OK, what do all boyfriends/husbands/girlfriends(??) think of our obsession?!

Hope too but with misery face being misery face prob not :badmood:

Hey you never know I can play on the "well it is nearly my birthday" he falls for it every time and it is cheaper than getting Tiffany jewellery!

Really want to do the meet and greet with MIKA so fingers xd he will come and give the balcony an after show party invite as he wont wait at the stage door as he thinks I`m too old to be a groupy and I need a huggle!

xx

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this thread! All the coments seem so familiar! My hubby and i have never ever agreed on any type of music, I honestly think that Life in cartooon motion is literally the first album in 23 years that we have both liked. However, he was very tolerant until Monday when I came back from the glasgow gig like some sort of lunatic I was that obsessed...........even more than I had been before I went and I didn't think that was possibly! So I am trying to tread lightly at the moment (not easy for a big girl!) but he hAS just put my Mika Montage up on the bedroom wall so he must be still tolerating me!

jengafer - only started on here a couple of days ago and am already addicted! Feel like I'm hiding it from my husband like some awful secret!!!!!

Great to be on here tho' - only one friend a REAL Mika fan so apart from her no-one to talk to in RL about this!!!!

Hey, that'll be me then! See you in about an hour for some husband free Mika chat!

My husband Tony is exactly the same (and very tolerant of my Jake Shears/Scissor Sisters/Rufus Wainwright obsessions, too!). He will bring home cuttings and articles and stuff, will accompany me to gigs on weeknights so I don't have to drive home (as soon as it gets to midnight, I fall asleep! the trouble with being not-quite-a-youngling any longer :blink::wink2: )

... BUT ...

he doesn't "get" all the stalking. Why on earth would anyone want to get to the gig early (like mid-afternoon) to wait for the band or whoever to arrive, in the hopes of talking to them pre-sound-check; why queue up so damn early just to be RIGHT AT THE FRONT! and why wait around in the cold afterwards?

etc etc etc

But he does help me a lot (but gets really fed up with me spending so much time on message boards and the like, tee hee!). He would never stop me going anywhere (and indeed would be wise not to try :shocked: ) but does sometimes wonder aloud if I "remember how old I am exactly".

Remarks like that are best ignored ... I've gone to gigs etc all my life and I'm certainly not stopping now :wink2:

Where do you find the time. I'm a full time mum, with college 2 nights a week, exams at the moment and every spare minute i'm logged on here! My house is a tip and my kids/husband neglected! Have become 17 again!

Bit sad that we have to "out" ourselves so we can spend more time on here -- he he he!!

Yes it is.

Being here is not a case of "my husband doesn't understand me", but a case of "my friends don't understand me" :naughty:

I wish that some of my real life friends could feel the same way that I do.

I suppose that's why we all need to be here!

Mine keeps wondering why i keep sneaking upstairs every two mins (ie to my computer!) it's getting ridiculous, I must come clean SOON!

Well I'm off now, have to spend some quality time with the other man in my life besides Mika!:mf_lustslow:

Caught up with aome girl frinds today 0 they are coming to Shep bush and like Mika but said:

"where can you get the lyrics - cant really sing along to CD"

At whihc point my 8 yr old sung love today word perfect!

call thenselves fabs - if you listen enough times it seeps in. Dont think they will be in the MOsh Pit on the 14th!

It's amazing how quickly the Mikamites learn isn't it?

Mine are only 4 and 6, but they know at least as many words as I do.

I haven't told my daughter that I'm going to see Mika in May because she'll be really upset that she can't come too. :crybaby:

I'm going to Birmingham, but I haven't checked the age limit because I think that she's too young for that kind of night out (especially on a school night and 2 hours drive away!).

Yes, I'm a cruel, horrible mother. :sneaky2:

<he doesn't "get" all the stalking. Why on earth would anyone want to get to the gig early (like mid-afternoon) to wait for the band or whoever to arrive, in the hopes of talking to them pre-sound-check; why queue up so damn early just to be RIGHT AT THE FRONT! and why wait around in the cold afterwards?>

Angelic - I lol at this! This is exactly what we are planning to do at the Glasgow May gig! Do you think it will work??? Cos if I don't get to meet him after all that effort, I just don't know what I'm gonna do. I won't be responsible for my actions!!!!

omg! my other half thinks i'm competely nuts! you should of seen his face when he saw the "i absolutely love him" video!

He thinks im going to run off with him ( i'd like to have the chance!):blush-anim-cl: