MIKA eyes eurovision entry

Lollipop

I found this article from last March it has probably been posted up before but I jus wanted to know if it is true because in an interview I watched, I am sure Mika said he was not interested in having anything to do with the Eurovision song contest and yet this article states the opposite.

MIKA - MIKA EYES EUROVISION ENTRY

Pop sensation MIKA is planning to represent his home country of Lebanon in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest - because the current entries are "crap". The star, whose debut album LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION has garnered comparisons to the late FREDDIE MERCURY, hopes that with his help, his native country will reach the final stages of the competition. He says, "I'll write a song for the Lebanese finals next year (08). The music in Eurovision is crap now. It used to be great." But Mika may have to wait another year before his Eurovision dreams materialise, as Lebanon are banned from the contest until 2009. The country was dealt the three-year punishment after withdrawing from the competition in 2005, having refused to broadcast the Israeli entry on national television.

Link to original article

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have You considered singing in eurovision for example?

'oh no' Mika says....

But then again.. nothing says he might not write the song..

Come on, he has never said he would not write to S Club 7, either but do you think he ever will?????:cool:

:blink: S club split ages ago. :naughty:

And Eurovision is over, too...it is Balkan vision now... :cool:

Considering the current immigrant situation in Western Europe and the voting rules, no Western European act stands a chance unless it is ABBA reuniting.:naughty:

Pop sensation MIKA is planning to represent his home country of Lebanon in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest - because the current entries are "crap".

The star, whose debut album LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION has garnered comparisons to the late FREDDIE MERCURY, hopes that with his help, his native country will reach the final stages of the competition.

He says, "I'll write a song for the Lebanese finals next year (08). The music in Eurovision is crap now. It used to be great." But Mika may have to wait another year before his Eurovision dreams materialise, as Lebanon are banned from the contest until 2009. The country was dealt the three-year punishment after withdrawing from the competition in 2005, having refused to broadcast the Israeli entry on national television.

I hate it when politics stand in the way of music!

**** the ban, I want to see Mika on the 2008 Eurovision singing some great song for his birth land! Why oh why did the guys in Lebanon refused to broadcast Shiri Maimon, the harmless blond girl singing a song about a heartbreak??

Here are the completelly apolitical lyrics of her song "The scilence that remains", translation from Hebrew:

I was as a blind person to the light of the day

From too much logic there was no space left

Passing beside you and the drug inside me is not over yet

Breathing a bit from you and the taste is bitter

The look is different, and the cold invades

You are hiding, you're breaking my body

How another day is over without breating

Night is falling, slowly time stops

Night, and you are the silence that remains

For one moment I am falling with you

At the end of the game

(It's only the silence that remains)

In the evening, slipping away again from the street

In the darkness, trying to think just a little bit more about u

Another long minute passes, it feels like forever

And it's empty without you

How another day is over without breating

Night is falling, slowly time stops

At the end of the game

At the end of the game

(It's only the silence that remains)

Yea, it's all to do with politics now. :thumbdown: Shame really.

Wasn't that one of the reasons that Mika gave for not wanting to do it.

Lets face it, it's been political for a lot longer than when the Balkan states joined up, it's been like it for ages. Sorry got my cynical head on again.

And Eurovision is over, too...it is Balkan vision now... :cool:

Considering the current immigrant situation in Western Europe and the voting rules, no Western European act stands a chance unless it is ABBA reuniting.:naughty:

Eurovision is one big fat joke these days. If I were Mika, I'd stay well away from it.

Love today, from Marilyn

I think he shouldn't go to Eurovision.

No one ever sees that since Celine Dion won it in the beginning of her career.

I think he should write a song to represent the country, to contribute.

him in eurovision? for what? i think that would be cool if he writtes the song for the lebanon contestant just to support his country. but him to perform there? i just don't see the reason. he is already famous.

:thumb_yello:

him in eurovision? for what? i think that would be cool if he writtes the song for the lebanon contestant just to support his country. but him to perform there? i just don't see the reason. he is already famous.

YEH I THINK THERE IS NO POINT IN HIM GOING IN TO THE EUROVISION CONTEST BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY FAMOUS. BUT IT WOULD BE PRITTY SWEET:angel_not: IF HE WROTE A SONG TO REPRESENT HIS HOME COUNTRY, A MEAN THATS SHOWS HOW MUCH HE CARES FOR THEM RIGHT ?:thumb_yello:

• 5 years later...

http://ilkar.blogspot.fi/2013/02/mika-for-united-kingdom.html

MIKA FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM?

Today's rumor is an old one: MIKA for the United Kingdom? This was already around last year, and maybe the year before. Furthermore he has flirted with Eurovision in the past stating that he would represent Lebanon with pleasure, but as it seems Lebanon won't be joing Eurovision family anytime soon he might go for his adopted United Kingdom instead. Time will tell but that would be a serious effort from BBC finally!

Today's rumor is an old one: MIKA for the United Kingdom? This was already around last year, and maybe the year before. Furthermore he has flirted with Eurovision in the past stating that he would represent Lebanon with pleasure, but as it seems Lebanon won't be joing Eurovision family anytime soon he might go for his adopted United Kingdom instead. Time will tell but that would be a serious effort from BBC finally!

Clearly these people didn't hear his interview with Graham Norton over Christmas.

I don't think there's any chance of him doing it.

Here we go again. :mf_rosetinted: