Post Pictures of Your Area!!

Beckar

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow some of the places you guys live is very pretty!!

I actually dont think i have ANY pics of my city its so weird cause I have lived here for like 10 years!

But heres a pic of our backyard after it snowed like back in February.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/LindsaysDigitalCamera180.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/LindsaysDigitalCamera179.jpg

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: awww...that's soooo pretty, i wish we'd get snow like that round here! only snowed a couple of times in these last two years and it was really pathetic too...damn global warming:sneaky2:

Cath, I like it! I like the Luxembourg atmosphere. Quiet and green. :glasses3:

And I love British landscapes! I love the hills, the bush, the beach, the lakes... I went on a Interrail trip around the UK in '99 and I enjoyed it so much. I went to see Stonehenge, Cornwall, Wales, the Lake District, Scotland... I think I could live in the UK, but my boyfriend doesn't. He has lived in England for two years and that was enough for him he says. No bad memories though, just enough. :biggrin2:

I would love to see Canada one day, but not in winter. *shiver*

I hate snow and ice and the cold. Or actually I like snow, but only when I watch it falling down from behind the window. :biggrin2:

wow that village is so tiny!! my city is huge :shocked: like it has maybe about 500,000 people :blink:

we are about 1000 :roftl:

yeah sometimes it's cool, but you're just so far away from anything, I have to drive for half an hour to go to Luxembourg city and still it's small!

but people are not particularly friendly,I think in Paris everybody is really friendly, for instance on the bus any young man or woman would get up to let an old woman sit! I just found that amazing you don't see that here

well, these are all i have on my computer at the moment..it's a sunset seen from one of my friend's house near the vineyards(we make some awesome wine here), and a ship stranded on the danube when it froze up last year.. i live in a small town, but i think it's quite charming, especially since it's right at 'the gates to the danube delta', as authorities are proud to call it. i'll see if i can get my hands on some better pics

post-911-142983649583_thumb.jpg

post-911-142983649595_thumb.jpg

post-911-142983649606_thumb.jpg

From what I've heard about it Leuven is a nice city!

It is! It's the student's town of Belgium, and since I'm a college student... so lots of parties:thumb_yello: But I think the culture's very nice too. Yes I love my town:wub2:

Wow, you guys live in such nice places...it really makes where I live look manky.

*Dies*

Lol, I'm on a farm so all that's around me are fields...and mud, this is the closest thing to where I live, the old RAF Metheringham.

http://airfieldarchaeology.fotopic.net/c759739.html

The nicest thing near me is definitely Lincoln Cathedral though, on a clear day you can see it waaaay off in the distance, lol. It was in the Da Vinci Code. My cities one claim to fame.

*Snicker*

*Pats it affectionately*

PicForNewsletterMay2006LincolnCathedral.JPG

yorkshirebridge200yd4.jpg

This is the Humber Bridge. I think its the largest or 2nd largest suspension type bridge (or whatever its kind is) in the world... I live right near it. Its on to main road into Hull crossing the River Humber into North Lincolnshire....

thedeepcq2.jpg

This is our hangout, Princes Quay shopping mall. It got everything, topshop, miss selfridge etc. Its AWESOME!

561pxkcstadiumatnightbb0.jpg

This is KC stadium. Home to Hull City football team and Hull FC [rugby] (what an awesome Rugby team...so much better than Hull KR!!)

So this is my home.... i love it!

It's so nice to see where all you people live! :glasses3:

I think this kind of threads bring us closer. It's not just a few lines with an avatar anymore: personal pics and things makes it more lively, you have the feeling that you're actually dealing with people, not just with words on a screen.

After being on the internet for about ten years it still amazes me. :blush-anim-cl: