Ohmygosh, I just asked my sister if she would be willing to go to the concert and she immediately said "YES! Let's go!!"...so we just purchased four tickets for me, my sister, her best friend, and my bf!

YAY!!!!!!

ah lucky u! have fun!!

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled on these articles.... thought some of you might enjoy 'em!

From MTV.com:

"Killers Talk About Two New LPs, Duet With Lou Reed

Group isn't saying much about third studio LP, but bassist says quite a bit about forthcoming B-sides collection.

By James Montgomery

If the Killers have learned anything from their experiences with Sam's Town, it's that they're probably better off not talking to the press.

"I think we're all learning to be more careful with what we say. Like [frontman] Brandon [Flowers'] Bruce Springsteen comments about the last record," bassist Mark Stoermer sighed. "People took that as if [sam's] was some sort of Bruce tribute album. I mean, you can hear influences there, but to single out that one thing, that early on, it put a picture in a lot of people's minds. So we're playing it close to the vest now."

You can't really blame Stoermer for being tight, er, vested. After all, it's pretty fair to say that Flowers' media sessions in the lead-up to Sam's Town — including one spectacular interview with MTV News last May, in which he launched the whole Springsteen thing, talked about his artistic rebirth and asserted that Sam's was "one of the best albums in the past 20 years" (see "Killers' Next LP Will Show Strong Influence Of ... Bruce Springsteen!?") — did more harm than good, and most certainly led to some of the album's less-than-stellar reviews (see "Killers Try To 'Bring Back' Rock, But Not All Critics Are Onboard").

So this time around, the entire band is trying very hard to keep things secret.

"We've got some new songs, but there's a long way to go before they're ready for an album," Stoermer said. "So far, they're different than Sam's Town, but nothing that we write surprises me. Some are a bit stripped down for us — whatever that means. Some have the vibe of [Jacques Lu Cont's] 'Thin White Duke remix' of 'Mr. Brightside.' We talk about what we want for the album, but inevitably, it always gets away from us."

Another reason they're being so elusive? Well, they've got another album to knock out before they even think about the follow-up to Sam's Town: a still-untitled B-sides album (tentatively due in November), which Stoermer said would tie up a lot of loose ends. "It's for the completists," he said, noting that the album would also feature two or three never-before-recorded songs written during the Sam's Town sessions.

"That's the idea, at least," he said. "[Those kinds of albums aren't] the same in these days of file sharing, but for our fans to have it all together, remixed and retracked — well, we think that's cool. When we were growing up In the '90s, we were fans of [b-sides collections like] Oasis' The Masterplan, the [smashing] Pumpkins' Pisces Iscariot, Nirvana's Incesticide. So we're trying to do something like that."

And though he's not talking much about those two or three new songs — remember the vow of silence — Stoermer did let it be know that one of them is a duet, which they're currently recording with none other than Lou Reed.

"Yeah, Lou's here, recording it right now," he said. "It's a huge deal and an honor. We've never done a duet before, and Brandon had the idea to ask Lou if he would sing on it, since we felt his voice would go really well on it. And so we did, and he said 'yes.' It's pretty amazing, and the song is great too."

So can we expect to hear more duets on album number three?

"Heh, we're just talking about stuff like that now ... maybe deciding where we're going to record it," he laughed. "Other than that, we don't really have any plans. Maybe take a little break!""

"From nme

The Killers to release new record this year

Brandon Flowers tells NME.COM he's planning B-sides collection

The Killers are releasing a new album this year frontman Brandon Flowers has told NME.COM.

Despite having said goodbye to the UK with headlining shows at the V Festival last weekend (August 19,19) with plans to finishing touring and begin work on their third album, frontman Flowers told us backstage at the festival that his band plan to squeeze in one more record this year.

"We're going to release a b-sides album in November, that's a new thing to talk about," he explained. "There are some good songs that we've released and so it will be good to have the out there for people."

The singer wasn't sure of the exact tracklisting for the album yet, but the band have build up a host of extra songs during their two albums with the likes of 'Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town' which backed 'Andy You're A Star' and 'All These Things That I've Done' b-side 'Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself' are in consideration for the record.

Flowers confirmed that the album will include some of the remixes that the band have had done of their songs, but joked "only the good ones".

Although the band are only two albums in, The Killers frontman said he didn't think a b-sides release was too soon.

"We've just got a lot of good songs, so we're just slowly going to grind everyone down until they admit we can do pop better than anyone else," said the singer, he added that the collection is also likely to feature new material for the band. "I think we're going to do some new songs to go on there.""

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...