US Best Buy Release (w/ two acoustic tracks)!

Lissy

Erm...so how does one know which is the BB or Target version?!

Best Buy version's two acoustic tracks are Love Today and Satellite.

Target version's two acoustic tracks are Billy Brown and My Interpretation.

Perhaps there are other versions out there? Those were the only two places I looked today.

dcdeb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just hit Best Buy and Target -- Best Buy didn't even have the CDs out yet, I had to ask for it! And interestingly, Target only had *2* copies of the CD left! That was at 11:30 am -- So I bought two copies :) (I'll give one as a gift. )

The Target CD has two different exclusive bonus tracks.

Billy Brown acoustic

My Interpretation acoustic

And they're selling it for $7.98 now, as well.

Since Happy Ending is the last "official" track on the CD, I'm hoping that

Over My Shoulder is "hidden" as it was on the UK CD. I haven't even opened

up the cases yet to look!

I have to admit -- I have never owned 3 copies of the same CD before. (I

bought the UK version online weeks ago!). I'm a little embarrassed to tell

anyone that I've done this... I might have to squirrel them away somewhere

:wink2: My guilty secret.

dcdeb

Oooh thanks so much for noting that Target does in fact have different acoustic versions. I am completely tempted to buy a copy from them as well for those acoustic tracks!

I went to Best Buy this afternoon. It took me a bit of searching to find Mika's album. I had to search the aisles. I thought the store would have his album on display in the new releases section and blasting from the stereo but it wasn't! I was shocked. I thought people would be lining up to purchase his album! Oh well, guess people aren't as crazed as us. :wink2:

Edit:

After finally reading all of the raves about the acoustic versions I AM going to purchase Target's copy. I adore acoustic versions of any song.:)

LOL...yep I made a trip to Target and then across town to Best Buy to get the bonus tracks...how could I get one CD and not the other?????

I'm loving the acoustic version of all the songs! Mika is such a musical genius!! I'm so glad he's daring to be different and not selling out!! Finally I get to listen to some music that doesn't sound like everything else on the radio! :thumb_yello:

I've gone acoustic mad. I had no idea that you U.K. folks get 3 bonus acoustic versions on the digital release of the album! You have:

Grace Kelly [Acoustic Version]

Relax (Take It Easy) [Acoustic Version]

Stuck In The Middle [Acoustic Version]

So, we're almost even then! U.S. fans get 4 bonus acoustic tracks (between 2 CDs), and the U.K. fans get 3 bonus acoustic tracks (digital download only).

However, I was able to download from 7digital.com these U.K. exclusive acoustic tracks even though I'm from the U.S. My credit card will just have to charge me a little conversion fee from U.K. pounds to American dollars. THESE ARE AWESOME! I had no idea that these existed until a few minutes ago! Definitely worth having in your collection. I adore the acoustic version of "Relax"! :wub2:

And what about people in Canada ?! We don't have any accoustic track at all... :(

Wow! that is such great news about the two versions.

A friend and I got the Best Buy one this morning.

It's so amazingly produced... wow. Loving it a whole lot.

San Francisco doesn't have a Target! I have to go all the way down to little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky-tack: Daly City :D

Hopefully they'll still have them.

There ARE U.S. fans ! But most of my friends have never heard of him yet, which I find so very odd... But they shall!

I´ve got CD Mika - Life in cartoon motion special for Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungaria. There is only 10 songs + hidden track Over My Shoulder. And now - in UK it is bonus Ring Ring, in US it is Erase and acoustics versions of 2 songs. This is unfair for middle (or east?) Europe.

Hello to everyone from Russia, this is my first post here.

May somebody from USA write barcode numbers of both US releases - from BestBuy and Target? Or maybe put the scans of the back cover in here?

I have an option to order the US cd here in my local shop but there isn't tracklist in their computer, only barcodes.

Help me somebody with this, please. :wink2:

And what about people in Canada ?! We don't have any accoustic track at all... :(

Try this site:

http://www.mymusic.com/product_dl.asp?curr=1&muzenbr=100649306

It has acoustic downloads of Grace, Stuck, and Relax. I actually tried ordering those three acoustic tracks from this site, but it was for Canadians only! :thumb_yello:

Hello to everyone from Russia, this is my first post here.

May somebody from USA write barcode numbers of both US releases - from BestBuy and Target? Or maybe put the scans of the back cover in here?

I have an option to order the US cd here in my local shop but there isn't tracklist in their computer, only barcodes.

Help me somebody with this, please. :wink2:

Target UPC: 6 02517 26231

Best Buy UPC: 6 02517 26229

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I'm confused, because it seems that there is the third US edition with barcode:

6 02517 20587

It is also listed here:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=4806175&title=Life+In+Cartoon+Motion+%5B3%2F27%5D+*&artist=Mika

and features only 13 tracks.

This is probably the standard U.S. CD release that the majority of U.S. stores carry. Best Buy and Target, are, as far as I know, the only U.S. retailers that feature bonus tracks on the physical CD release of the album. The rest of the retailers in the U.S. (Tower, Circuit City, FYE, etc.) carry the 13 track album with this UPC (it's actually 12 tracks with "Over My Shoulder" hidden).

Thanks a lot! I'm confused, because it seems that there is the third US edition with barcode:

6 02517 20587

It is also listed here:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=4806175&title=Life+In+Cartoon+Motion+%5B3%2F27%5D+*&artist=Mika

and features only 13 tracks.

Sorry this is confusing you -- the explanation is this:

Target and Best Buy each have a different *exclusive* version of the CD. The Target version has two special bonus tracks, and the Best Buy version has two different special bonus tracks. You can only by the Target version at Target stores, and you can only buy the Best Buy version at Best Buy stores.

Other retail shops in the US, like Tower, have a different version of the CD, which may or may not have bonus tracks. There may be others with other special tracks, so they would probably have different bar code numbers, too. As long as the CD is by Mika and called Life in Cartoon Motion, then you have the right CD -- there are other "Mika" CDs out there by other groups. But there is only ONE true MIKA! :)

dcdeb

I can't remember where my copy of the Mika cd was bought cause a friend bought it..here in Canada though.

But the songs on it in order:

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

My Interpretation

Love Today

Relax

Ring Ring

Any other world

Billy Brown

Big Girl

Stuck in the middle

Erase

Happy Ending

and Over my shoulder

• 6 months later...
I´ve got CD Mika - Life in cartoon motion special for Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungaria. There is only 10 songs + hidden track Over My Shoulder. And now - in UK it is bonus Ring Ring, in US it is Erase and acoustics versions of 2 songs. This is unfair for middle (or east?) Europe.

Ahoj Imelia, I`m also from Slovakia, and I am also frustrated that on my disk there is not song Ring Ring. After I heard it on the net it became one of my favourites and then I was sorry I didn`t order the disk via Internet, some version with Ring Ring on it. When Mika has a new disk I will be more carefull. Though I don`t really understing this kind of marketing, really, no sense at all!Rebeka

As practically everyone here knows Mika's album will finally be released here in the US tomorrow! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. :)

I didn't pre-order it from amazon.com.

But I have been following the release on websites of some retail stores. Most have Mika's album on sale for only $7.99!

But even better than the low price Best Buy includes two acoustic tracks that I noticed hadn't been mentioned anywhere.

1. Grace Kelly

2. Lollipop

3. My Interpretation

4. Love Today

5. Relax (Take It Easy)

6. Ring Ring

7. Any Other World

8. Billy Brown

9. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

10. Stuck In The Middle

11. Erase

12. Happy Ending

14. Love Today - (acoustic version)

15. Satellite - (acoustic version)

Click here for the direct link to Best Buy's website where the track listing is listed.

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up!! I'm picking my copy up tomorrow from Best Buy!

I also noticed that Target includes two special tracks as well but I'm not sure if they are the same as Best Buy or not. Their website doesn't give the complete description.

thx for letting us know! I loooove satellite :wub2: