Mika Won't Leave England Without His Tea

meimei88

PR-Inside.com

2007-04-01 18:08:07 -

Beirut-born singer MIKA refuses to travel anywhere without his favourite brand of tea because only he can brew up a perfect cup.

The Grace Kelly singer, who was brought up in England, is very particular about his Earl Grey tea - and hates what is served up to him in cafes around the world.

He says, "When you don't drink coffee, you've got to get your tea right." But he admits that even when he packs his own tea, he can't get a decent cup in Los Angeles.

He adds, "Los Angeles water makes the worst tea in the world."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha,

That's right!

Tea can be horrible in some places!

Im not English, but I like tea.

Ok, lets admit, English people are still too devoted when it's about tea... :biggrin2:

Earl Grey has always been my favourite tea ! But I drink it with milk and sugar : I don't know if that's very correct ! But unlike Mika I drink coffee, as well !

My nieces ex was obsessive about his Earl Grey tea, NO MILK AND A LITTLE SUGAR. I think it is because it's an aromatic tea, it certainly smells nice, although I perfer Assam.

I wonder how Mika likes his tea?

I hate coffee! you know when I was a child I wanted to like coffee to do like the grown-ups but I didn't succeed to like it!

And I think I don't like tea either but I've never tasted a real one! I'll taste in two years when i'll be in england!!

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Enfa you're so inspired, today !

And your name is exactly the same that the place I work in ! It upsets me whenever I see a message of yours ! :roftl::roll1:

It's like Dutch people carrying their own brand of peanut butter all over the world... :biggrin2: Not me though, I don't like peanut butter at all. :biggrin2:

I remember that exchange student from London who subrented my room in Utrecht while I was on an exchange program myself. She brought loads of English tea too - a huge stock for the full three months - because according to her only her own tea brand was drinkable. :biggrin2:

I have to agree with him about the water in LA. When I was there, and this was back in '87, I drank the Orange Pekoe tea in the restaurants, but it made me homesick for the tea I drink here, as the water didn't seem right for tea.

:blink: he doesn't like coffee??!... haha I've been drinking it since I was 10:roftl: But thats true about tea, I can't drink it if anyone else makes it. I only drink tea if I make it myself, kinda picky on how its made, maybe I get that from the brittish side of me :roftl:

Ok, lets admit, English people are still too devoted when it's about tea... :biggrin2:

I remember some tea-making rituals that I saw English backpackers doing on their travels in Australia. It looked very impressive to me and I will never forget the whole ritual with tealeaves, tea-strainers and - most important: the milk! :thumb_yello:

And now we come to the part I don't understand: you are so desperate for a proper cup of tea - and then you spoil it with milk! :eek: :biggrin2:

I drink my tea without the milk, which must sound very weird to the English among you. In Australia they called it 'Dutch tea' when I asked for it. And at this place in Birmingham they didn't want to charge me for 'a cup of hot water' so I got my cup of tea-without-the-milk for free. :biggrin2:

But I must agree with Mika: in some places the water can be really horrible! :eek:

i hate tea i only drink coffee . when i`m asked in other peoples houses would you like a cup of coffee i alway say i`d love 1 but only if i can make it myself as i know how mika feels i`m the only person drinking it so i know how i like it . as for mika carrying his own teabags when he goes abroad my niece moved over to california & she get us to send her over teabags in the mail she even got me to send her some pot noodles over also :roftl:

Blimey, we're not all like that, I take my tea black, no milk or sugar, and and basically, it's a teabag, boiling water, slosh it about a bit, squeeze and voila!

No ritual or mystery, just a good cup of tea! (mug actually!)

I'm a tea-addicted, that's one more thing we have in common ha ha!:naughty:

i just can't stand a day without my daily cup of English Breakfast tea! never tried Earl Grey but now i need to taste it!:biggrin2:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Enfa you're so inspired, today !

And your name is exactly the same that the place I work in ! It upsets me whenever I see a message of yours ! :roftl::roll1:

Things like tht really pisses me off :biggrin2:

I'm fussy when it comes to any tea (can't stand red rose). I love earl grey, but not all earl grey teas are good. You have to find the one you prefer the most.

My perfect cup of tea is - the tea bag has to be put in the cup before the water goes in. Once you pour the water in, let sit for a few seconds (not too long) and strain about five or six time (never leave the tea bag in). Only use one lump of sugar (preferably raw sugar).

The best water you can get in Canada is either the mountain spring water of British Columbia or the well water from Northern Ontario (which are the best tasting waters that I know of), other then that I have to make due with Cedar Springs Bottle water where I am.

But you know I'm French Canadian and I can be weird some time when it comes to making things!

As far as Mika taking his own tea away with him, I know that Noel Gallagher of Oasis does the same thing (HA HA bet they never thought they would have anything in common), he likes Yorkshire Tea.

My mum used to like lemon tea (this was long before Liptons). She would make it as normal and instead of adding milk and sugar she would squeeze half a lemon into it.

Just recently my friend introduced me to Gold tea, it actually has tiny flakes of gold in it, quite an interesting, and aquired, taste.

well it has to be PG Tips for me, made in a tea pot and milk last!

I can't stand sweet tea though, it remind's me of being ill like after you faint and people make you drink sweet tea, yuk. My other half though has three sugars and has it really milky, I call it baby tea!