Mika @ Concorde2 Brighton

guinchogirl

and me JEN LAURA and jem met him - I managed to sneak backstage on pretence of despearte bladder and saw him lurking

but we all met him after - he signed my hat and cherisse signed my ticket for my daughter -she is so tiny and she knew of FD!!

Managment seem a litttle more frosty now but our mand was just a lovely as ever - he remembered me and jem from the Culture Show filming.

AM soooooo excited still - eurythmics cover was fab and the venue so cosy

still in shock - roll on MONday :):bleh:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have photos and filmed the Eurthymics cover - but need hubby to upload etc as a bit of a tchnophobe!!

but it was F***ing amazing - and do hope i wasnt one of the annoying ones that was refrred to earlier!!

I have photos and filmed the Eurthymics cover - but need hubby to upload etc as a bit of a tchnophobe!!

but it was F***ing amazing - and do hope i wasnt one of the annoying ones that was refrred to earlier!!

carrie, don't worry... i can forgive you....i know one is not in his mind in front of HIM!:wub2:

I was quite suprised by JFC comment as everyone seemed really happy and friendly and when the girl behind me asked if I could take my hat off from round my neck I did so quite happily and I let the small boy behind me get in front so he could see- but think me and jem scared him with our enthusiasm!

Yes there was lots of jumping up and down at the front row buts it was a live gigi and we were in the @mosh pit@ so to speak

but haw amazing was it? =-- brill brill brill - still grinning

Right. Here we go!

I got to the venue around 4.30ish. After about an hour deciding whether or not to venture to the shops to buy face paints, Mika's tour bus arrived. This confused the 4 of us waiting as we thought he was in there already.

Mika walks towards us, looking casual and unshaven. He looked at me and said "We've met before, haven't we?" Can't believe he remembered me! We chatted for a few minutes. He was talking about the Prince gig and how he can't believe he gets invited to those kinda things. I asked him for a random picture of us doing the Freddie. He said no but we could do the Grace Kelly to eachother instead. And voila:

l_cae297c985f6c51f99d8ffa3c9ab2180.jpg

I asked him if he'd be doing happy ending. He said maybe! So I was thrilled that he did it!

The other nutty fans turned up. Carrie had a go at me for not accepting her on myspace!:shocked: Jemma was as mad as ever. We managed to scare the guys trying to organise the queue by being sarcastic and stupid. And the operatic version of Lollipop we did was quite fab!

The gig itself was fab! Mika gets better each time... though he did mess up his lines a few times. The best one was during lollipop. "Take a look at a girl like me" - his face afterwards was priceless. It was like "****".

Setlist:

Relax

Big girl

My interpretation

Billy Brown

Any other world

Stuck in the middle

Ring ring

Sweet dreams

Holy Johnny

Happy ending

I want you back

Love today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

So no over my shoulder which didn't bother me much!

Afterwards we hung around trying to get backstage then were told Mika would come out to sign. I was hoping he'd remember my name. Didn't even have to ask. As soon as he saw me, he said "Nice braces, Daz". I almost died. Instead I just pulled them and sung the word braaaaaces like he does in big girl. I'm a twat! We got a random pic of us posing with spongebob toys which didn't come out. Booo!

Anyway - the man is the loveliest man in the world. The fans are the maddest people in the world.

Roll on Monday!

I was quite suprised by JFC comment as everyone seemed really happy and friendly and when the girl behind me asked if I could take my hat off from round my neck I did so quite happily and I let the small boy behind me get in front so he could see- but think me and jem scared him with our enthusiasm!

Yes there was lots of jumping up and down at the front row buts it was a live gigi and we were in the @mosh pit@ so to speak

but haw amazing was it? =-- brill brill brill - still grinning

I dont know who JFC means either? Everyone was very very friendly. We were there very early and ran in once handing our tickets over and so thats why we got to the front:biggrin2: Its was fab. Hi Daz are you going to put the rest of your pics on, mine are very poor! I have a vid of mika for 10 secs then its us lot screaming while i leave it running for ages!:blink:

Whaa a fantastic night

Just checked DAz - def not on yr friends :( - have sent you an add tho so we can chum - didnt have a go at you =merely pointed out the error of yrs ways!! he he

and where did you go - we were waving the tour bus off and you had gone!!

cant make it to london til 7.30 ish so may have to worm my way to front -but am with an older group who prob wont be so interetsted - so will have to see- but still am on a high!! think I may need a little nap in a mo - as am off to a eurovsision party tonight!! ooh its all go here!!

Jen - glad its not just me who was confused by JFC comments!!

:blink::roftl: I didnt notice much else except for Mika:biggrin2: I have bruises on my hips and ribs so someone must havebeen pushing:naughty: or maybe it was just my moshing:roftl:

WOW - what an absolutely amazing evening !! MIKA was heavenly, it was wonderful to meet and chat with him before the show and very lovely of him to spend time with us loons too :roftl:

I'll upload some photos later, but for now thought you might like to see a bit of Happy Ending (sorry it's not the whole song, but our camera can only record 3 minutes of video). Hope you enjoy, and will post some piccies later.

http://www.myspace.com/julesnkev

(Then click on 'videos' underneath our picture)

Jules

x

p.s. It was lovely to meet so many friendly people last night - thanks for keeping us entertained! Roll on Monday !!

OMG u all sound like u had a awsome time!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see more pics and stuff oh its our turn tomorrow!!!!!:bleh: i think i may have a hearrt attack iv never been more xcited about something my whole life!!!

WOW - what an absolutely amazing evening !! MIKA was heavenly, it was wonderful to meet and chat with him before the show and very lovely of him to spend time with us loons too :roftl:

I'll upload some photos later, but for now thought you might like to see a bit of Happy Ending (sorry it's not the whole song, but our camera can only record 3 minutes of video). Hope you enjoy, and will post some piccies later.

http://www.myspace.com/julesnkev

(Then click on 'videos' underneath our picture)

Jules

x

p.s. It was lovely to meet so many friendly people last night - thanks for keeping us entertained! Roll on Monday !!

Wow that was brilliant, cant wait to see the rest of your pics:biggrin2: ive invited you on my space. We will rock you is fab, i love tony V:biggrin2: I have aaded your vid to my profile, i hope thats ok!

I'll post some pics later. Got a video of Sweet dreams I'm uploading to youtube now. Also got Holy Johnny but thought I better ask Mika if he wanted it on the Internet or not. He asked me not to upload it so its staying my little secret!

After I had a little chat with him after the gig, I thought I'd run off and catch the last train back to London. Was looking for you guys though!

just remebered = lollipop girl was the girl who came on to sing Happy ending with Mika and is also the girl in that Jetski pic with him!!!!

hey!

whats the big idea!!

interesting fact!

she is all smiles on the vid blue eyes posted!!!!:biggrin2:

wonder if she sings on the album too??

sounds like you had a blast carrie!!!!:wink2: