ok so where does he get the clothes???

katyvin8

well I just have to say I keep seeing the pics ppl are posting from newcastle n i absolutely adore that turqouise top he is weraing n i have seen him wearing a gorgeous red hoody jacket i neeeeeeeeeeed one

if anybody knows were i can get ny of these from i will love you forever:thumb_yello:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:punk: there must be a Mika boutique somewhere, if not I volunteer to open one!!!! :punk:

no but seriously, he mentioned in some interview where he buys his clothes, I have forgotten, but when I've got some time I shall investigate, though when I have some time I have to do something about 'myspace' first, it's still only in its teething stages...no time...too busy here...

What are you guys like?

I've already searched this one out ages ago and posted it.

His favourite designer is Walter Van Bierenbonck.

His clothes are very bright and wacky- pure MIKA!!

Go to WVB's website and have a look.

Don`t think he could afford to get everything from there though but then again now he's famous will get them all for free!

Paul Smith must give him some too as he is getting heaps of free publicity with using MIKA for a model. That's a point why hasn't he done modellling before? better than being a waiter don`t you think? xx

What are you guys like?

I've already searched this one out ages ago and posted it.

His favourite designer is Walter Van Bierenbonck.

His clothes are very bright and wacky- pure MIKA!!

Go to WVB's website and have a look.

Don`t think he could afford to get everything from there though but then again now he's famous will get them all for free!

Paul Smith must give him some too as he is getting heaps of free publicity with using MIKA for a model. That's a point why hasn't he done modellling before? better than being a waiter don`t you think? xx

google doesn't find anything with that name :/

google doesn't find anything with that name :/

Google suggested "Walter Van Beirendonck", and I'm sure this dude has NOTHING to do with clothes. He scared the living daylights out of me :shocked:

Erm...maybe it's him actually....but I mean, Mika doesn't dress up like this.

The only thing that's going for this Walter dude, is that he's written his name in Arabic on the clothes :D hehe

Google suggested "Walter Van Beirendonck", and I'm sure this dude has NOTHING to do with clothes. He scared the living daylights out of me :shocked:

Certainly he does: http://www.waltervanbeirendonck.com/ :D

Here is his biography: http://www.waltervanbeirendonck.com/HTML/home.html?/HTML/CV/cv.html&1

And I'm pretty sure I read his name in an interview, where Mika told about his favourite shop and so. But I can't find it right at the moment.

Yeah...I linked to a clothes collection...

But I mean...what's in the collection (on his site) doesn't seem like something Mika would wear...I dunno, I'm all confused now.

Yeah...I linked to a clothes collection...

But I mean...what's in the collection (on his site) doesn't seem like something Mika would wear...I dunno, I'm all confused now.

hehe I'm confused too! But.. I quess it's.. something else.. erm.. okay whatever :D

hehe I'm confused too! But.. I quess it's.. something else.. erm.. okay whatever :D

Hmm...don't think it's somebody else...there's only one Walter Van Beirendonck that google recognizes...and I mean, he's in the fashion industry. Tantastic, the best thing to do right now is to snap out of the denial we're in! LOL!

Hmm...don't think it's somebody else...there's only one Walter Van Beirendonck that google recognizes...and I mean, he's in the fashion industry. Tantastic, the best thing to do right now is to snap out of the denial we're in! LOL!

I meant mauybe the collection is something else.. yes.. we must face it, it's probably him!:naughty:

And there's the interview: http://www.musicglob.com/exclusives/mika-interview/

A little off topic… favorite food? place to shop?

Favorite food: Growing up the way that I have I kind of assume that I can hop from country to country with every meal. But I’m a sucker for good French Fries with mayo.

Favorite place to shop: There is a shop I am dying to go to in San Francisco called MAC Modern Apparel as they stock one of my favorite designers, Walter Van Bierendonck.

It is spelled 'Beirendonck', but that's just a tiny detail. ;)

Did anyone look at the 2006 mens collection, there was some stuff on there that looked like something Mika would wear.

I like the patchwork hoodie he wore to HMV last month and the white hoodie he wore to the Culture Show, the blue T shirt in the Grace Kelly video and his ever present white dress shirt he always seems to be wearing. Oh yeah and the braces too.:roftl:

Sorry guys I just can't spell!!

But yeah he is the guy and his clothes aren`t as weird as he looks!! I thought MIKA got his clothes from somewhere like GAP as really they are nothing out of the ordinary just bright.

In the interview above he also says he wants to go to MAC-Modern Appealing Clothing although MIKA calls it Modern Apparel?? in San Fran. I thought this shop was for hip hop fans obviously I am wrong or there is another side to MIKA we haven't seen yet. xx

Walter Van Beirendonck (Brecht, 4 February 1957) is a Flemish fashion designer. He graduated in 1980 from the Royal Arts Academy[1] in Antwerp. Together with Dirk Van Saene, Dries van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, Marina Yee (graduated in 1981) and Dirk Bikkembergs (graduated in 1982) he became known as the Antwerp Six.

Since 1983, he issues his own collections. They're inspired by the visual arts and literature, but also by nature and ethnic influences. His unusual color combinations and a strong graphic influence are characteristic for his collections. In 1997, he designed the costumes for the U2 "Popmart Tour". In 1999, he was awarded the honorary title of "Cultural Ambassador of Flanders". In 2001, he was the curator for the exhibition Mode 2001 Landed-Geland in Antwerp.