Mika on radio 2 next week. Does anybody know...

girlintheblue

They def would think I'm a nutter!

It's ridiculous, I haven't felt like this since my grandad ripped off the back page of a magazine , rolled it up and put it in the fire to light his tab. I was shouting no, grandad please no, he thought I was joking. But he did it anyway.

It had the Bay City Rollers on the back. :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

The shame!

how distressing! obviously you're emotionally scarred to this day!

Today, I heard Edith Piaf and thought well, that must be his choice. My boss was singing along and I said, that's Mika's Tracks of My Years. And then Mika started talking and my boss said, 'is that him?' and I said 'yes' and then he started talking to me about work related things!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I failed to catch any of the earlier ones due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I finally got to listen to it today (Friday) and I have to say that I absolutely hated both of the tracks that he chose!

I deliberately didn't read the list because I wanted to be surprised and I was surprised, but not in a good way!

Edith Piaf - dreadful, but it was lovely hearing Mika say her name so beautifully with his sexy French pronounciation. :mf_lustslow:

Elton John - I don't like about 98% of Elton John songs and this was right up there with the worst.

I am amazed that Mika was so influenced by these songs and then went on to write the best album ever!

I heard it all week, the only thing I disagreed with Mika on was the Annie Lennox track, Missionary Man. I saw the list earlier in the week and thought it was a odd choice, but maybe it was a song that got him through a hard time. But no, he said he thought it showed off her vocal range, more than other songs. I have to disagree as "There Must Be An Angel" or "Little Bird" or even "Love Song For A Vampire" from the Bram Stokers Dracula soundtrack(also the B side to Little Bird) show it much better.

The rest of his choices were great, although I'd have preferred the French version of Edith Piaf's song, sounds more beautiful in French.

Just done listen again on the Radio 2 website

For anyone wanting to catch it this weekend the approx times are as follows;

Monday 2 hrs 11 mins

Tuesday 2 hrs 12 mins 30 secs

Wednesday 2 hrs 12 mins 30 secs

Thursday 2 hrs 10 mins

Friday 2 hrs 11 mins

I enjoyed listening to all Mika's choices (except Beck), and I agree they should definitely have played the french version of No Regrets.