MIKA eyes eurovision entry

Lollipop

i think its a bd idea for MIKA to b in eurovision..

its kinda sucky tho i watch it... LOL

we sent a stupied song this year! :thumbdown:

and yes its weird that Israel is in cause we r not concidered as EUROPE....ust sometimes when it comes to that and soccer or something like that...lol

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and yes its weird that Israel is in cause we r not concidered as EUROPE....ust sometimes when it comes to that and soccer or something like that...lol

yes Turkey is in, too! But it's not europe yet!

and tell me about it.. we sent AWFUL song this year..:/

Eurovision song contest used have songs, that sounded like to music in different European countries. Well that was at 80s. Now every song is similar, there must be giltter, dance, changing outfits and lyrics in English. Otherwise you will not get any points. Zero for Finland was our destiny until Lordi last year changed it - and now Lordi has won every prize in Finland, sold amazing amounts of records and merchandise. I'm personally changing channel on radio or tv if there is any word of Lordi, but there is also some good: Now mainstream pop stars have interested of this competition, you know the Ark is entering from Sweden? And that makes the whole thing a bit more interesting to watch. I don't think it will ruin anyone's career. Maybe Eurovision will be a pop music competition instead of being competition of "eurovision song contest" songs :)

Yes definately a bad idea , Eurovision is 2nd rate singers with crap songs , not the mighty Mika!!! , would be silly :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

Yes definately a bad idea , Eurovision is 2nd rate singers with crap songs , not the mighty Mika!!! , would be silly :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

If Mika takes part, Eurovision will be mighty too!!!

At least for me! :punk:

I think I am the only really sad person on this site as I LOVE EUROVISION!!

We all sit with a pad and pen and rate them!! Get heaps of junk food and alcohol and can never remember who was at the beginning when we were sober!!

I always did it at home so I call it a tradition!! Terry Wogan is the best with his onel iners!!

MIKA won't do Eurovision its prob just some tidbit a journo heard somewhere but then again if his career goes like Mr Hawkins then why not I say!! I will be there watching him even if nobody else is LOL!! xx

I personally think this boy can make anything he wants.

He's truly talented and has found out the way to be his very own self.

He can't fail whatever he decides to do doing it by heart!

If Mika wants to take part in eurovision, Im 100% for it! :biggrin2:

Yey! I'd vote for him. Unlike my RnB loving pals I love Eurovision and the music isn't that bad to tell the truth. I look forward to watching every year. Last year, I liked that Dima Bilan one from Russia. He was good :)

Yey! I'd vote for him. Unlike my RnB loving pals I love Eurovision and the music isn't that bad to tell the truth. I look forward to watching every year. Last year, I liked that Dima Bilan one from Russia. He was good :)

My favourite too!!! :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

It sounds very nice of Mika to do something for Lebanon as his home country on Eurovision Song Contest. But, as most of you said, I would think twice if I were Mika would I want to perform on ESC since the quality of songs has decreased over the years, it's becoming more and more trashy and politically overruled.

However, it would be good for him to write the song for some artist in Lebanon.

I love Eurovision Song Contest, and everything about it - but frankly, Mika is more.

Guest Ssnakey

Nonono! Mika can do more and better than this! But if it's his choice...maybe he will only compose the song for another singer...this will be better than Mika on ESC stage.

p.s: wait and see the Romanians...they suck big time! More than the one who represented us last year which sucked more than the others who represented us in 2005 and so on:roftl: .

So if I've understood correct, Lebanon is a member of EBU, but now just can't perform? I was thinking about Mika on Eurovision. That would be fine for us to see him there, but, after seeing Ukraine yesterday I doubt, if this is right place for Mika... :/

• 7 months later...
Next, De Rode Loper asks about Lebanon, where Mika was born. “What’s your opinion of this country that has suffered so much? Would you do something to help? Have you considered singing in Eurovision, for example?”

“Oh no,” Mika says. “Before, Eurovision was quite interesting. But in the past few years it’s been completely horrible.” He struggles on, elaborating as best he can (“I want nothing to do with politics… the only attention Lebanon gets is for its problems… many amazing things come out of there…”), then retreats to the lifts.

“That was terrible,” he says. “They should have a rule: when you’re tired, don’t even bother trying to answer political questions.”

:thumb_yello:

It sounds very nice of Mika to do something for Lebanon as his home country on Eurovision Song Contest. But, as most of you said, I would think twice if I were Mika would I want to perform on ESC since the quality of songs has decreased over the years, it's becoming more and more trashy and politically overruled.

However, it would be good for him to write the song for some artist in Lebanon.

I love Eurovision Song Contest, and everything about it - but frankly, Mika is more.

well said:thumb_yello:

Hey all!!

When I first read this news it was about mika singing in the Eurovision.. Here i read that he wants to write a song for Lebanese finalist.. This is really weird and creepy...

I'm Lebanese and I assure you Lebanon has never been to Eurovision and it never will.. it's not even in Europe (you can go to Eurovision. TV and see that yourself)

Even if the news was true do you think he will really sing in Eurovision? The guy will sing in “The Parc des Prince” in front of 50 000 persons in few months… it’s really crazy to sing for any country in this contest… Mika is a “crazy “ (that’s why we love him), but can’t be that crazy

:roftl::bleh: