The Finnish thread

Sity

Yes, that means exactly "I love"!

But you might want to say "Mä rakastan" and then for example if you love a person called "Mika" It's: "Mä rakastan Mikaa".

But that's very powerful word!

It actually sounds a bit odd to me...

If there's for example a very obsessive fan saying, she loves the artist she loves, she would still might end up sayin only "diggaan Mikaa" or "tykkään Mikasta" or "rakastan Mikan musaa"...

( and i know i should have written she/he...)

Haha! Ok and Im mad! :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: that's the problems with dictionaries.. they usually don't show where what word to use. If you get my point, because if I sai "mä rakastan" then I don't find it weird you know, because I don't know the language... Okay, now you have driven me mad, too!!:naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: that's the problems with dictionaries.. they usually don't show where what word to use. If you get my point, because if I sai "mä rakastan" then I don't find it weird you know, because I don't know the language... Okay, now you have driven me mad, too!!:naughty:

Yes, that's very true!

It depends also the culture!

There's no book for that i think.

"Dont seem weird saying something" -handbook :roftl:

I drive everybody mad, you know! :naughty:

thanks! I think it's 1st.. hmm. but you made me think, so not sure anymore:roftl:

Ah, Im kinda jealous to people whose native language English is... If you know what I mean! :blink:

yes I get your point..:naughty: But think it that way: you know your native language better than they do! haha:naughty:

Hmm.. But It's kinda small area with people who actually speaks (or understands) Finnish! I mean worldwide! :roftl:

Btw, this has been a great place to practise my crappy English!! :naughty:

Hmm.. But It's kinda small area with people who actually speaks (or understands) Finnish! I mean worldwide! :roftl:

Btw, this has been a great place to practise my crappy English!! :naughty:

if you ever think like that, then remind yourself how small Estonia is.. And I still love it :):mf_lustslow:

Yes it is a great place! I also like French Thread.. I can practise my french there and the people are so nice!

It would be great if my mum would be Estonian, dad English...then aunt maybe France...:naughty: I'd know so many languages:naughty:

Yes, It would have been great if my dad would have been British, mom like French and then if we would've been moving around like from Lebanon to French and UK...

I could use some of that language skill... :lmao:

if you ever think like that, then remind yourself how small Estonia is.. And I still love it :):mf_lustslow:

Yes it is a great place! I also like French Thread.. I can practise my french there and the people are so nice!

I remember many Finnish language lessons from school, when we compared the Finnish and Estonian language! It was always so funny...

Estonian language can sound sometimes a bit pervert to Finns! :roftl:

I remember many Finnish language lessons from school, when we compared the Finnish and Estonian language! It was always so funny...

Estonian language can sound sometimes a bit pervert to Finns! :roftl:

YES I have heard lots of stories where people have to change their names when moving to Finland, because it means some bad word in Finnish.. Hmm lemme think what those words were.. was it "põder" or stmh like that?

YES I have heard lots of stories where people have to change their names when moving to Finland, because it means some bad word in Finnish.. Hmm lemme think what those words were.. was it "põder" or stmh like that?

Nothing really... :blink:

clean the rooms is "tube koristama":blink: we're being very random right now I think:insane:

Yes we are... very random. :roftl: Im not that good with these threads... Im kinda random myself too i guess... :blink:

No Ehkä mun pitää puhua Suomea täällä... Onhan tää suomalainen palsta ja *köh* mun perustama... :blink: