3 videos

Sia

you're right, but we are always curious, we should just keep trying for him to accept us in his myspace, both of them, haha...

does anybody know what's the song dawack's listening to?:blink::biggrin2:

I don't think "we" should, that is harrassing.

Can we not just be respectful? :biggrin2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting here open mouthed with shock..............what is wrong with you lot on this thread!

Mikaboy I'm not sure if the number 13 after your name denotes your age but I hope that it's the reason you've been so immature.

How can you claim that Mika is your idol and seem to care so much about him then invade his privacy in this way (urged on by others on here nontheless)?

He has a myspace page where all of his fans are accepted as friends and where we can leave comments for him/find out news/etc.

His MMMM page is clearly not for his fans (even though some long standing fans were accepted very early on) and he should be left in peace on it.

If everyone pesters him to be accepted then he's not going to be able to just use the page to chat to his friends like we all do.........it wouldn't surprize me if he's started yet another myspace page because of people like you bombarding him with emails and friend requests. It's so unfair that he can't have some space away from his work without having to be guarded over who reads his comments etc. Back off and leave the poor boy alone.

I think a lot of people have come across these comments as there are quite a few people who are myspace friends with Greg aswell as Jody and other people who are associated with Mika and in that sense they are public comments but to repost them elsewhere is not on.

You said days ago you were going to take these comments off yet they are still here.

If you are a real fan you'd take them off immediately.

Sariflor said she didn't want to preach but I'm afraid I'm just going to be blunt with you as this is awful. I actually feel really upset by reading this thread.

I'm sitting here open mouthed with shock..............what is wrong with you lot on this thread!......

His MMMM page is clearly not for his fans (even though some long standing fans were accepted very early on) and he should be left in peace on it....It's so unfair that he can't have some space away from his work without having to be guarded over who reads his comments etc. Back off and leave the poor boy alone....

I don't agree that such a passionate response was warranted.

1) My understanding is that these comments are posted on Greg Wells' comment page, on his myspace. Greg Wells' profile isn't private. He's not on my list, and I can read everything on his profile.

This means that anything "MMMM" wrote on there is easily accessible public information. Compiling it is a bit stalker-like, yes - but I don't think it's some deplorable move. It's all public stuff available on a public page that users don't even need a myspace account to access. Not exactly hardcore privacy invasion there. Especially since some of the comments were posted using the very obvious, very public "MIKA" account.

Social networking sites have the option to make profiles private, and apart from that, there's the "messaging" feature, which is private as opposed to commenting which can be easily seen by anyone who visits the recipient's page. That's what people who are concerned about privacy should use. I don't believe in coddling people in regard to what they post on the internet. If you make a post on a wide open page that anyone can access, that's fair game, in my opinion.

2) That said, I think there's some confusion about the "MMMM" account. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that is indeed Mika's personal account, and that he hasn't added fans in ages - maybe only a few at the very, very beginning before all the fame happened. I believe some people didn't know or didn't realize that. My further understanding is that there's no point in requesting an add to that account, since it is indeed personal, and its a waste of time (and perhaps a bit irritating to him) since he doesn't add fans to that account anyway.

Knowing that, it does mean that it's indeed wrong to ask someone to screen-cap a private myspace page. It's private for a reason.

I don't agree that such a passionate response was warranted.

1) My understanding is that these comments are posted on Greg Wells' comment page, on his myspace. Greg Wells' profile isn't private. He's not on my list, and I can read everything on his profile.

This means that anything "MMMM" wrote on there is easily accessible public information. Compiling it is a bit stalker-like, yes - but I don't think it's some deplorable move. It's all public stuff available on a public page that users don't even need a myspace account to access. Not exactly hardcore privacy invasion there. Especially since some of the comments were posted using the very obvious, very public "MIKA" account.

Social networking sites have the option to make profiles private, and apart from that, there's the "messaging" feature, which is private as opposed to commenting which can be easily seen by anyone who visits the recipient's page. That's what people who are concerned about privacy should use. I don't believe in coddling people in regard to what they post on the internet. If you make a post on a wide open page that anyone can access, that's fair game, in my opinion.

2) That said, I think there's some confusion about the "MMMM" account. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that is indeed Mika's personal account, and that he hasn't added fans in ages - maybe only a few at the very, very beginning before all the fame happened. I believe some people didn't know or didn't realize that. My further understanding is that there's no point in requesting an add to that account, since it is indeed personal, and its a waste of time (and perhaps a bit irritating to him) since he doesn't add fans to that account anyway.

Knowing that, it does mean that it's indeed wrong to ask someone to screen-cap a private myspace page. It's private for a reason.

The point is that yes the comments were made on a public site but when I post comments on my friends pages I don't expect strangers to be reading/analyzing them or using them elsewhere. I say stupid, revealing and cryptic things to them and they say the same back to me. I don't even think about it because the only people who would read them are our wider circle of friends who would probably know me anyway.

I presume that Mika is like the rest of us and likes to make his page his own to reflect his personality and looks forward to seeing if he's got any comments/emails form his friends.....maybe a friend request or two from old friends. How must it feel to have that swamped by fans going "I know this is you......pleaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeee add me, be my friend, go on, pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeee!!!!!!" He's set the page to private but why shouldn't he be allowed to comment on his friends pages freely without thinking about strangers tracking his comments down?

Just try hard to imagine what it must be like for him?

Invasive? Restrictive? Unsettling? Annoying? Freaky? Odd?

Maybe any one of these words............but there are certainly no positive words that spring to mind to describe how it must make him feel.

You may well think I'm going over the top but phrases like "he's fair game" make me shiver. It's like people would take any opportunity just to get at him......regardless of what it costs him.

It's been talked about in other threads but it's like the situation with asking for photos/hugs/kisses/etc...........I feel enough respect for him to not to invade his space that much which means that the times I have been in his company I haven't had my picture taken with him.....kissed him...hugged him. (Don't get me wrong I would love to have those things but I would never want to "take" them from him...........if they ever happened naturally that would be lovely) The time I have spent with him and the conversations we had mean so much to me because they were natural and initiated by him and I treated him like a normal person. Everyone wants so much from him that he'll no longer able to interact with people normally. I know people will disagree with me but I think it's a matter of not demanding things from him that you wouldn't demand from other strangers that you meet no matter how much you want something. Believe me, I want lots! I'm not sitting here as someone who doesn't care about anything but the music, etc..........I really like him and would love to know him personally and consider myself a very big fan........but I stop myself from doing or getting the things I want simply because I like him so much.

OK..this has turned into one of those long, ranty posts but I felt I had to expand on how I feel.

I totally agree with you Vix.

Phew!

I was waiting to get stoned! :shocked:

But then I know that you're always the voice of reason too! :wink2:

I'm sure other peoples replies will be less positive! :sneaky2:

Oh, and when I wrote my post lastnight I hadn't even realised that three of Mika's private videos had been posted on here (yes, I know I'm dim considering the title of the thread!) so I won't even go into how awful I think it is that they are being passed around! :sneaky2:

OK..............I'm done, again! :mf_rosetinted:

Phew!

I was waiting to get stoned! :shocked:

But then I know that you're always the voice of reason too! :wink2:

I'm sure other peoples replies will be less positive! :sneaky2:

Stoned?:naughty: How can anyone possibly read what you said and not agree? It's true that those are publicly made comments, but I think that it's still not right to broadcast them like that.

Anyway maybe we should just let this thread die? :thumb_yello:

Stoned?:naughty: How can anyone possibly read what you said and not agree? It's true that those are publicly made comments, but I think that it's still not right to broadcast them like that.

Anyway maybe we should just let this thread die? :thumb_yello:

OK........but sadly it'll raise it's ugly little head again in the future and it looks like the posts won't be editted/removed so they'll be picked over yet again!

*sigh*

See you in another thread! :thumb_yello:

You know this all makes me think of another thread I came across during these last few days. It is titled 'What would you do for Mika?' I understood the light-heartedly joking tone but the title alone made me think. First of all about the question if anything we ever do can be done out of an entirely selfless approach. Thinking about that, I'd almost say 'no'.

Second, I thought about the question itself. What would I do for Mika what in the end was not for my benefit? The only answer I have come to is: If requested, I would totally stop trying to get his attention. (not that I ever had touched his private myspace account, though)

You know this all makes me think of another thread I came across during these last few days. It is titled 'What would you do for Mika?' I understood the light-heartedly joking tone but the title alone made me think. First of all about the question if anything we ever do can be done out of an entirely selfless approach. Thinking about that, I'd almost say 'no'.

Second, I thought about the question itself. What would I do for Mika what in the end was not for my benefit? The only answer I have come to is: If requested, I would totally stop trying to get his attention. (not that I ever had touched his private myspace account, though)

That was my point Violet Sky............because I care about him so much the nicest thing I can do for him is leave him alone (on a personal level I mean!).

Yet, because I like him so much.........I crave him relentlessly! :blink:

Oh, the irony!! :roftl:

The point is that yes the comments were made on a public site but when I post comments on my friends pages I don't expect strangers to be reading/analyzing them or using them elsewhere. I say stupid, revealing and cryptic things to them and they say the same back to me. I don't even think about it because the only people who would read them are our wider circle of friends who would probably know me anyway.

I presume that Mika is like the rest of us and likes to make his page his own to reflect his personality and looks forward to seeing if he's got any comments/emails form his friends.....maybe a friend request or two from old friends. How must it feel to have that swamped by fans going "I know this is you......pleaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeee add me, be my friend, go on, pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeee!!!!!!" He's set the page to private but why shouldn't he be allowed to comment on his friends pages freely without thinking about strangers tracking his comments down?

Just try hard to imagine what it must be like for him?

Invasive? Restrictive? Unsettling? Annoying? Freaky? Odd?

Maybe any one of these words............but there are certainly no positive words that spring to mind to describe how it must make him feel.

You may well think I'm going over the top but phrases like "he's fair game" make me shiver. It's like people would take any opportunity just to get at him......regardless of what it costs him.

It's been talked about in other threads but it's like the situation with asking for photos/hugs/kisses/etc...........I feel enough respect for him to not to invade his space that much which means that the times I have been in his company I haven't had my picture taken with him.....kissed him...hugged him. (Don't get me wrong I would love to have those things but I would never want to "take" them from him...........if they ever happened naturally that would be lovely) The time I have spent with him and the conversations we had mean so much to me because they were natural and initiated by him and I treated him like a normal person. Everyone wants so much from him that he'll no longer able to interact with people normally. I know people will disagree with me but I think it's a matter of not demanding things from him that you wouldn't demand from other strangers that you meet no matter how much you want something. Believe me, I want lots! I'm not sitting here as someone who doesn't care about anything but the music, etc..........I really like him and would love to know him personally and consider myself a very big fan........but I stop myself from doing or getting the things I want simply because I like him so much.

OK..this has turned into one of those long, ranty posts but I felt I had to expand on how I feel.

Well said Liz!! :thumb_yello:

I don't expect strangers to be reading/analyzing them or using them elsewhere. I say stupid, revealing and cryptic things to them and they say the same back to me. I don't even think about it because the only people who would read them are our wider circle of friends who would probably know me anyway.......You may well think I'm going over the top but phrases like "he's fair game" make me shiver. It's like people would take any opportunity just to get at him......regardless of what it costs him.

The fact is, even though you don't expect strangers to be reading the comments you post on friends' pages, the fact of the matter is that if your friends' pages aren't private, anyone and his dog can read what you wrote. That's life. That's life for you, that's life for me, that's life for Mika. I didn't say "he's fair game", I said "that's fair game" - any content that a person posts on a wide-open page is fair game. You can't protect people from themselves. When a person - famous or not - develops a presence on the Internet, he/she needs to be conscious of the fact that the Internet is not private by nature, and that in many cases what they say can be found by a skilled "Google Whore" - or in this case, by someone with the most basic understanding of how myspace works.

I think that for me, it isn't really about Mika, per se. It's more about spreading the message that all people need to take ownership of whatever they post online. I had a friend who posted a note on Facebook recently. She made a mention about hating her job. Now, I'm not sure how familiar you are with Facebook, but generally you can't see someone's profile unless you're in the same network (college, workplace, or city) as that person. So someone with access to her profile found this post, and used it to have her fired. Unfair, unfortunate - but a fact of Internet life.

A few months ago, the VP of the company I work for pulled me aside, and told me that he'd found my blog by Googling our company's new name following a merger. I had mentioned the merger in passing, then went on to rant about a down and dirty argument I'd had with my mother, which clearly the VP read. Unfortunate, embarassing - but again, a fact of Internet life.

Harassing Mika to add fans to his private myspace account is another matter altogether. I would think that many newer members don't even realize that is in fact his private account, judging from the "is it or isn't it" conversations earlier in this thread. I would think, though, that if the message is loud and clear that yes, it's his personal account, but that he wants fans lo leave him alone and use the "Mika" account to contact him, most people would respect that. I personally find all the add requests from random bands irritating; I think that Mika must get those as well as quite a lot of requests from random fans, which indeed must be annoying. I do feel bad for him, for that.

In summary, I agree wholeheartedly that Mika's privacy should be respected, and I think that's something we all agree on; just where that line is drawn, I think, is a bit subjective. That said, if those vids are only from his private myspace, we should ensure they're taken down, even if a mod needs to be the one to do so. The MFC has a quite great reputation for shunning talk of Mika's sexuality, frowning on paparazzi pics, and generally looking down on anything else that invades his personal life - I'd like to see that continue.

Anyhow, that's my two cents; let the stoning commence.

Which reminds me of that great movie The Life of Brian, when the women all buy beards in order to be allowed to the stoning, and they're buying the stones with the different shapes: pointy ones, etc...

Then someone shouts out (in a female voice) and the guy asks: "are there any women here with us today?!" to which they all pretend to have a very deep voice and reply "nooo, nooo!!"

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

The internet is a public place, yes, I completely agree. I agree that EVERYONE, whether you are a popstar or the girl next door, needs to be careful what they write, as it is a public domain. I do not, however, agree with compiling and posting comments that Mika made on someone else's MySpace, no matter if they are public or not. I think that, as a general rule, that should go without saying. I post comments on the MySpaces of my friends, not saying anything particularly scandalous, knowing fully well that someone could read it if they wished, but I think that if someone were to compile them all and post them all together for others to read, I would feel violated. It's not about what is public and what is not. No one is going to kill you if you look through the comments of Greg Wells and read Mika's comments. It's more about having the decency to allow them to remain as they are, and not just go and post them somewhere all together like that.

As for Mika's private MySpace, I'm not going to lie. I've requested him before, but I knew going into it that he wasn't going to add me. I feel a bit confused on that topic, simply because his private MySpace is listed in his top friends on his music page. If he were SO strict about wanting no one to bother him, I'm more than sure that he would move the damn thing out of his top friends. It's not that he just hasn't changed it over the past year, either, because it has adjusted within the past few months. While I don't think that he wants 100 friend requests every time he signs on from fans that he doesn't even know, I also don't entirely believe that he swears at his computer screen when he sees it either. If he was so bothered by it, he would remove it from his top friends on the MIKA page. Those videos, I don't have a problem with, either. They are definitely for the public to view, as the titles that he gives them are clearly searchable. Yasmine is referred to as "DaWack," he spells his name with a 'k,' and he has a clip from the recording of Happy Ending. They're entirely fan and public-friendly.

I just think: Look all you want, but please don't post that kind of stuff by the masses on here. No matter if they're public or not, compiling them and putting them all together is a bit invasive, and remember that we're not here to stalk or invade, but to be a fan of his music.

The fact is, even though you don't expect strangers to be reading the comments you post on friends' pages, the fact of the matter is that if your friends' pages aren't private, anyone and his dog can read what you wrote. That's life. That's life for you, that's life for me, that's life for Mika. I didn't say "he's fair game", I said "that's fair game" - any content that a person posts on a wide-open page is fair game. You can't protect people from themselves. When a person - famous or not - develops a presence on the Internet, he/she needs to be conscious of the fact that the Internet is not private by nature, and that in many cases what they say can be found by a skilled "Google Whore" - or in this case, by someone with the most basic understanding of how myspace works.

I think that for me, it isn't really about Mika, per se. It's more about spreading the message that all people need to take ownership of whatever they post online. I had a friend who posted a note on Facebook recently. She made a mention about hating her job. Now, I'm not sure how familiar you are with Facebook, but generally you can't see someone's profile unless you're in the same network (college, workplace, or city) as that person. So someone with access to her profile found this post, and used it to have her fired. Unfair, unfortunate - but a fact of Internet life.

A few months ago, the VP of the company I work for pulled me aside, and told me that he'd found my blog by Googling our company's new name following a merger. I had mentioned the merger in passing, then went on to rant about a down and dirty argument I'd had with my mother, which clearly the VP read. Unfortunate, embarassing - but again, a fact of Internet life.

Harassing Mika to add fans to his private myspace account is another matter altogether. I would think that many newer members don't even realize that is in fact his private account, judging from the "is it or isn't it" conversations earlier in this thread. I would think, though, that if the message is loud and clear that yes, it's his personal account, but that he wants fans lo leave him alone and use the "Mika" account to contact him, most people would respect that. I personally find all the add requests from random bands irritating; I think that Mika must get those as well as quite a lot of requests from random fans, which indeed must be annoying. I do feel bad for him, for that.

In summary, I agree wholeheartedly that Mika's privacy should be respected, and I think that's something we all agree on; just where that line is drawn, I think, is a bit subjective. That said, if those vids are only from his private myspace, we should ensure they're taken down, even if a mod needs to be the one to do so. The MFC has a quite great reputation for shunning talk of Mika's sexuality, frowning on paparazzi pics, and generally looking down on anything else that invades his personal life - I'd like to see that continue.

Which reminds me of that great movie The Life of Brian, when the women all buy beards in order to be allowed to the stoning, and they're buying the stones with the different shapes: pointy ones, etc...

Then someone shouts out (in a female voice) and the guy asks: "are there any women here with us today?!" to which they all pretend to have a very deep voice and reply "nooo, nooo!!"

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

The internet is a public place, yes, I completely agree. I agree that EVERYONE, whether you are a popstar or the girl next door, needs to be careful what they write, as it is a public domain. I do not, however, agree with compiling and posting comments that Mika made on someone else's MySpace, no matter if they are public or not. I think that, as a general rule, that should go without saying. I post comments on the MySpaces of my friends, not saying anything particularly scandalous, knowing fully well that someone could read it if they wished, but I think that if someone were to compile them all and post them all together for others to read, I would feel violated. It's not about what is public and what is not. No one is going to kill you if you look through the comments of Greg Wells and read Mika's comments. It's more about having the decency to allow them to remain as they are, and not just go and post them somewhere all together like that.

As for Mika's private MySpace, I'm not going to lie. I've requested him before, but I knew going into it that he wasn't going to add me. I feel a bit confused on that topic, simply because his private MySpace is listed in his top friends on his music page. If he were SO strict about wanting no one to bother him, I'm more than sure that he would move the damn thing out of his top friends. It's not that he just hasn't changed it over the past year, either, because it has adjusted within the past few months. While I don't think that he wants 100 friend requests every time he signs on from fans that he doesn't even know, I also don't entirely believe that he swears at his computer screen when he sees it either. If he was so bothered by it, he would remove it from his top friends on the MIKA page. Those videos, I don't have a problem with, either. They are definitely for the public to view, as the titles that he gives them are clearly searchable. Yasmine is referred to as "DaWack," he spells his name with a 'k,' and he has a clip from the recording of Happy Ending. They're entirely fan and public-friendly.

I just think: Look all you want, but please don't post that kind of stuff by the masses on here. No matter if they're public or not, compiling them and putting them all together is a bit invasive, and remember that we're not here to stalk or invade, but to be a fan of his music.

I think we've all got a different, but in essence, the same, view on the subject.

Some bits we agree on, some we don't..that's life.

As a final note I would add that just because people can get access to certain bits of info.......it doesn't mean they should.

I'm sure the mods will decide whether the videos/comments should stay or go......

And as Sariflor mentioned the film let me just say...............let he (or she) who is without sin (in the looking for Mika info, friend requesting him, hoping to be his best friend/lover department) cast the first stone! :roftl: :roftl:

I know for certain that I can't! :blush-anim-cl: