for more Martin fans! I've been such a slacker lately, I've been spending a lot of time in Jimmy's thread!

I wouldn't worry about when you speak to him, he usually doesn't speak with such a strong accent. I was speaking to him in Sydney after the concert and he was very easy to understand :thumb_yello:...

No probs! I've had a lot of practice understanding Scottish accents cause there's a Scottish man in the pipe band I play in... Besides that, I looooove the Scottish accent :wub2:... And yay for more Martin fans! I've been such a slacker lately, I've been spending a lot of time in Jimmy's thread!

I wouldn't worry about when you speak to him, he usually doesn't speak with such a strong accent. I was speaking to him in Sydney after the concert and he was very easy to understand :thumb_yello:...

Actually, I'm not such a new Martin-fan. I just didn't write in here :biggrin2: But I read almost everything :blush-anim-cl:

So, when the moment ever comes in which I meet Martin I just tell him to speak his best Oxford-English if he wants me to understand anything :naughty:

Actually, I'm not such a new Martin-fan. I just didn't write in here :biggrin2: But I read almost everything :blush-anim-cl:

So, when the moment ever comes in which I meet Martin I just tell him to speak his best Oxford-English if he wants me to understand anything :naughty:

Oh really? Oh well, better late than never!

I think that sounds fair! I personally don't mind if I can understand anything he says, when I finally got ot meet him I was trying my hardest to not squeal or tell him he had a hot accent... :wub2:

After saying how Martin (and Cherise) whilst still very friendly, seem to have taken a step back and aren't looking to interact with the fans - leaving it to Jimmy and iMMa, Martin was 'home' last night in Manchester and had his car parked right by the queue at the stage door. And he was very chatty, even though he needed to get off as it was late.

After saying how Martin (and Cherise) whilst still very friendly, seem to have taken a step back and aren't looking to interact with the fans - leaving it to Jimmy and iMMa, Martin was 'home' last night in Manchester and had his car parked right by the queue at the stage door. And he was very chatty, even though he needed to get off as it was late.

Ooooh really?

What kind of car does he drive? :fisch:

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I have to say:

I' so happy that Martin is still in the band, from the beginning till now.

A gig without "Martin on guitar!" wouldn't be the same. He has a lot of charism and fun on stage.

It's a pity that Luke is gone, well I have arranged with Dave...