MIKA eyes eurovision entry

Lollipop

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Bonnie Tyler. She's certainly different from the people we usually have representing us. Maybe she'll get more than 0 points. I hope the song is good and suits her voice.

It would have been a good platform for Mika, but hopefully, there'll be something else he can do to get back on top in the UK.

I love that he's writing for other people and also for himself. I think the long gap didn't help him in the UK.

I wish him luck with his North American tour. Glad to hear he needs slightly bigger venues this time.

Any chance Believe in Me was written by Mika? Sounds a bit lame just by the title sadly. :teehee:

I haven't thought about Bonnie Tyler in a hundred years. I didn't even know she was British.

No - the writer was mentioned today - I can't remember who it is to be honest but it wasn't Mika (Even at my advanced age I would have remembered that :wink2:)

Any chance Believe in Me was written by Mika? Sounds a bit lame just by the title sadly. :teehee:

I haven't thought about Bonnie Tyler in a hundred years. I didn't even know she was British.

According to the BBC

The UK entry for the 58th Eurovision Song Contest was written by American songwriter Desmond Child with British songwriters Lauren Christy and Christopher Braide.

Desmond Child has written quite a few hits though - like Livin La Vida Loca

I'm actually a tiny bit disappointed Mika isn't going to participate. :blush-anim-cl:

Any tv show is good to be seen in I believe :wink2:

And I'm always happy to see Mika on TV , so I was hoping he would be in, especially as it would have been shown in so many countries .

Scott Mills ‏@scott_mills

It's true! Bonnie Tyler is the UK Eurovision entry. And I will be doing the semi finals on @bbcthree with Ana Matronic from Scissor Sisters

:whew: thank goodness its not Mika :whew:

I thought something similar...

I thought "Bet the people on MFC are pleased with that"...

It's a bit of a whiny title for a song... that probably would've fit well for Mika... :teehee:

Desmond Child has written quite a few hits though - like Livin La Vida Loca

And let us not forget the amazing Erase. :mf_rosetinted:

Here we go... a list of songs he wrote for Ricky Martin:

"Livin' la Vida Loca"

"Spanish Eyes" ("La Diosa del Carnaval")

"I Am Made of You"

"I'm On My Way"

"The Cup of Life" ("La Copa De La Vida")

"Love You for a Day"

"She Bangs"

"Saint Tropez"

"Nobody Wants to Be Lonely"

"Jezabel"

"The Touch"

"Are You In It For Love"

"Shake Your Bon-Bon"

And seeing as we're mentioning songs Desmond Child has written, I believe he cowrote Weird by Hanson...

He's also listed as cowriter on a stack of Bon Jovi songs :shocked:... Oh, he has written a few songs for Bonnie Tyler as well, makes sense.

Edited by nico_collard