Buying stuff from ebay

paula.pop

I Just Wanted To Add:few Days Ago There Was An Auction Of Mika's Autograph On Ebay.i Have To Admit,i Did Bid On It But Then I Have Realized That If I Have Actually Have Bought That,someone Would Have Make Money Out Of Mika's Kindness-if You Are A Genuine Fan You Would Never Sale Something Like That! In The End I Was Luckily Outbid But Some Guy Has Paid £62 For A Signed Album.

Please Do Not Buy That Sort Of Stuff.i May Never Meet Mika But At Least I Will Keep My Dignity And Stay A True Fan Of His Music.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too. And I completely agree, these people who make money out of getting things signed by celebrities are greedy. I often think that just because they got an autograph, the celebrity in question might not have had time to sign something for a real fan who would be ecstatic to have something like that.

*Nods*

i totally agree with you! if i had an autograph that i don't want anymore, i would just give it to someone who wants it, but without making him/her pay! plus, i think that having an autograph should be a nice souvenir of that particular day when you actually met him..

I really don't understand why someone would buy such things, isn't the cool thing about an autograph the moment where you get it? :blink: Otherwise it's just letters on a piece of paper, what's so special about that :blink:

i quite agree, what is the point ....

I have a genuine signed Beatles 'Let it be ' album that was given to my family at the time the beatles split up, it was later given to me because i value music and appreciate it for what it is, I had it framed, it is on our living room wall and that is where it stays..I have been offered a great deal of money for this, ( esp from american punters) but why, it means a lot to us (as a family) what would it mean to someone else???? .Nothing, just greed!!!!!!!!!!

it is also disgusting to see how tickets are bought at genuine prizes and then sold at 1000 per cent profit on e-bay, those punters disgust me, it makes it nearly impossible for real fans to lay their hands on tickets

i would never touch or buy something that was not meant for me..:roftl: .I hate greed and punters:boxed:

Now I feel slightly guilty for eying a poster on ebay...thing is, it's awful for fans like me who live a gazillion miles away from Mika, because the harsh truth is, there's a super duper slim chance that i'll ever get anywhere near him so that he could sign a copy of an album for me. Ebay sometimes is our only hope. *feels sad and guilty* - *sigh*

I have a feeling I didn't make much sense :boxed:

Now I feel slightly guilty for eying a poster on ebay...thing is, it's awful for fans like me who live a gazillion miles away from Mika, because the harsh truth is, there's a super duper slim chance that i'll ever get anywhere near him so that he could sign a copy of an album for me. Ebay sometimes is our only hope. *feels sad and guilty* - *sigh*

I have a feeling I didn't make much sense :boxed:

sou, don'y worry, if you would like something signed by Mika, I will try and see if I can nag him at his next gig (Barfy), I will get something for you, a personalized 'hello',he rocks!

sou, don'y worry, if you would like something signed by Mika, I will try and see if I can nag him at his next gig (Barfy), I will get something for you, a personalized 'hello',he rocks!

Oh-My-God...you didn't just suggest that, did you? Because if you're serious, I could very well obsess over this till...like, forever! haha...

But seriously, that would be the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me! EVER!!!!!!!! *faints*

I love ebay!!

I got the Billy Brown cd from there and two rosettes.

I can't get to go shopping when I want to so Ebay is good for that.

As for the signature thing I wouldn't buy either but if I was at a loose end and had a few quid to spare I might!! but you never know if they are real anyway!

Def wouldn't sell mine if I had one it would be in a frame in the front room!!

Ebay and Amazon are the only places to buy vinyl singles nowadays. Do you have any hints about other online stores which will ship around Europe? I'm waiting my GC 7" from Amazon Marketplace but I'm still looking for Relax 12" and others...