Such a shame?!

lollypop

OK you Frenchies! I can understand some of what you type! Could you possibly translate one word which you think we will not know, every time you type in French, then we can learn a bit? That would be good if you could, and another plus for the MFC, encouraging international relations and languages! Merci! :thumb_yello:

PS if you don't fancy it, don't worry, it's just that would be a good way for us to improve our French. I'm not sure I would ever dare write to you in French though, but you never know! :naughty:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's been a long time since school and a holiday in the south of France in about 1990!

I went with some friends, one of whom teaches French to 11 to 18 year olds, so we thought we would be fine, however, she was having none of it, she insisted that we did all the talking, but that was 17 years ago!

I can probably understand more written French, than I can speak or write. Not much more though! We are useless we English - sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

Well it's been a long time since school and a holiday in the south of France in about 1990!

I went with some friends, one of whom teaches French to 11 to 18 year olds, so we thought we would be fine, however, she was having none of it, she insisted that we did all the talking, but that was 17 years ago!

I can probably understand more written French, than I can speak or write. Not much more though! We are useless we English - sorry! :blush-anim-cl:

come on make an effort !! i bet you can translate all this phrases :

I love you

I like eating croissants

you are beautiful

how are you today ?

good morning

I can't remember where the apostrophes go.

j'taime

well croissants must be the same, it's French word, eating in Italian is mangare, j'aime mange croissants - you must be killing yourself laughing at this. :blush-anim-cl:

tu est ?

comment allez vous au'jourd' hui? How does Love Today translate?? (this one just tripped off my tongue, strangely!

Is that just bonjour? (literally good day) but you don't say bon matin, do you?

Well, I am quite enjoying this and if it give you a giggle, then both of us are happy!

I can't remember where the apostrophes go.

j'taime

==> 10/10 lol !! in fact in french you say : je t'aime but j'taime is correct too in spoken language

well croissants must be the same, it's French word, eating in Italian is mangare, j'aime mange croissants

==> well in fact i'm quite impressed since it's nearly good !! you say " j'aime manger des croissants"

tu est ?

====> beautiful is nearly the same word in french as in italian ! it's "beau", so "tu es belle/beau" is correct ^___^

comment allez vous aujourd' hui? How does Love Today translate?? (this one just tripped off my tongue, strangely!

=> love today means in french "l'amour aujourd'hui" (l'amour tout de suite ):wub2:

Is that just bonjour? (literally good day) but you don't say bon matin, do you?

=> bon matin doesn't exist but it's understandable :roftl: bonjour is correct :thumb_yello:

you're quite good at it !!!! it's quite funny to see how people are interessed in french :blush-anim-cl: ! But it's a really hard language !!

Continue comme ça, c'est très bien, tu feras beaucoup de progrès :thumb_yello: !!

:roftl: Thanks, it's surprising what you remember in fact.

How could I have forgotten belle? :doh: stupid!

I'll keep trying to do a bit of translation, I even had a peep at the French thread earlier!

Thanks for being gentle with me! :naughty:

OK you Frenchies! I can understand some of what you type! Could you possibly translate one word which you think we will not know, every time you type in French, then we can learn a bit? That would be good if you could, and another plus for the MFC, encouraging international relations and languages! Merci! :thumb_yello:

PS if you don't fancy it, don't worry, it's just that would be a good way for us to improve our French. I'm not sure I would ever dare write to you in French though, but you never know! :naughty:

I'm really sorry!!

I will translate every single word next time :wink2:

ooh! I'm sorry! I'll translate for the others! lol It's fun! it's like a french class! lol

What means OMG? I don't understand that! It is like mdr?

and I'm sorry again for people who don't understand french!

ooh! I'm sorry! I'll translate for the others! lol It's fun! it's like a french class! lol

What means OMG? I don't understand that! It is like mdr?

and I'm sorry again for people who don't understand french!

OMG = oh my god ! it means that the person is shocked, kind of surprised !!!

I don't know how you would translate MDR in english, but i guess if you say "LOL" or "XD" everyone will understand it !! :biggrin2:

Don't be sorry, lollylollypop, we are learning.

It's great to be part of an international site, where we all have something in common, most sites I have been on only have the occasional visitor from other countries, and then usually American, because of the language, so this is great. :thumb_yello:

Don't be sorry, lollylollypop, we are learning.

It's great to be part of an international site, where we all have something in common, most sites I have been on only have the occasional visitor from other countries, and then usually American, because of the language, so this is great. :thumb_yello:

yes that's great! I'm learning english too by this site! And it's better than a english class! :thumb_yello:

oookkkk! thanks a lot! In my opinion, there is no translation for mdr in english! ...

Oh and there is an article about mika in "public" (yes I know! ^^)

I've don't found it on the net! sorry!

Lol don't be ashamed! Public is a great magazine for cultivated people!!

And what do they say about him?

Lol don't be ashamed! Public is a great magazine for cultivated people!!

And what do they say about him?

oh yes! very cultivated people! lol

I'll put it on a post! wait a minute !I have just to found the magazine!

they say: (sorry it's in french!)

entitled MIKA, enfant, le dandy de la pop était autiste! (real? not real?)

une voix haut perchée sur de l'opéra pop disco...mika n'a rien du rockeur asocial et déjanté à la mode en ce moment.

Cela ne l'empeche pas d'avoir du talent...et du succès. Dans des frngues aussi flashy et décalées que sa musique, ce Libano-Americano-Anglais de 23 ans (qui a vécu un peu en France) a séduit avec un premier album haut en couleur.

Enfant, Mica Penniman a pourtant broyé du noir. En 1991, pendant la guerre du golfe au Koweit, son père est pris en otage. Face a ce drame, il se replit sur lui même.

je refusait d'apprendre à lire ou à écrire, et même de parler confit-il aujourd'hui.

Pour le sortir de son mutisme, sa mère tente un dernier recours en l'inscrivant à des cours de musique à Londres. Bingo! Le jeune homme retrouve le sourire et la joie de vivre: "la musique m'a aidée à me réintegrer au monde. J'ai appris a jouer du piano tout seul. Je suis dyslexique et je ne sais pas lire de partitions, c'est du charabia; je joue tout à l'oreille..." Voila surement pourquoi ses chansons sonnent aussi bien!

Si, au temps de l'école, ses pantalons rouges et ses noeud pap faisaient rire ses proches, aujourd'hui, le chanteur tiens sa revanche. Le couturier Paul Smith en a fait son égérie (rien que ça! :wink2: ) et son look intéresse presue autant que ses chansons.

Dandy fashion ou gay décompléxé, Mika laisse planer le doute. Ses fans (us?)pensent pourtant qu'il a fait son coming out dans l'une de ses chansons où il évoque un homme marié qui tombe amoureux d'un autre homme (Billy Brown!)

Je revendique le droit d'écrire ce que je veux et j'emmerde les bien-pensants! rétorque-t-il, décidé à ne plus jamais se laisser marcher sur ses belles converse!

Ecco! Ho finito! If someone can translate this article...I've try but it's too hard for me! :biggrin2:

And much too hard for me! :roftl:

Does it say anything that hasn't been in other interviews?

I don't know...hem...maybe he playing everything at ear (?) they say he was "autiste" I don't know the english for that word

I don't know...hem...maybe he playing everything at ear (?) they say he was "autiste" I don't know the english for that word

oh yes I remeber a friend told me that they said he was autistic! I laugh because they really write rubbish! They don't even try to tell the truth he's dyslexic not autistic!!!