Funny Mika Interview (from Australia)

Marty

:roftl::roftl:

That was one of the very first interviews I heard for Mika It's great you reminded us with it :biggrin2:

I love this part

Mika: My name is Mika

Interviewer: From New Zealand

Mika: New Zealand? :blink:

:floor:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glory be! I haven't heard this one in ages! It always makes me cringe when I hear it, and I would really hate to think that this would contribute to Mika not coming here. The thing is, this was early in 2007, and he came here in June 2007, so surely it didn't have any bearing on it...

http://austereo.castmetrix.net/podcast/378302368699129057/1/Hot30BestOfMondaythe5thMarch.mp3

There's nothing about it after he stops talking.. it's kind of funny but I'm thinking it might be fake, but it's still funny!

ZOMG! :roftl: that was damn hilarious!!! Never heard it.

My fav part:

Interviewer:So how would you describe your song "Grace Kelly",is it more country,western...?

Mika (stunned): Excuse me?:blink:

:lmfao:

Hahahahaaaa,I can't believe how Mika was out of the control here,especially at the start! Usually HE is the one who has the control over the interview and doesn't allow to the interviewer to tease him,but this time...:roftl:

Greeeeat,t4p!:thumb_yello:

I don't like it :thumbdown:

It's cringey to listen to, and it makes Mika come across as really stroppy, which he isn't!

Agreed. Really would've thought Mika would take it better, with a bit more playing-along humor, rather than just getting mad at the poor journalist.

--Jack

Agreed. Really would've thought Mika would take it better, with a bit more playing-along humor, rather than just getting mad at the poor journalist.

--Jack

That's exactly why I think it's funny. I like Mika's stroppy side. :naughty: He's like that sometimes, I thought it wouldn't surprise anyone anymore by now to hear him react that way ;)

hahaha i know! i truly felt bad for him though!!!!!!!!!! maybe thats the reason why he always skip australia:bleh::naughty:

It better not be! :sneaky2:

I actually feel bad for the interviewer (if he really didn't know what he was doing :naughty:)

Sshhhh' date=' don't say that too loud or you might start another aussie revolution :wink2:[/quote']

*cough*

*crickets chirp*

*clears throat*

MIKA, DON'T BE A TWAT!!!

:sneaky2:

COME TO AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, JAPAN, SINGAPORE, TAIWAN AND HONG KONG!!! :thumb_yello:

*cough*

*more crickets chirp*

*dingo howls*

*drop bears make strange noises*

OMG that is hilarious. :roftl:

I agree with Niki. It's the fact that he's coming across as stroppy that makes it so funny.

I'm not entirely convinced it's real though. I can easily imagine Mika being stroppy but it's not like him to get so obnoxious in public, even when he's obviously annoyed. He makes faces and pauses awkwardly, but I don't recall him verbally attacking anyone. The closest thing was when he called that Norwegian guy a Google whore but I think he was still exercising a lot of restraint in that case.

But this interview is quite old so perhaps it was a lesson learned for him.

OMG that is hilarious. :roftl:

I agree with Niki. It's the fact that he's coming across as stroppy that makes it so funny.

I'm not entirely convinced it's real though. I can easily imagine Mika being stroppy but it's not like him to get so obnoxious in public, even when he's obviously annoyed. He makes faces and pauses awkwardly, but I don't recall him verbally attacking anyone. The closest thing was when he called that Norwegian guy a Google whore but I think he was still exercising a lot of restraint in that case.

But this interview is quite old so perhaps it was a lesson learned for him.

what when did he call a norwegian a google whore:shocked::boxed: i remember it but i am not positive is it when he was asked if he banned the boyzone cover thing???

what when did he call a norwegian a google whore:shocked::boxed: i remember it but i am not positive is it when he was asked if he banned the boyzone cover thing???

Yes, that's the one. But in that case it was more of a defensive maneouver because he was taken off guard and didn't want to discuss it. I've never seen him go on the offensive like he does with this Aussie unless he's at least pretending to be joking around like he does with Chris Moyles.

When/where was this? :lol3:

Ages ago! It was probably one of the first french interviews I saw. I'd need to look for it, not sure if it's still online though. :boxed: Mind you, Mika wasn't mean or whatever, but he had an hilarious childish gut-reaction :naughty:

Ages ago! It was probably one of the first french interviews I saw. I'd need to look for it, not sure if it's still online though. :boxed: Mind you, Mika wasn't mean or whatever, but he had an hilarious childish gut-reaction :naughty:

Oh, well if you ever find it please let me know :lol3:

This is funny- and mean, as people have been saying. Also a waste of money if the interviewer really flew accross the world to not have a proper interview with Mika.

I think Mika would cope a lot better with it now- spot what had happened and turn it to advantage- but I didn't think he was really obnoxious, considering he was faced with an interviewer who patently hadn't a clue who he was. I'd go for "understandably miffed." And I certainly don't think it'll have put him off Australia for life. (Though I have no real evidence to base this on.)

Shouldn't the interviewer have at least done basic research himself? I mean, is it likely that this is the first "joke" the two radio hosts had pulled?

I feel bad about finding this so funny, but I'm going to have another listen.

Do people honestly think that this was real? :blink:

I very much doubt it was.

It's like a comedian (he's one of the Chasers) being on a live breakfast show in Oz and being able to drop the f-bomb (not to mention his girlfriend)...

It's not real...

Oh, and I meant to add... AUssie radio hosts to this sort of stuff a lot... one of the many reasons I don't lissten to the radio anymore...

Do people honestly think that this was real? :blink:

I very much doubt it was.

It's like a comedian (he's one of the Chasers) being on a live breakfast show in Oz and being able to drop the f-bomb (not to mention his girlfriend)...

It's not real...

Oh, and I meant to add... AUssie radio hosts to this sort of stuff a lot... one of the many reasons I don't lissten to the radio anymore...

I LMFAO at your signature and the jesus Doll :roftl: ...

off topic sorry :fisch::roftl:

Funny:wub2:

I love how Mika, at the end says "excuse me?" to his publicist or something to get the interview guy to leave!!!

haha

The best:

"Unless you're not sophisticated enough to tell the difference in between the Who and Dolly Parton, then, I guess you're sitting with the wrong person" :)