Mika Facts.

SarinaLovesMika

Mika's music is different than anything I've ever heard! Sure it has somethings similar to rock and pop sounds I know but other then that its really unique! This might be why the US is taking a while to get hooked - its just so different.

SJDKFHjdskfMIkaaa

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really!! that's amazing!!! a whole new world of music has been opened up for you!! I hope you're going to go and purchase lots of ABBA and Kylie Minogue and. hmm. I would say Donna Summer but I think she's veering into disco territory... I'm trying to think. you should get some France Gall, definitely, Poupee de Cire Poupee de Son (Serge Gainsbourg, who else) is a work of poptastic genius. would you say Prince is pop?

wow. veering swiftly back on topic, MIKA MADE ME QUESTION THE DEFINITION OF POP MUSIC.

not that I anyone really listens when I push my opinion of music, I think the Wizard of Oz soundtrack is a masterpiece. which it is. and I'm not ashamed of that! I know that when my wifey and I are home after a hard night's gigging, there's nothing we like to listen to better than really loud showtunes and to question the definition of pop music into the night.

well I ment contemporary pop music...I already listened to Donna Summer (which yes..some songs can be considered pop),Abba,Madonna...this thanx to my mother!

actually she made me love Queen and the 80s pop music and I made her love rock and similar stuff!!!

but,sorry, I'll never like Kilie Minogue...:shocked:

Mika's music is different than anything I've ever heard! Sure it has somethings similar to rock and pop sounds I know but other then that its really unique! This might be why the US is taking a while to get hooked - its just so different.

SJDKFHjdskfMIkaaa

that's the point..Mika is different than any other thing...

will he be the new music-revolution???

in this case I' be so happy to tell everything about him to my future grandchildren (...if I'll have some)! :naughty:

that's the point..Mika is different than any other thing...

will he be the new music-revolution???

in this case I' be so happy to tell everything about him to my future grandchildren (...if I'll have some)! :naughty:

Well hopefully my grandchildren will here it from Mika, my hubby! <3

/QUOTE]

That's true!:thumb_yello: His music is really different. It's so good, so damn good, I just love it and I can't get it out of my head.

I'm in love with his music.:mf_lustslow::wink2:

well I ment contemporary pop music...I already listened to Donna Summer (which yes..some songs can be considered pop),Abba,Madonna...this thanx to my mother!

actually she made me love Queen and the 80s pop music and I made her love rock and similar stuff!!!

but,sorry, I'll never like Kilie Minogue...:shocked:

oh THAT'S okay then! I thought you meant you'd never liked pop music, and inside I did a little cry for you. but that's alright. although I have to agree to disagree about Kylie, some of her stuff is diabolical but there are gems in there...

when you say Mika is different from any other thing, do you mean different from anything else around at the moment or different from anything ever?

when you say Mika is different from any other thing, do you mean different from anything else around at the moment or different from anything ever?

I mean it's just different! It's different then most pop/rock/whatever songs currently and from the past. And also each song is so unique and GOOD!

Ya know how most pop artists these days have about 1 good song on their albums and the rest are crap so it's a waste to buy the whole CD? It's SOO different for mika!!

Every song is a gem and wonderful and fantastic and I'm obSEXed.

I mean it's just different! It's different then most pop/rock/whatever songs currently and from the past. And also each song is so unique and GOOD!

Ya know how most pop artists these days have about 1 good song on their albums and the rest are crap so it's a waste to buy the whole CD? It's SOO different for mika!!

Every song is a gem and wonderful and fantastic and I'm obSEXed.

so what do you think of reviewers who make all those comparisons? (sorry, I'm just playing devils advocate!! I know what you mean about all the songs sounding so different, it was actually the first CD album I bought in ages and was worth the money bien sur!)

so what do you think of reviewers who make all those comparisons? (sorry, I'm just playing devils advocate!! I know what you mean about all the songs sounding so different, it was actually the first CD album I bought in ages and was worth the money bien sur!)

Well he said himself that he takes sounds from all different types of music so that might be the reason for the comparasons.. but c'mon. How many albums these days come with a whole story with cartoon characters!? It's so clever and origional <3

And same for me with the CD buying. I NEVER buy CDs! I download/get from friends and such and I even had most of Mika's songs on my computer but I HAD to support!

I just wanna said that I'm a huge fan of queen and I have the newsletter every week and this week, there are 2 article about mika! :

Mika was recently commented in Rolling Stone April 2007 issue about his hit song, not only mentioning Freddie, but being compared to him, yet again!

10 Artists to watch in 2007, and Mika is one of them. RS mentions that "British pop sensation scores with Freddie Mercury-style falsetto" and that "Somewhere in the cosmos, Freddie Mercury must be happy. His legacy is in the hands of Mika, the British hitmaker who brings his operatic vocals and grandiose piano theatrics to tracks like 'Grace Kelly.'"

Also a mention on his new album review: "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" inevitably recalls "Fat Bottomed Girls"

and this:

Pop sensation MIKA hopes critics will stop comparing him to British music legends QUEEN - because he doesn't want to be associated with FREDDIE MERCURY's dress sense. The GRACE KELLY star, who yesterday (26MAR07) dubbed SCISSOR SISTERS "mediocre", admits he finds it tough when the press liken his music to that released by the group's late flamboyant frontman. He tells the New York Daily News, "I get tired of talking about it. "I would be willing to more if that's where I was coming from. Just so long as they don't compare our dress sense."

Ed: He should be flattered... (I think he IS but I think it's boring to be compare everytime to freddie, he's not freddie, he's HIMSELF! he's unique and we love him the way he is!)

What do you think? (I'm sure you'll be agree! :wink2: )

Mika is unique. I understand that getting compared to Freddie must get a bit annoying sometimes.

Yes, he most certainly is. And who on earth wouldn't get tired of constantly being compared to someone else, no matter how great, rather than being considered for his or her own personal worth? If anyone deserves recognition for his own achievements, rather than for sounding like someone else, its Mika. We all no he meant absolutely no disrespect to Freddie. People just don't get him or his sense of humour. We know, though :wink2:

Yes, he most certainly is. And who on earth wouldn't get tired of constantly being compared to someone else, no matter how great, rather than being considered for his or her own personal worth? If anyone deserves recognition for his own achievements, rather than for sounding like someone else, its Mika. We all no he meant absolutely no disrespect to Freddie. People just don't get him or his sense of humour. We know, though :wink2:

Amen to that! :thumb_yello:

i understand that mika is tired of being compared to freddie all the time, but i think he will have to cope with it for a while, like every new artist. for example, i remember take that were always compared to nkotb when they started, and now it's "who's nkotb?" lol :bleh:

btw, did we have the fact yet that mika cannot cook? he said that in an interview. well thanx god, i already feared he was completely perfect! lol :lol3:

FACT: Mika may or may not have eaten a litter of live puppies once during a game of "Truth or Dare."

FACT: Mika may or may not wear a wig made of recycled yak hair.

FACT: Life in Cartoon Motion may or may not contain subliminal messages funded by the Royal English Candy Company which urge us to purchase lollipops.

FACT: Mika may or may not have eaten a litter of live puppies once during a game of "Truth or Dare."

FACT: Mika may or may not wear a wig made of recycled yak hair.

FACT: Life in Cartoon Motion may or may not contain subliminal messages funded by the Royal English Candy Company which urge us to purchase lollipops.

I don't quite know what to make of that.

Fact: His family goes to almost all of his shows!

I know cause I met them and asked!!! =]

proof :wink2:

These days, visitors can't miss Mika's plush flat, below his parents' £3million townhouse in London's South Kensington because he has painted the door and railings pink.

After reading this, I really want to go to South Kensington to see his house or basement.... And that urge is getting stronger, I can't leave this thought alone! Please somebody tell me it's not a good idea!:blink: