May sound stupid...

Chance72399

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I answer this one can I can I can I ??

Well camp is gay without the errrr physical side... a straight man can be camp without actually wanting to do naughty things with another man :blush-anim-cl: , it just really means a man thats feminine or is really in touch with his femine side ! :thumb_yello:

lol, now that i try to think of how to explain it it's kinda hard!

i keep thinking of like "cheesy" but it's not really that. i think it means like maybe a little tounge and cheek, a little flayboyant. just kinda silly, over the top, theatrical?

maybe someone else can explain it better. lol!

I'm not English, so it's worth what it's worth... But i think "Camp" means something like "extremely gay style"... But not Gay... And the "extreme" has his importance... Should wait for English replies...

They arrived while i was writing, as often...

lol, now that i try to think of how to explain it it's kinda hard!

i keep thinking of like "cheesy" but it's not really that. i think it means like maybe a little tounge and cheek, a little flayboyant. just kinda silly, over the top, theatrical?

maybe someone else can explain it better. lol!

I tried .. watta think ?

i just looked it up on wikipedia, this is what they have to say:

“Camp†is derived from the French slang term camper, which means “to pose in an exaggerated fashion.†The OED gives 1909 as the first citation of "camp" in print, with the sense of "ostentatious, exaggerated, affected, theatrical; effeminate or homosexual; pertaining to or characteristic of homosexuals. So as n., ‘camp’ behaviour, mannerisms, etc. (see quot. 1909); a man exhibiting such behaviour." According to the OED, this sense of the word is "etymologically obscure."

hehe.. well, i'm a girl, and i express feminine behavior, but i don't think that makes me camp :P
:roftl: :roftl:

Thanks for the answers! I didn't know what "camp" means either :lol3:

(I guess i was to ashamed to ask :bleh: :bleh:)

They are so hung up on his sexuality...camp, gay, whatever...i dont care what he is, i just think he is awesome! I would ask him to marry me but i dont think my husband would like that :naughty:

Actually it really drives me crazy too , if a man comes across "camp" then that seems to be the whole focus ! , but hey good question , I still cant nail the correct answer :bleh:

I think thats what makes Mika's charm. He's not like all these male singers that we see on the charts...trying to be thug tough guy types. He is who he is and he doesnt try to change that for anyone. I respect him for that.

you know there are lots of camp singers like Prince and every one knows he loves ladys:wink2: and a woman who is a tomboy is classed as butch

Exactly....i grew up with 25 boy cousins and i'm a total tomboy...i love riding ATV's, hunting, fishing, playing playstation, going to sports games...i like girly things too and i'm married to a wonderful man. Not everything is what it seems.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and this lady loves Prince :wub2:

Love his music Can't play it at work cos i start to sing like him and i get told off by my boss:blush-anim-cl: Give me Mika over prince anyday:wub2: :blush-anim-cl:

Saying someone is camp doesn't mean at all saying he's gay ! It's just a style... I don't think that ALL journalists speculate about his sexuality when they introduce Mika as "camp"... At least, i don't think they speculate about it when they just write a gig review or a tiny short article about just "Mika, new star of 2007, Grace Kelly, bla bla bla"... I think they start speculations when they get more into details...

yoppappop, i agree. when one interviewer asked him if he was camp, mika considered it a compliment because he took it as "theatrical".

i wouldn't say it only means feminine...that would be sort of offending, but camp isn't.

I hate it when, just because one person calls him camp, everyone speculates about his sexuality.

Tbh, i wouldnt care whether the man was straight, camp, or as gay as the day is long....i love him for who he is and his incredible talent! :D

I so agree with you,

Mika delivers his songs in a style and manner that is unique to him and it works, the bright, crazy clothes, the ruffled hair, the tight trousers, the vocal cords, his over zeallous energy all blend together to create an instant Mika appeal,

Of course it's over the top, yes there is a campness about it, but that is how he got everyone 's attention and that's good, does it matter, I think it attracts rather than repulses! Oh and his braces....:punk: