Article.. Mika getting death threats.

mel_tinydancer

POPPING OUT

In the wake of everyone's favourite pocket-sized popette, Anthony Callea, stating the bleeding obvious by coming out as gay, news has hit that British pop singer Mika has received death threats. Why? Because he refuses to discuss his sexuality.

This is London reports that the Beirut-born, up-and-coming star, whose debut single, 'Grace Kelly', hit #1 In the UK upon release, told the paper:

"I get hate messages all the time, a death threat. It was over whether I am gay or not. He wasn't happy that I won't talk about my personal life like that. Sometimes I think that I have made it, other times it is a bit worrying.

"In order to survive I've shut up different parts of my life, and that's one of them, especially this early in my career, I don't really feel that it's necessary to know in terms of my music ... I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality, I don't think I need to. People ask me all the time.

"Some people make records that are defined by their sexuality, but mine really are not. It does play a lot with campness. It has a theatricality to it. Why not? It"s pop music."

Am I the only one who finds this tedious?

Oh, by the way, Ian Thorpe reaffirmed his rampant heterosexuality in The Good Weekend on Saturday.

Phew.

Found this article at this website..

http://www.evolutionpublishing.com.au/sxnews/opinion/weekly-edit-101111.aspx

and i found it quite disturbing. Why the hell can't people just let the whole sexuality thing go!! he's not a pop star to advertise his personal life, he's here to share his amazing music with us. And why on earth would someone want to kill him for trying to keep his private life PRIVATE?! It bothers me.. people need to mind their own business.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because people are just nosy. Let's face it we all like to have a good giggle at some celebs sometimes. Knowing celebrities a bit more personally makes you feel as if you actually kinda know them. I know that sounds retarded, but that's how it is.

However, the press do really dig deep. While studying Media Studies it can be horrific at what lengths the press will do to find out information. I mean, I remember Mika doing an interview on MTV (i think) and he said he has about five different phones, and all his family members and friends have to keep changing their numbers because somehow the press find them out and ring them for stories.

It is rather sad. I totally respect Mika's decision in not discussing ANYTHING to do with his love life. Even telling the world your sexual orientation and kick things off. If Mika told people what he is and the press saw him with a particular gender, we all know they'd be going "IS THIS MIKA'S SO-AND-SO?"

Mika doesn't need that, especially so early in his career.

And a death threat is going way too far (obv). I reckon it was just a mild threat, scaring him into just spilling the beans for this particular person's curiosity (and a lot of other people too). Obviously I can't really say whether the threat was mild or not because I've not read it.

Well, I know Mika knows he has to look after himself. He lives in London for God's sake, he's a big boy now :thumb_yello:

I really respect Mika for not telling his orientation even after this, though. That takes a lot of confidence to do, not to mention courage. Others would just cave in and tell to get the issue over with, but for him to stick to his word and keep his love life silent only makes me admire him even more. It's just a shame that all this controvery is happening so early for him. :(

Hi

I think anyone who wants somebody as honest and respectful as Mika, must me a complete nutter. I do not know what I would do I if I woke up tomorrowmorning and found out that someone had actually killled Mika.

I would probably be in tears and seething with anger.

Cheers,

gracekelly2007

It's nothing to do with any of us really. I know the male/female members are all a little in love (ok, a lot for some of us) with him, but the fact is, however hard it might be to hear, that he's not likely to ever be with any of us in a relationship anyway. (Definitely not with me anyway cos I'm married!)

His music is the best thing and so long as we all love that then a little bit of mystery just adds to the fun. xx

• 4 months later...

I would not love MIKA any less if he came out tomorrow. *if he were indeed gay* I guess we will all just have to wait until Mika gets into a relationship to discover the truth. There HAS to be meaning behind his madness, for not revealing - after all Mika is a genius!

I love his music, appreciate his talent, and respect him as a person. I LOVE him, for all the right reasons........

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

thats next on the list! :naughty:

1: abuse mika to his face - CHECK

2: death threats - CHECK

3: kill him -

I never get around to that, everytime I get this far something happens so I start to almost like him again :tears: look now Blue Sky met him, if she likes him then he can't be that evil :tears: Now I have to start all over again :emot-sad:

I never get around to that, everytime I get this far something happens so I start to almost like him again :tears: look now Blue Sky met him, if she likes him then he can't be that evil :tears: Now I have to start all over again :emot-sad:

Yay!!:yay: There is hope after all... Kata.. good to hear that you're back to almost liking him.. almost is good enough... by November..you'll love him again.. in time to enjoy the 7 gigs you've planned for...:bleh:

so what you're saying is.. MIKA is a genious?!:mf_rosetinted:

and you love him:blush-anim-cl:

Now I wouldn't take it THAT far just yet :boxed: Let's just say I don't hate him...today :boxed:

Yay!!:yay: There is hope after all... Kata.. good to hear that you're back to almost liking him.. almost is good enough... by November..you'll love him again.. in time to enjoy the 7 gigs you've planned for...:bleh:

:blink: well maybe if he comes up with something better than the techno crap they played at Somerset House :sneaky2:

:blink: well maybe if he comes up with something better than the techno crap they played at Somerset House :sneaky2:

Now.. now don't let one techno crap get you down... :naughty: when you know that he will play so many other tracks that you love... :bleh: I have a really strong feeling that you'd be dancing your ass off in one of the gigs next to me in November.. anyway, in my eyes you're his ultimate no. 1 fan ever... after the amount of gigs you attended.. and the times you've met him..no one can deny that!! I know subconsciously you still love him .. :biggrin2:

Now.. now don't let one techno crap get you down... :naughty: when you know that he will play so many other tracks that you love... :bleh: I have a really strong feeling that you'd be dancing your ass off in one of the gigs next to me in November.. anyway, in my eyes you're his ultimate no. 1 fan ever... after the amount of gigs you attended.. and the times you've met him..no one can deny that!! I know subconsciously you still love him .. :biggrin2:

it was 10 minutes of techno crap :crybaby: But okay okay now that I already ruined my own reputation as the ultimate Mika hater, I will admit that I jumped out of my seat and knocked my drink off the table in a trendy cafe when they played Grace Kelly on the radio today :roftl: It really doesn't happen that often in Denmark :blush-anim-cl:

it was 10 minutes of techno crap :crybaby: But okay okay now that I already ruined my own reputation as the ultimate Mika hater, I will admit that I jumped out of my seat and knocked my drink off the table in a trendy cafe when they played Grace Kelly on the radio today :roftl: It really doesn't happen that often in Denmark :blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: maybe it's not subconscious love afterall...:bleh: