Mika telling us to eff ourselves ?!?!

sunshine931

the words in the youtube description are what he said, from what i heard that night.

but i'm sure it's being misinterpreted!

no artist would ever publicly diss their previous audiences like that.

i'm definite that when telling them to "eff off", mika was referring to the people who had told him that toronto was sh**- not the whole montreal audience.

also, artists like to make their audiences feel good! and mika deffo did that with that comment! but there was no hostility shown between toronto and montreal.

i'm sure everyone in the club took it as saying that he was dissing the people who had made bad comments about toronto, not the population itself.

at least, that's what i got from being there!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm definite that when telling them to "eff off", mika was referring to the people who had told him that toronto was sh**- not the whole montreal audience.

I think that's a plausible explanation. Or at least I would interpret it that way too.

i'm sure everyone in the club took it as saying that he was dissing the people who had made bad comments about toronto, not the population itself.

at least, that's what i got from being there!

I hope you're right... I do think people who make bad comments about Toronto are idiots... but was it necessary to say that on stage... Well I guess you're right when you say artists like to make their audiences feel good and all... maybe he just made a bad choice of word or something... thing is... I love Mika to death despite what he did or did not say cause I'm a loyal fan !... but maybe some people from Montréal who are gonna see this vid on YouTube are gonna take it the wrong way... and that would suck if he got a bad reputation here because of something that was misinterpretated...

I but maybe some people from Montréal who are gonna see this vid on YouTube are gonna take it the wrong way

I'm sure alot of people from Montreal will be very mad. There are alot of French speaker who are'nt very friendly when it come's to saying bad thing of Québec... i'm not one of them, I do adore Toronto and Wonderland :roftl:

and I'm still a big fan...

oh kids I'm sure it was just onstage banter and he had a whale of a time in Montreal and was just joking. you know like that time he said he wanted to represent Lebanon in the Eurovision Song Contest next year?

You mean that you're afraid people might think he's encouraging rivalty between the two cities? I think it's all been or being misinterpreted...

No I'm not afraid people might think he is encouraging rivalry between the two cities... I mean I'm afraid people from Montréal would watch this and really interpret it as Mika telling the audience in Toronto that Montréal people can go eff themselves... cause it does say Montréal Diss in the video title and some people are gonna believe that's what it really is... I mean that's what I thought at first, although hoping it wasn't that.... Thing is we Montréalers are very fond of our city and we feel very strongly about it and sometimes people can be over sensitive about this issue. Plus, the majority of us speak french... we pretty much all speak and understand english at some different level but some people who don't understand english a lot are maybe going to understand this as an insult to Montréal people....

Do I make sense ? Cause french is my first language and I'm trying to explain myself as best as I can...

You doing better them me.... nicely done...

Thx... I hope I'm making sense... I guess you have to be from Montréal to understand what reaction it could cause here....

Anyways... he still rocks my socks and I'm now gonna go have supper and listen to his music so the sun can shine in my heart again !!!

oh dear. pauvre Mika. one day someone will have to smack him round the face to get his tongue out of his cheek. MIKA!!!!!!!! REFLECHISSEZ AVANT DE PARLER!!!!!!!!

(I think I just totally ruined the French language, sorry!)

I guess you have to be from Montréal to understand what reaction it could cause here....

Yes from there, been there....

But now going to eff myself in the States (not for Mika:crybaby: ) so... have a nice week everybody, hope every body going to be in love at my return :wink2:

In french or in English, in Québec or in Ontario....

don't worry you didn't ! :bleh:

phew!! il faut que je fasse mes examens en français cette année............ good grief.

yes so Mika learn from this, and make sure you have a disclaimer to hand at all times from now on!

Guys cmon! He only said it to the people who were making fun of Toronto in the first place! he told us in the beginning of the concert he loves Montreal! I just couldnt get my camera to work that early!

He wouldnt be the kind of person to just say something like that for no reason. Someone must have met him backstage in montreal, badmouthing Toronto, and being the "anti bully" he is, he mustve felt offended. Thats the only reason he said it.

Now I feel really horrid for posting the video... :(

Guys cmon! He only said it to the people who were making fun of Toronto in the first place! he told us in the beginning of the concert he loves Montreal! I just couldnt get my camera to work that early!

He wouldnt be the kind of person to just say something like that for no reason. Someone must have met him backstage in montreal, badmouthing Toronto, and being the "anti bully" he is, he mustve felt offended. Thats the only reason he said it.

Now I feel really horrid for posting the video... :(

Thank you so much for clearing that up... We didn't see that first part when he said he loved Montréal... and with a title like "montréal diss"... you gotta admit that maybe it sends the wrong message... I was so upset at first but then I said to myself that it's impossible that he would be so mean... and I was hoping that he only said that to some people who badmouthed Toronto (which is not very nice)... but like I said in my last posts, I'm afraid some people will think he really dissed Montréal and I don't want him to have a bad reputation here...

Guys, I'm so sure that he did not mean it as a diss. What he said was that people in Montreal told him that since he "did Montreal first, Toronto's gonna be sh!t" and Mika told them to go **** themselves, meaning that Toronto wasn't sh!t. He wasn't saying that the audience can go **** themselves; I think he enjoyed himself in both Montreal and Toronto!

So no worries!! :)

Guys, I'm so sure that he did not mean it as a diss. What he said was that people in Montreal told him that since he "did Montreal first, Toronto's gonna be sh!t" and Mika told them to go **** themselves, meaning that Toronto wasn't sh!t. He wasn't saying that the audience can go **** themselves; I think he enjoyed himself in both Montreal and Toronto!

So no worries!! :)

Misunderstandings suck.... hurray for Montréal AND Toronto !!!

Now I feel horrible cause I left a comment on his myspace telling him I was sad to hear him diss my city... :boxed: I didn't leave an angry comment, just a sad one and saying I hope I misunderstood...

*runs to myspace to go appologise to Mika*

Misunderstandings suck.... hurray for Montréal AND Toronto !!!

Now I feel horrible cause I left a comment on his myspace telling him I was sad to hear him diss my city... :boxed: I didn't leave an angry comment, just a sad one and saying I hope I misunderstood...

*runs to myspace to go appologise to Mika*

sorry for quoting myself but I just saw you sent me a message concerning my comment on Mika's myspace unwantedsysric...

I hope you're right... I do think people who make bad comments about Toronto are idiots... but was it necessary to say that on stage... Well I guess you're right when you say artists like to make their audiences feel good and all... maybe he just made a bad choice of word or something... thing is... I love Mika to death despite what he did or did not say cause I'm a loyal fan !... but maybe some people from Montréal who are gonna see this vid on YouTube are gonna take it the wrong way... and that would suck if he got a bad reputation here because of something that was misinterpretated...

Nah. i put a little note in my description for the viewers now. I hope no one takes it the wrong way anymore. </3

sorry for quoting myself but I just saw you sent me a message concerning my comment on Mika's myspace unwantedsysric...

We are all quote-worthy, don't think otherwise! :)

And huzzah! Don't feel bad about the myspace comment either, considering just how many comments are posted on there a minute, I doubt he ever reads it. I don't think it's possible for him to read them all and I don't think he does! I've never gotten a reply, sadly!

Nah. i put a little note in my description for the viewers now. I hope no one takes it the wrong way anymore. </3

thank you !!! I know you didn't mean any harm whe you posted it but you know how people are... for sure some people would take it the wrong way...

We are all quote-worthy, don't think otherwise! :)

And huzzah! Don't feel bad about the myspace comment either, considering just how many comments are posted on there a minute, I doubt he ever reads it. I don't think it's possible for him to read them all and I don't think he does! I've never gotten a reply, sadly!

I know but I still feel bad... maybe a reads a few of them now and then... and if he happens to read mine... I'll feel bad...