The official Brian May worship thread!

Mary

Love this story haha :roftl::wub2:

I got an autograph of him too :wub2: He signed my "the works" LP at the red carpet in Zurich (opening night for WWRY) :biggrin2: I just went there and was waiting outside the carpet and then suddenly I saw brian OMG that was sooo amazing !!! I wasn't able to talk to him in any way... too many cameramen who wanted to do interviews and stuff

:thumbdown: But hear him talking and see him right in front of me was so amazing I will never forget !!!

I would have loved that, what an amazing night for you:bleh:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well as you ask

It was at the Back to the light tour in 1993

I saw him at the brixton acadamy, royal albert hall and Bouremouth int Centre.

After Bmouth(my home town) I went round the back and waited for ages, then he and Anita came out together and he signed stuff for us fans and i stupidly said that i loved him:blush-anim-cl: He was very serious and polite as usual

I have the tour book, the show was amazing, he pretty much went through his album and addedd some queen songs and it was very dramatic, amazing atmosphere

It was easy to meet him as it was just his tour, like when roger did his tours too, which i went to!! They were amazing! When they do big stuff it is impossible

I had gone with my best friend and when it was time for us to be picked up we werent there(we were with Bri:biggrin2: ) and we were reported to the police as MISSING:roftl:

Oh my how cool! I'm so jealous!

Love this story haha

I got an autograph of him too :wub2: He signed my "the works" LP at the red carpet in Zurich (opening night for WWRY) :biggrin2: I just went there and was waiting outside the carpet and then suddenly I saw brian OMG that was sooo amazing !!! I wasn't able to talk to him in any way... too many cameramen who wanted to do interviews and stuff

:thumbdown: But hear him talking and see him right in front of me was so amazing I will never forget !!!

I repeat, I'm so jealous! But congrats on meeting him

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I must write it here as well:mf_lustslow:

I've always considered Brian the best guitarist of all times and he was always in my top 3 of hands to shake and.... IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY AT MIKA CONCERT!!! What more can I want from life?!

I was in the theatre lobby just before Mika's performance - after Blue Roses. Suddenly I spotted Brian and he looked exactly like in all the photos!

It happened too quickly to make me feel nervous, so I just came up to him, said my name and that I've always been a fan. WE SHOOK HANDS:mf_lustslow: and he was extremely nice! I asked him for a photo but he said that he didn't want to attract attention, which I understood perfectly so I just thanked him again and was about to leave when he said something like: 'I'm really sorry for the photo. You'll think I'm horrible. But maybe something else?' and he looked around... he was holding a beer so he said: Maybe I can buy you a drink?:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: For me that was too much already so I said: 'Beer, Brian May and Mika in one place - too dangerous':roftl: and I went away but before we shook hands again:thumb_yello: Amazing meeting! And especially at MIKA's gig!!!! WOW!!!!

I've always considered Brian the best guitarist of all times and he was always in my top 3 of hands to shake and.... IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY AT MIKA CONCERT!!! What more can I want from life?!

I was in the theatre lobby just before Mika's performance - after Blue Roses. Suddenly I spotted Brian and he looked exactly like in all the photos!

It happened too quickly to make me feel nervous, so I just came up to him, said my name and that I've always been a fan. WE SHOOK HANDS:mf_lustslow: and he was extremely nice! I asked him for a photo but he said that he didn't want to attract attention, which I understood perfectly so I just thanked him again and was about to leave when he said something like: 'I'm really sorry for the photo. You'll think I'm horrible. But maybe something else?' and he looked around... he was holding a beer so he said: Maybe I can buy you a drink?:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: For me that was too much already so I said: 'Beer, Brian May and Mika in one place - too dangerous':roftl: and I went away but before we shook hands again:thumb_yello: Amazing meeting! And especially at MIKA's gig!!!! WOW!!!!

That is sooooooo cool! :mf_lustslow:

I must write it here as well

It happened too quickly to make me feel nervous, so I just came up to him, said my name and that I've always been a fan. WE SHOOK HANDS:mf_lustslow: and he was extremely nice! I asked him for a photo but he said that he didn't want to attract attention, which I understood perfectly so I just thanked him again and was about to leave when he said something like: 'I'm really sorry for the photo. You'll think I'm horrible. But maybe something else?' and he looked around... he was holding a beer so he said: Maybe I can buy you a drink?:mf_lustslow:For me that was too much already so I said: 'Beer, Brian May and Mika in one place - too dangerous':roftl: and I went away but before we shook hands again:thumb_yello: Amazing meeting! And especially at MIKA's gig!!!! WOW!!!!

Well...you know I envy you to death , right? :roftl:

Great great great story! Really! You were probably one of the luckiest MFCers there! :wub2:

Brian's such a gentleman!!! Gaaaaah I love him! :wub2:

It happened too quickly to make me feel nervous, so I just came up to him, said my name and that I've always been a fan. WE SHOOK HANDS:mf_lustslow: and he was extremely nice! I asked him for a photo but he said that he didn't want to attract attention, which I understood perfectly so I just thanked him again and was about to leave when he said something like: 'I'm really sorry for the photo. You'll think I'm horrible. But maybe something else?' and he looked around... he was holding a beer so he said: Maybe I can buy you a drink?:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: For me that was too much already so I said: 'Beer, Brian May and Mika in one place - too dangerous':roftl: and I went away but before we shook hands again:thumb_yello: Amazing meeting! And especially at MIKA's gig!!!! WOW!!!!

He really is SUCHHH a great man , that is a story to treasure

I wrote to Brian last night at 11:45pm to thank him for introducing me to Mika & saying how good it was that he was at SW. He replied at 2:15am :shocked: just a short acknowledgment but :woot_jump: what a guy :thumb_yello:

Awesome!!

He truely is amazing , a mega mega superstar and so down to earth :wub2:

I SO regret standing there open mouthed for 10 minutes and not saying hi :boxed:

I wrote to Brian last night at 11:45pm to thank him for introducing me to Mika & saying how good it was that he was at SW. He replied at 2:15am :shocked: just a short acknowledgment but :woot_jump: what a guy :thumb_yello:

:boing:

He's amazing! Really really amazing! :wub2:

Awesome!!

He truely is amazing , a mega mega superstar and so down to earth :wub2:

I SO regret standing there open mouthed for 10 minutes and not saying hi :boxed:

Aw did you not say hi to him Freddie? I was sure that you of all people would have done..guess it's not so easy though is it :blink:.

Aw did you not say hi to him Freddie? I was sure that you of all people would have done..guess it's not so easy though is it :blink:.

I couldnt .. I was stood so close and he had like ONE person there at that point , serious fan girl moment

:fangurl:

Its not so easy in RL , lets face facts Mika is AWESOME . BM is a legend :wub2:

I wrote to Brian last night at 11:45pm to thank him for introducing me to Mika & saying how good it was that he was at SW. He replied at 2:15am just a short acknowledgment but :woot_jump: what a guy

Amazing !!!!!!!! :wub2:

Awesome!!

He truely is amazing , a mega mega superstar and so down to earth

I SO regret standing there open mouthed for 10 minutes and not saying hi

He is ! ... I expect you would have done babe , if he wasn't swarmed with people ! ... :wub2: More people did come over at that point ....

I couldnt .. I was stood so close and he had like ONE person there at that point , serious fan girl moment

absolutely :biggrin2: .... The Mika gig was great , but i have to say my highlight was meeting him , and i never in a million years expected to .... sorry mika :teehee:

Edited by mikas_gal07

I thought that too, right after I read Brian was there! "FD must be freaking out, he's going to meet him, probably!" :naughty:

Exactly! :wub2: I guess I would have reacted the same way... :blush-anim-cl:

Come on cassieeee tell the whole story :wink2:

:roftl: I'll post what i posted on BQ's Wall ..... so

So i went to the bar just as mika was about to start .... I was with SoSi at the time as she only just arrived ...

I got up there and who was stood at the empty bar ? Brian may !!!!!

I said to SoSi .... I KNOW its a long shot but i HAVE to speak to him or ask him for a pic or something .... this is Brian Bloody May !!! I couldnt believe it !

So i waited for him to finish chatting with whoever he was with - there was no-one else around , and said "Hi Brian ! How are you ? I know you probs wont be able to , but would i be able to get a pic please ? " ... He said " Hi there , how are you , i would do a picture but the thing is everyone will want one" ... to which i said "ok thats fine ! No problem at all , i just had to ask while the opportunity was here" ... then he said "lets shake hands though" ... so he held his hand out and i shook his hand .... he asked what my name was i told him , and i said , my BF is downstaires ,hes a massive queen fan , and im dying to make him jelous for sending me to the bar ..... :naughty: he said - "well that can be arranged!" ... NO idea what that meant , but he was being playful ! ....:roftl: i said ok ive gotta go , mika is gonna start and he went down too , so i saw where he sat, he was directly 6 rows behind us ... and i told fred and he couldnt believe it ! ..... He wouldnt even turn round to look bless him , he was so nervous to see him ! LOL! .... I have to admit , i dont know HOW i had the nerve to ask him or chat anything to him , but i just couldnt let the opportunity pass me by ! ... as they say , if you dont ask , you dont get ! ... and i got a hand shake and a small convo !

I then bumped into him again unexpectedly an hour later to which he said "oh hello again! :biggrin2:" ... I just said oh Hi again ! Hope your enjoying the show !

Then me AND fred saw him upstaires in the foyer after the show , but it started getting too busy, so fred didnt get much chance to say anything :(

But it was truely amazing !!!!!!!!!!!! was more a matter of luck !!!

he has such a fatherly warmth , i felt extremely comfortable around him :wub2: Hes amazing !

I'll post what i posted on BQ's Wall ..... so

So i went to the bar just as mika was about to start .... I was with SoSi at the time as she only just arrived ...

I said to SoSi .... I KNOW its a long shot but i HAVE to speak to him or ask him for a pic or something .... this is Brian Bloody May !!! I couldnt believe it !

So i waited for him to finish chatting with whoever he was with - there was no-one else around , and said "Hi Brian ! How are you ? I know you probs wont be able to , but would i be able to get a pic please ? " ... He said " Hi there , how are you , i would do a picture but the thing is everyone will want one" ... to which i said "ok thats fine ! No problem at all , i just had to ask while the opportunity was here" ... then he said "lets shake hands though" ... so he held his hand out and i shook his hand .... he asked what my name was i told him , and i said , my BF is downstaires ,hes a massive queen fan , and im dying to make him jelous for sending me to the bar ..... he said - "well that can be arranged!" ... NO idea what that meant , but he was being playful ! ....:roftl: i said ok ive gotta go , mika is gonna start and he went down too , so i saw where he sat, he was directly 6 rows behind us ... and i told fred and he couldnt believe it ! ..... He wouldnt even turn round to look bless him , he was so nervous to see him ! LOL! .... I have to admit , i dont know HOW i had the nerve to ask him or chat anything to him , but i just couldnt let the opportunity pass me by ! ... as they say , if you dont ask , you dont get ! ... and i got a hand shake and a small convo !

I then bumped into him again unexpectedly an hour later to which he said "oh hello again! :biggrin2:" ... I just said oh Hi again ! Hope your enjoying the show !

Then me AND fred saw him upstaires in the foyer after the show , but it started getting too busy, so fred didnt get much chance to say anything :(

he has such a fatherly warmth , i felt extremely comfortable around him :wub2: Hes amazing !

Haven't I read this somewhere before? :roftl::roftl::roftl:

:roftl: I'll post what i posted on BQ's Wall ..... so

So i waited for him to finish chatting with whoever he was with - there was no-one else around , and said "Hi Brian ! How are you ? I know you probs wont be able to , but would i be able to get a pic please ? " ... He said " Hi there , how are you , i would do a picture but the thing is everyone will want one" ... to which i said "ok thats fine ! No problem at all , i just had to ask while the opportunity was here" ... then he said "lets shake hands though" ... so he held his hand out and i shook his hand .... he asked what my name was i told him , and i said , my BF is downstaires ,hes a massive queen fan , and im dying to make him jelous for sending me to the bar ..... :naughty: he said - "well that can be arranged!" ... NO idea what that meant , but he was being playful ! ....:roftl: i said ok ive gotta go , mika is gonna start and he went down too , so i saw where he sat, he was directly 6 rows behind us ... and i told fred and he couldnt believe it ! ..... He wouldnt even turn round to look bless him , he was so nervous to see him ! LOL! .... I have to admit , i dont know HOW i had the nerve to ask him or chat anything to him , but i just couldnt let the opportunity pass me by ! ... as they say , if you dont ask , you dont get ! ... and i got a hand shake and a small convo !

This was such an advantage going for a wee while mika does his opening track :roftl:

Haven't I read this somewhere before? :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Yes , it was much easier to copy and paste my whole story for you into the thread , and tweak bits ! :roftl::roftl::teehee:

Ive never known an artist , and someone so legendary who is SO down to earth , that is amazing to me :wub2: