Mika the puppy's thread...

So, a few of you may know that this past week, ive been doing work experience at an animal rescue center. And i enjoyed it so much that i now have a saturday job there!!

One story of one little puppy though, will always stick in my mind forever. We got a call on the Tuesday about a little abused 9 week old puppy, and the 2 year old daughter put the dog in the washing machine AND threw her from top to the bottom of the stairs AS we spoke on the phone. Thats just animal cruelty in its meanest form.

There were complications, and so the puppy could not be immediately bought in and we had to wait until Friday, but we were all pretty certain that she wouldnt live to see that day...

But she was given another shot at life, and she was rescued and bought into the shelter this morning!

An oppurtunity came up for me to name her.....so....can you guess where its going??? I called her Mika!!

She's had a rough start to life and the scars will always be there, but i know she will find and get the love she deserves one day...

So say hi to Mika the puppy! (its a rubbish photo i know, but she was really nervous and a bit camera shy!)

cleonq0.png

Leave your messages for Mika, she'd love to hear from you all! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty scummy horrible ignorant people. :mad: I'm sorry but this kind of stuff makes me so mad.

It's our responsibility to treat anything or anyone with respect and care, especially children and animals as what we do affects them so much and they often are powerless to do anything about it.

I know little Mika is in the best place now, and you are doing great work Sarah, thank you on behalf of all decent people. (def all of this forum :wink2:)

What a cute little doggie, and quite apt that you should name her Mika, seeing as he too was treated shabbily by people who should know better when he was younger.

I wish I was in a position to take her in, as I love dogs, but at present I wouldn't be able to. I hope you find a good home for her soon, she deserves it.

• 11 months later...
So, a few of you may know that this past week, ive been doing work experience at an animal rescue center. And i enjoyed it so much that i now have a saturday job there!!

One story of one little puppy though, will always stick in my mind forever. We got a call on the Tuesday about a little abused 9 week old puppy, and the 2 year old daughter put the dog in the washing machine AND threw her from top to the bottom of the stairs AS we spoke on the phone. Thats just animal cruelty in its meanest form.

There were complications, and so the puppy could not be immediately bought in and we had to wait until Friday, but we were all pretty certain that she wouldnt live to see that day...

But she was given another shot at life, and she was rescued and bought into the shelter this morning!

An oppurtunity came up for me to name her.....so....can you guess where its going??? I called her Mika!!

She's had a rough start to life and the scars will always be there, but i know she will find and get the love she deserves one day...

So say hi to Mika the puppy! (its a rubbish photo i know, but she was really nervous and a bit camera shy!)

cleonq0.png

Leave your messages for Mika, she'd love to hear from you all! :thumb_yello:

aaaw:wub2:

bad humans:thumbdown:

is that a boxer?