Your Concert List

mandilambi

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't remember the dates, some are from a few years ago, don't remember all the support acts and don't remember the order so it's very random so here we go:

Backstreet Boys (once w/ The Clik Five) (2x)

Aerosmith

U2 (w/ Garbage, and w/ The Arcade Fire) (2x)

Live (w/ Counting Crows)

The Offspring (w/ MXPX and Cypress Hill)

Billy Talent (w/ Anti-Flag, Moneen and Rise Against)

Alicia Keys

TLC

Weezer

MIKA

Went to the Vans Warped Tour so I saw many bands there...

Local bands:

Les Cowboys Fringants (so many times)

Loco Locass

Went to a bunch of Saint-Jean-Baptiste (which is our 4th of July) show where you can see tons of local bands

Went to the Jazz Festival in Montréal a couple of times where you can see once again tons of bands

In august I'm going to see Justin Timberlake

And going to Osheaga Festival in september where Mika is supposed to perform but it's not confirmed yet... I might go anyways cause there will be tons of cool bands there...

i have been to 2 concerts SO FAR:

1. COLDPLAY~ :punk::mf_lustslow: it was AMAZING!!!! i absolutely love them!!! THEY ARE SO TALENTED!!! <333333

2. SWITCHFOOT~amazing too!!

3. im GOING TO SEE MIKA ON JUNE 8TH IN LA!!!!!!! WILL BE THE BEST 1 WILL EVER SEE I BET YOU!!!!! AHHH!! <33333:punk: :mf_lustslow::roftl::biggrin2::shocked:

polish:

Kombajn do zbierania kur po wioska x4

Myslovitz x3

The Car Is On Fire x2

Ścianka

Lili Marlene

Coma x3

Bohema x2

Pustki

eM x2

Fisz i Emade

Lenny Valentino

international:

Sigur Rós

Placebo

Pharell Williams (blah)

Ladytron

Manu Chao

Franz Ferdinand

Skin

Bang Gang

Sofa Surfers

IAmX (x2)

Nine Inch Nails

Clawfinger

The rasmus (after 4 songs i had enough haha)

june: Placebo

this summer: Sonic Youth, Bjork, Bloc Party, Muse.

I haven't seen that many bands live yet but the ones i have are

Maroon 5 (definatly my favourite so far)

Thirsty Merc

Killing Heidi

Kid Courageous

Kisschasy

( I think thats it so far... apart from a few local area bands who havent released yet)

I haven't seen that many bands live yet but the ones i have are

Maroon 5 (definatly my favourite so far)

Thirsty Merc

Killing Heidi

Kid Courageous

Kisschasy

( I think thats it so far... apart from a few local area bands who havent released yet)

Hey, I know that band. :biggrin2:

I think I heard about it when I was in Australia or New Zealand a couple of years ago. They are Ozzies, aren't they?

Since a few years back:

Santana (Macy Gray)

Coldplay, X & Y tour twice (Monteal :punk: & Ottawa :thumbdown: )

James Blunt

Stabilo (Tomi Swick)

Mika

and last saturday: Dumas (Jason Bajada), Dumas' french canadian artist. If you can see him live (Canada or France mostly) go ahead he's fantastic:punk:

Hopefully Mika again with the Osheaga Fest in September (finger crossed)

Bands I've seen:

Placebo (lots of times)

30 Seconds to Mars

Blondie

Bon Jovi

PJ Harvey

Kaiser Chiefs

Guns 'n Roses

Alice in Chains

Thomas Dybdahl

Vive la Fête

Das Pop

Slut

Skin

Kane

Ceasars

Gabriel Rios

Boo!

Nelly Furtado

Howling Bells

Tears for Fears

UB40

Golden Earring

Paul Carrack

I'm pretty sure I forgot loads. My favourite concert has to be Placebo in 2003 in Germany. I'd been a fan of the band for a long time and never had the chance to see them live. When they finally toured Europe they didn't come to Holland so I travelled to Germany with a friend. It was just such a great trip and a great concert.

What I have lined up is a festival 2 weeks from now called Pinkpop. There I'll see 30 Seconds to Mars, The Kooks, The Smashing Pumpkins (!!!!), The Magic Numbers. Then in September THE POLICE. I'm so excited about this it's borderline scary. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be able to see them live.

Oooh i love concerts, so I have a VERY long list of people i have seen.... :biggrin2:

Here goes... (notice how it gets more embarassing towards the bottom of the list lol)

McFly (4 times - Sept 04, Sept 05, Sept 06 and March 07) :biggrin2:

Robbie Williams (Sept 06)

Orson/Basement Jaxx (supporting Robbie, Sept 06)

The Feeling (Feb 07)

The Fray (supporting The Feeling, Feb 07)

The Click Five/Nylon (supporting McFly, Sept 06)

Busted (Nov 04)

Blue (Nov 02)

Girls Aloud/Blazin Squad/Freefaller/Lemar/Jo Omeara (Party In The Park - July 05)

V (supporting McFly Sept 04 and Busted Nov 04)

Liberty X/Avril Lavigne (Party In The Park - Sept 02)

Westlife (May 02)

And Lil Chris supporting McFly this year... I did NOT enjoy that one.

And lined up for this year....

Take That (!!!) (Nov 07)

and McFly (again.. Dec 07)

The depressing thing is i havent had a chance to see Mika yet..... :tears: Leeds is all sold out.... unless i win the dress up competition haha!!!! (Unlikely but i can dream...)

x x x x x x x

OK i know its rather sad to quote myself...

But i needed to add one to the list!

MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

FINALLY saw him on Sunday thanks to the dress up competition!!! :biggrin2:

Ricky Martin

Enrique Inglasias (yes i went through a really big latin phase)

Third Eye Blind

Ted Nugent

Aerosmith

Jason Mraz

Bon Jovi

Bloc Party

Shania Twain when i was really little

Warped Tour which includes

My Chemical Romance

Hellogoodbye

Motion City Soundtrack

Shiny Toy Guns

and like a bazillion more..

and a think that's it..

most importantly, i will be adding Mika to that list in 26 DAYS!

well, i've been to quite a lot of concerts in my life. i used to follow some boygroups about 10 years ago, first take that, then caught in the act, then worlds apart, so i've been to many concerts of them, especially CITA, must have been 50 times at least (most of it for free) and TT (at least 15 concerts). and these bands also played at many festivals/shows where also other bands were, so i also saw backstreet boys and nsync quite a lot when they just started to get famous. and there were so many others at all these shows (things like the bravo supershow), i only remember few, like east17, ace of base, dj bobo, 2 unlimited and all these other dance acts that were famous 10 years ago...

i also love going to the nokia night of the proms every year, have been doing that for the last 5-6 years or so, but also can't remember really who was there except for john miles (every year), foreigner and the weather girls... it was a lot of bands from the 80s who aren't really famous anymore but you still know their songs. the nokia night is just brilliant music, this mix of classical music and pop, i love it!

so except for the above, other concerts i've been to were

david hasselhoff (my very first concert when i was 13, lol :roftl:)

new kids on the block

michael jackson (twice, 1992 and 1997)

janet jackson

chesney hawkes

boyzone

peter andré

robbie williams

mark owen

o-town

human nature (does any of you know them? i really loved their music!)

die fantastischen vier

MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

and probably a lot more that i can't remember now, lol :wink2:

what i liked best, well, different concerts for different reasons. stadium shows are always great, it's just a brilliant atmosphere there... so i liked jacko and robbie a lot, also because i knew almost every song they sang without having listened to their albums a hundred times. great music, great atmosphere.

as i said, i like the nokia night of the proms. and of course mika, he has such a good stage presence and brilliant music, it makes you wanna jump and dance the whole night through when you see him live. :original:

and the best show for the show itself i think was take that, they always put a lot of effort in their shows, like on the one last year they had this rain coming down for really cool effects, a story about the "making of a boyband", and a whole circus on stage during relight my fire, with a fire-eater, jugglers, etc - their show isn't just singing and dancing, they're also acting and stuff, it's like a real event, maybe like a musical, telling a different story with every song.

Thanks to zeima I just found out that Mika's gonna play on Rix Fm festival in Stockholm on Friday! It's the biggest free concert in Scandinavia.

Four hours in train away from me *yay* and the place is only 5-10 min from the trainstation.....

Plus I have Mikas album never used before just waiting to be signed *prays*

Talked to hotdlp and she had also met him in a free gig in London

So I have hope! (Imagine if I get to hug Mika and take a photo, I would probably faint before taken a step against him) LOL I AM SO NERVOUS!!

Now I really understand how the girls winning his competition were/are really feeling. OMM how am I going to be able to sleep tonight or function the coming days??

(copied from another thread)

I know I have to see what I can do... wow mika... close to me but still so far away

That's quite irritating right?! I lived in Malmö before, love Denmark :thumb_yello: Really hope you can come, then we could meet up :biggrin2: