Abercrombie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno if this has been posted yet

but its holy johnny and seems pretty good quality and length

can someone please please rip this video? i wanna download it!

kinda jealous now, we didn't get that song in Montréal ! Did he do other covers or was that the only one ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I just found this site. I see you have already seen some of my videos that I posted on youtube. You can see more pics and videos at myspace site.

Enjoy.

I look forward to reading many threads here....

Kal

• 4 years later...

5 years ago today this gig changed my life. Some of it amazing, some not so great, almost all of it memorable. I really miss vintage Mika, it seems like a lifetime ago.

The first performance of Holy Johnny. :fangurl:

K3LXkCeegiM

5 years ago today this gig changed my life. Some of it amazing, some not so great, almost all of it memorable. I really miss vintage Mika, it seems like a lifetime ago.

K3LXkCeegiM

there's no date in the title of this thread so for a second when i saw the title i was all :excite: OMG A NORTH AMERICAN SHOW :excite: then i opened the thread & realized it was old :doh:

nice video :naughty: T4P Christine!

there's no date in the title of this thread so for a second when i saw the title i was all :excite:OMG A NORTH AMERICAN SHOW :excite: then i opened the thread & realized it was old :doh:

nice video :naughty: T4P Christine!

i thought so too! my heart skipped a beat :teehee:

K3LXkCeegiM

lol, you could think that it was a private gig for martin. :naughty: it makes me a bit nostalgic to watch this old video, which reminds me of the early 2007 gigs... :wub2: ... but on the other hand, i find it amazing how much better his performances are now! i already found him fantastic when he used to perform with his back to the crowd, but since he gave that up and now that he has a lot of performing practice, he's just unbeatable! :fangurl:

lol, you could think that it was a private gig for martin. :naughty: it makes me a bit nostalgic to watch this old video, which reminds me of the early 2007 gigs... :wub2: ... but on the other hand, i find it amazing how much better his performances are now! i already found him fantastic when he used to perform with his back to the crowd, but since he gave that up and now that he has a lot of performing practice, he's just unbeatable! :fangurl:

Yeah I kind of go back and forth on that. I do generally prefer the energy of the larger/later gigs but I don't like it when it's too "rehearsed" you know? (I mean his moves, props, etc., not the music which should always be rehearsed :naughty:)

I was sure Martin and Mika were in love. :lmfao: When I came to MFC everyone assured me Martin was married. But you know there's always Billy Brown. :teehee:

K3LXkCeegiM

Oh my goodness, I had almost forgotten this sort of thing :wub2::wub2::wub2:

There are no words that can express how much I miss the Mika of those days. In my eyes, he was SO much better then. So yeah he might be more 'polished' now, performance wise, but here he was only focusing on the singing, which is IMO what he should do. He didn't give a flying feck about 'show', flash clothes/sets/costumes/special effects,and was only about the feeling and the music. Priceless.

And this is not about me not accepting change, etc... I really have no issues with change and bettering things/oneself, but I do believe that in this situation he's not bettering himself but rather, doing the opposite by removing the natural and earthy element to his shows, which in my eyes was one of his selling points initially, and one of his strongest ones:teehee:. He has natural talent and charm by the bucketload; why he wants to hide and cover it behind all that blooming circus I will never comprehend :aah:

Really, I am quite sad to compare this with the latest performances where everything is so 'put on' and nothing is left to improvisation or spontaneity :dunno:

These old videos give me goosebums. I love them.

Yeah I kind of go back and forth on that. I do generally prefer the energy of the larger/later gigs but I don't like it when it's too "rehearsed" you know? (I mean his moves, props, etc., not the music which should always be rehearsed :naughty:)

Really, I am quite sad to compare this with the latest performances where everything is so 'put on' and nothing is left to improvisation or spontaneity :dunno:

i know what you both mean, but when i made my comparison, i had smaller gigs in mind, not the huge choreographed ones. i don't know how many people were at the mod club, but i'd guess it's nothing you could compare to arena shows. if you play in a big arena with thousands of people, there needs to be some "circus", so also those far in the back can enjoy the show, because they have no chance of "connecting" to mika during the gig, as they cannot see his facial expressions etc.. or only on screens, which isn't quite the same. anyway, i'm talking about gigs like some of the small ones in 2009 and 2010... the radio gig in munich, the concerts in stuttgart and helsinki. those times when mika breaks out of his usual rehearsed show, jokes with the crowd etc. - THAT is what i mean. i wouldn't trade one of those shows for the "old times". i definitely would trade something like pdp though!