low first week sales for mika in america

River

I went to Best Buy, it was nowhere to be seen. I asked for it, they said it showed they had 12 copies but couldn't find one.

I got the CD in Best Buy March 27. It wasn't in NEW RELEASE section, I found it in ROCK section :naughty: Someone else here told that Mika's CD was in Kids, under 6, section :blink:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say to give it some time...he only came out in the States a few days ago with his CD....plus there hasnt been much publicity on him....due mostly to his PR agent. Once the word spreads he will be a big hit here. I loved his music from when i first heard his song in a clip on MTV in feb. EVeryone will catch on. There was a great turn out for his concert on thursday.

It's always been notoriously hard for British acts to break America, except if you're The Beatles of course.

It's interesting as Mika only got to No 3 on his first week in the UK charts and went to No1 the week after and held it for 5 weeks. So if he gets into the top 10 of the US charts with either the single or album, he'll have done extremely well, as usually UK artists don't get that high initially.

And then he knocked the X Factor winner off the no 1 spot! X Factor/Pop Idol stuff is also popular here, that's why Mika is so refreshing.

On Mothers Day a couple of weeks ago, I think I'm right in saying, X Factor contestants were at no 1 and 2 in the album charts. One of them is a boy who looks about 12 who sings swing, stuff like My Way! :blink:

Grace Kelly is still about no 10 in the singles charts.

It's always been notoriously hard for British acts to break America, except if you're The Beatles of course.

It's interesting as Mika only got to No 3 on his first week in the UK charts and went to No1 the week after and held it for 5 weeks. So if he gets into the top 10 of the US charts with either the single or album, he'll have done extremely well, as usually UK artists don't get that high initially.

I guess you're right, actually. But you know how it is when you love something so much -- you just want everyone else to, as well, and can't understand when they don't. And obviously, we all want Mika to be as successful in the US as he is elsewhere... but perhaps I need a little more patience. Unfortunately, I'm not too good at waiting -- as I heard somewhere:

I've gotta learn to be patient? Yeah, yeah, yeah, how long will THAT take? :wink2:

dcdeb

I've gotta learn to be patient? Yeah, yeah, yeah, how long will THAT take? :wink2:

dcdeb

Look on the bright side! If he doesn't become HUGE in the US he can have smaller venues and more intimate signings... right?! I mean c'mon. Do we REALLY wanna share Mika? Lets keep him to ourselves. <3

Look on the bright side! If he doesn't become HUGE in the US he can have smaller venues and more intimate signings... right?! I mean c'mon. Do we REALLY wanna share Mika? Lets keep him to ourselves. <3

Hehe, I've been thinking that evil thought in the back of my mind :naughty: But then my other half wants him to suceed because he deserves it!

I had itunes open yesterday, and he was about 3 on top albums!!

that's pretty good, right??

things are getting better, by the day :)

Thats amazing!! Are his music videos on itunes? I never buy from there but Mika support is WORTH IT!

i really don't understand how hit music in one country doesn't do well in another, simply because of a difference in land. :confused:

maybe it's because UK listeners are more open to pop music along mika's lines?

it sure is REALLY different from american rock and everything else playing. when i first heard GK i had to lean in to make sure this was real!

GOOD NEWS! His album has reached number four on the iTunes charts here in America! Woop woop! :punk:

Ouch, guapo, I'm American and I love him...:tears:

well, some americans.

yey, #4 will help him!!!

I think americans don't take mika seriously. Amy's album was #7 in Billboard, great debut! and mika?!

I won't lie, when I saw Mika's video for the first time, I was like is this guy for real? I thought it was a joke. Then the next time I saw it, I was jumping around dancing to it, lol.

I won't lie, when I saw Mika's video for the first time, I was like is this guy for real? I thought it was a joke. Then the next time I saw it, I was jumping around dancing to it, lol.

I first saw it on MTV hits and waited until it finished, got his name and searched frantically until I had his song on my computer. <3I was hooked! and got all my friends hooked.

how did you guys find out ab Mika?

I first saw it on MTV hits and waited until it finished, got his name and searched frantically until I had his song on my computer. <3I was hooked! and got all my friends hooked.

how did you guys find out ab Mika?

VH1

dad wont let me watch MTV...or...he doesnt like me watching MTV coz he says they dont play music there anymore

Reality Reality Reality and stupid idiotic hip hop crap

you get it :bleh:

Soooo....I watched VH1...and BAM!

Mika was there :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

I wanna thank dad for that hahahaha