Mika @ the Mod Club in Toronto thread March 21, 2007

Abercrombie

hpim0968ay1.jpg

Wow... just wow... AMAZING show tonight! I couldn't get tickets for the longest time, but I got an email from my Craigslist post for an offer for one ticket at like 5pm, so I did meet up with the guy (Thanks Jason!) and basically stole them for $30. I bought him a Heiney once inside, cuz I felt I underpaid. So I go there just after 7, and I was lined up near the bottom of the front stairs. On the left was a couple speaking French, oblivious to the fact I speak French fluently *snicker*. To my right were grade 11ers, speaking with a Calgary HS guidance councillor who won a radio contest, and she was flown in and staying at the Sheraton, all expenses paid, and got to meet himn backstage. I got to meet him on Tuesday night at the Ultra Supper Club, so I knew what she was in for. So I got in, and lots of short people got right in front of the stage, which was fine with me as I'm 5'11" and I was easily able to take pix anf videos from my old and trusty HP digital camera.

I'll go into more later (and post more pix), as it's a work day tomorrow and falling asleep at the keyboard. So post your pix and write about your experience here!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i cant wait to the the rest of your Pictures

your so lucky to have gotten to meet him aswell ...hurry up and wake up to tell us more and post the pictures hehe :wink2:

the pic is SO good!! really love it! I look forward myself to see the rest of them.

you are indeed so lucky! *envious* :wink2: I wonder if I'll be so lucky myself to meet him at the concert, probably there'll be a hell lot of people, well certaintly...

please post more details of your meeting, if you feel like it :thumb_yello:

Warning... LOTS OF DETAIL HERE!!!

Ok so my story... I'm a keener I'll just say that lol.. I definitely didn't want to take chances as the show sold out and was all ages, I was like K no school for me I'm gonna go line up.... well I woke up wednesday morning and got dressed and what not and went off downtown nice and early... drove through random residential streets thanks to mapquest to get to the venue.. I got there and i was like "no way... this place? no way" i kept callin my friend and checking my ticket to make sure that it wasn't a joke lol... the venue looked very random from the outside and was located in little italy/portugal (as my friend pointed out) anyway...

So there was no one there so we went to kill time in the subway across the street... (we killed a LOT of time) anyway after a while we're like K lets go line up.. we went and lined up and met a few nice people, Leah, Justin, Kim and Julia... Leah and Justin went off to get some food and when the line got a bit heavier I called them to come back... of course 30 seconds after I hung up the phone Mika waltzed in through the mini crowd to the front entrance of the building for his soundcheck... he signed a few autos and what not and was sweet as pie. Anyway they were blowin big balloons inside so after his soundcheck while he was waiting for the car he stood by the door and was hittin it with the balloon being a bit of a tease hehe cuz my friend and I could see him but most ppl didn't even notice he was there. Then he walked right out the front got into his car was waving and being cute and all and went to mtv. To kill time a bunch of us played games on my phone (trivia & hangman) but eventually we got in.

Anyway, once we got in, there were Clowns and what not and balloons and it kinda looked like a circus. I got this like sword/heart thing and so did Julia we were quite excited.. gave the man on stilts a high five and walked right on up to center stage.

I brough a huge memory card with me and was gonna film the show but after the first two songs one of the security guys was like "nopeee" teehee... I m not the kind to sell or anything i swear.. I just love having vids to remember cuz pix end up doin nothin for me! lol. Anywayyy

THE SHOW!!!

the show was amazing... he has a great reputation as is... everyone says his shows are amazing that hes wonderful and nice and whatever ... but he definitely surpassed my expectations (and they were high) He had a lot of energy during the fun songs... then there were a couple slow songs, Over my shoulder, Everybody's talkin and a new song called Holy Johnny... definitely the best preformance in my opinion though was love today... people were jumpin around like crazy dancin and being all excited and it was wonderful...the whole show was great definitely... other good songs were grace kelly and relax and lollipop was JOKES! he came out with his band in animal costumes lol and they first did a dance to the music by the song "teddy bear picnic" (if you go down to the woods today..etc etc) anyway then they took off the animal heads (mika was a lion) and danced around and went nuts... (i got a high five hehe yay!)

AFTER THE SHOW!

so after the show...we went outside scoped out the area to see where he'd leave from... he stayed inside though so we went back in and waited around.. after a half hour or so they told us to come upstairs so up the stairs we went to i guess a vip ish area... and after some more waiting we got to meet mika! he was awesomeee haha...he was askin how we were doin stuff like that, very real and friendly (i've met lots of people.. hes definitely my fave ever!) One girl was like asking him to sign one of the giant balloons with "walked in to the room, feels like a big balloon" so anyway I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone said "Lana can you hold this" and yeah it was Definitely him hahaha.. i was like "omg *dies* he knows my name" (he must have a good memory) so i held the big balloon and he signed it for the girl. He was definitely a tad buzzed and was being hilarious I must say... he signed one persons cd with "to princess ____*i wont say her name*" *then her friend goes THATS NOT YOUR CD so mika finished with* "this is not your f***ing CD" ... he was laughin she was laughin every1 was laughin it was funny lmao definitely a good time!!

BTW' date='

is this the costume/concert??? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCwEgRtiGw

LOLOL[/quote']

omg yes! can someone rip those so i can download! hehe i wanna save them since I didnt film that bit... I wonder if that person would be ok with it? i hope so!! I got my high five in there! *goes to watch and see if it was caught on vid!*

*edit* YUP!! first vid!!

Whoa... that guy's faster than me in putting them up! I wanted to edit them, trim the fat if you will, before putting them up. I'll put some up unedited.

BTW, That dude was right next to me and a shoulder behind me from that angle. I thought I saw my camera in his shot. I talked to him too. saved my spot when I went to get more Schmirnoffs.

Warning: My digicam's batteries died, so I reverted to video mode on my phone, so the clips won't be as good as I wanted them to be.

...and Lana, you summed up a lot of what I was going to continue on, wtg! Now I'm trying to spot you in these clips.

More later.

:naughty:

Thats awesome! I was there too! I got my ticket for free from a very nice man... I thanked him, and ran inside. I pushed my way through the crowd (since by the time I got in, everyone was already in there) and took awesome videos and pictures of the show!

My favourite part was the "They can go fnck themselves" and the Lollipop performance! (which I got all on video for everyone ;D)

omg yes! can someone rip those so i can download! hehe i wanna save them since I didnt film that bit... I wonder if that person would be ok with it? i hope so!! I got my high five in there! *goes to watch and see if it was caught on vid!*

*edit* YUP!! first vid!!

;D

I have the best quality videos Ive seen so far. XD

I will soon upload them for you. <333

Abercrombie, its still not ready ur vid lol!

and omg I cant wait to see that holy johnnie vid...

also miss unwanted...i can not wait for your vids... im super excited!

Ive watched them about 40 times on my camera XD

I uploaded them on my computer, but I just need to fix the ending of a few. My camera goes retarded when its about to cut out...

I used about 30 batteries over and over again XD

hahaha thats intense!!

and thanks for liking my review! lol its what happened! hes so awesome.. truly... it was very surprising I guess because I wasn't used to that sort of thing? where the artist was chilled out... like some people just sign an auto and go "who's next?" Mika was talkin to everyone, makin jokes, playin around..didnt take himself too seriously none of that ... my mouth is still hanging open!

I guess you're all going to shoot me for this one too... I also just uploaded it to youtube, and it does take some time for their site to process it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCeq9CCECc

Mika - Lollipop , similar to previously posted, however I got them from the start, and captured more of the ambiance than just focusing on the stage. I hope you all enjoy these. You can see me at 2:10 into the clip when I turned the phone on me.

hahaha thats intense!!

and thanks for liking my review! lol its what happened! hes so awesome.. truly... it was very surprising I guess because I wasn't used to that sort of thing? where the artist was chilled out... like some people just sign an auto and go "who's next?" Mika was talkin to everyone, makin jokes, playin around..didnt take himself too seriously none of that ... my mouth is still hanging open!

:shocked: man, he's too good to be true!