Mika: There's No 'Enigma' Over My Sexuality

meimei88

Same stories being posted everywhere on the net.. the issue is not going away... Gigwise has also published the same story...

But don't you think this is all being taken out of context? I think these stories are using his words to suit their own purpose, and create a stir.

I remember the interview during which he said that bit about the Billy Brown song -- as I recall, he was being accused of keeping his sexual preference secret so that he'd be accepted in the US. And his response basically was that if he thought talking about being gay would be a problem, he wouldn't have included Billy Brown on the CD. My perception was that he was trying to show that being accepted in the US was NOT why he avoided talking about his own sexuality -- he didn't talk about himself because he just plain old wants to keep it private, for his own personal reasons -- it has nothing to do with potential homophobia in the US.

Seems to me these so-called "reports" are taking that part of the old interview -- it doesn't seem to be from a new interview, right? -- and couching it in the story THEY want to tell in an effort to create a sensation of some kind. :thumbdown:

dcdeb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes yes yes JE CONCOURS... the press expect celeb-types to be candid about everything and then they go and take their quotes entirely out of context and wonder why they end up just saying nothing and not doing interviews. I feel entirely rotten for him!

well technically it's not the same article because it's printed somewhere else... and somewhere else... and, in fact, somewhere else... but yes, it is the same article printed all over the internet, just in case someone wanted to read the same out-of-context quote a multitude of times.

bah.

well technically it's not the same article because it's printed somewhere else... and somewhere else... and, in fact, somewhere else... but yes, it is the same article printed all over the internet, just in case someone wanted to read the same out-of-context quote a multitude of times.

bah.

...cool.... :punk:

LOL I never even knew James Morrissey kept the sexuality subject closed. I just assumed he was straight. Same with Mika until all this speculation came out. Grr!

Me too.. I guess I assume everybody is straight untill.. I get some clues about them being gay.. XD

Also, someone asked Mika if Billy Brown was autobiographical. He said no but it was based on someone he knew.

Not only that, remember Mika was bullied at school because he dressed differently and was called homophobic names. Maybe he still hasn't gotten over some of the trauma.

Press; leave him be!

I think people may think he's homosexual because he does happy, child-like (in the BEST way possible) music.

Let's look at some other male artists

Justin Timberlake

50 Cent

Akon

Fall Out Boy

Arctic Monkeys

Take That

You don't see these guys talking about gay men, fat women or telling people to love them, and so because his music is different they probably just assume that he is different too.

And if they think he's gay just because he puts on a high voice well then that's bull. Look at JT. And just because Mika isn't running after women in his videos and isn't singing about same-old stories, it doesn't make him gay.

He even mentioned in a video that the songs on his album, at least some of them, were made when he was like 16. Who knows what other material he's written?

And his dress sense. Yeah, it's different. You don't walk down the street and see men wearing braces, but skinny jeans are the norm. Look at all the emos! Except their jeans are usually black...

He just wears what the hell he wants to wear. Why the hell not? Everyone else does!

Just because he's keeping it a secret doesn't mean he's homosexual. After all, if we find out, and the press see him with a person, they will think is Mika going out with this person, is this Mika's type etc. It's a smart move I think, because then the press can't make official announcements unless Mika himself says so. The press may keep asking "MIKA ARE YOU GAY" but at least that's the only question they can ask. And it keeps his love life what it's supposed to be - private. So let the press make up their stories. It's just their childish way of "making" someone come out just to stop the speculation, and then OOH LOOK A BIG STORY, which is all what the press is after.

there may be clues as to what way he swings, maybe even both, but we will NEVER know unless he decides to tell us.

That is all x

Exactly EnFa. :thumb_yello:

Although i dont understand how music can be "gay"??

:roftl:

"I like men, i'll sleep with men, I'm the biggest gay in the woooorld!"

And then only use pink.. Erh.. I don't really know!

Maybe it can't be straight or gay?

LMAO I LOVE THOSE LYRICS!!!! XD

They made me giggle...my sister saw me and she was like "caroline are you okay??" :roftl:

Was that a Tomboy quote? :lmao:

For those who don't know Tomboy:

music can be gay :yay:

i dont care what way he swings but my feelings from the beginning is mika`s gay . god how do explain why i think this ? he`s a stunner , he always giggles nah i cant think of any other reasons ............... ? my gay friend thinks hes straight :shocked:

i dont care what way he swings but my feelings from the beginning is mika`s gay . god how do explain why i think this ? he`s a stunner , he always giggles nah i cant think of any other reasons ............... ? my gay friend thinks hes straight :shocked:

think think think. we all think, but we don't know, right? :bleh:

I think we should listen to the Gay Friend!

Tho, you're right about the gigleling-thing!

And the way he covers his mouth when he swears.. Haha.. So cute, makes me wanna stroke him!

:wink2: it is so funny to see how he plays the press, he feeds them fooder and they gobble it up!!:wink2:

he said;

'If I was worried about my sexuality, I certainly wouldn't have made the record I made. It has to dowith self respect. I'm not creating an enigma or leaving mystery.

I'm just repcting myself enough as an artist to give myself room to grow and not be devoured in one go.I have no intentions to be a cheap Chinese-allyou-eat buffet!'

Why oh why can they not accept that and enjoy Mika as an artist, a songwriter, a performer and an amazing human being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Everyone (I mean the press) keeps on saying whatever he/she feels like about Mika's sexuality! Women saying "no, he can't be gay, he's too hot", homosexual men saying " yes, he's gay, he's CLEARLY gay", everyone for his/her obvious reasons: he's so sexy, full of talent, something nearly never seen before!

this is a mess!!!!!!! :shocked:

of course we -real fans of Mika- don't care about his sexuality, but you should think of Freddie: he had a lovely girlfriend ,they really loved each other, then he realised he was gay and everything was ok in his life!

but he NEVER made it clear to the press....

cause that was a part of his personal life.

listening to Mika's songs you should think that he's gay (for example Billy Brown) or/and straight (Love Today, Big Girls) .

OBVIOUSLY he doesn't want to be judged because of his sexuality!!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

But don't you think this is all being taken out of context? I think these stories are using his words to suit their own purpose, and create a stir.

I remember the interview during which he said that bit about the Billy Brown song -- as I recall, he was being accused of keeping his sexual preference secret so that he'd be accepted in the US. And his response basically was that if he thought talking about being gay would be a problem, he wouldn't have included Billy Brown on the CD. My perception was that he was trying to show that being accepted in the US was NOT why he avoided talking about his own sexuality -- he didn't talk about himself because he just plain old wants to keep it private, for his own personal reasons -- it has nothing to do with potential homophobia in the US.

Seems to me these so-called "reports" are taking that part of the old interview -- it doesn't seem to be from a new interview, right? -- and couching it in the story THEY want to tell in an effort to create a sensation of some kind. :thumbdown:

dcdeb

I remember reading that article, and thought "good for him". I cannot understand why the press are so obsessed with this subject, it's starting to get a little tired now. All I want to read about is what gigs he is going to do and when he is going to do some more signings and if he plans on making the animations that he does into some sort of larger project, like a short film or something (hey he could enter it into the Oscars next year, that would be REALLY cool).

If the press don't have anything new or constructive to write about him, just don't bother writing anything at all. Rehashing old interviews totally out of context from the original, is so unprofessional and the person who printed it should be ashamed of themselves.

Somewhere it was already said: The press has asked same questions in interviews with Morrissey. He hasn't said too much and year after year they are asking it again. Last year Morrissey told in one interview that he has found love. But that was all and nobody knew if his love was a person or a new place to live or something else? I think Morrissey has shut up like 20 years now :D