The: I'm never going to see Mika-thread

EnFa

what I think is really interesting is that the level of success he has had, it's not implausible that Mika could fill an arena, but it all came so quickly, the amount of experience he has of performing live might make such a big show a bit funky if you know what I mean... not funky like Prince but funky like... lions and tigers and bears oh my! not that this is a criticism or anything, it ain't his fault that online media is so amazing for promotion!! but I wonder what his record company will do.

well actually, his record company will probably pop him in an arena so they can sell loads of tickets no doubt.......... but don't you think that's an interesting thing to think about!! I am excited to see him at festivals this year to see what he's like!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what I think is really interesting is that the level of success he has had, it's not implausible that Mika could fill an arena, but it all came so quickly, the amount of experience he has of performing live might make such a big show a bit funky if you know what I mean... not funky like Prince but funky like... lions and tigers and bears oh my! not that this is a criticism or anything, it ain't his fault that online media is so amazing for promotion!! but I wonder what his record company will do.

well actually, his record company will probably pop him in an arena so they can sell loads of tickets no doubt.......... but don't you think that's an interesting thing to think about!! I am excited to see him at festivals this year to see what he's like!!

yes...we'll see (we..I mean those who will be able to go..not me) if he really is such a good performer!

of course I trust in Mika!

*in Mika we trust!*

Stick a fork into my eye, and ruin my life!

He's also going at another danish festival, but's it's at the same time as Roskilde...ewfqpngnbvknæbrknr møgbæ.. arh! I'm so sad now!

I nearly didn't get to go and see him at Manchester, but I read somewhere that this would be one of the few 'intimate' (!) gigs that he would be doing because it won't be long until he is huge, so I was prepared to do anything to get tickets and luckily I did!!! And it was definitely worth it, but I'm sad now because I know I probably won't see him again!!! He was amazing, it felt so unreal to actually see him in the flesh!!! But he sings amazingly live, I'd love to go and see him again X!!! :) :) :)

You know what??

This summer I'm having a trip across Europe with my friends (at least,I hope).

this means more chances to see Mika but....

NONE OF MY FRIENDS LIKE MIKA!!!!

grrrrr..

They can't be human then!

They can't be human then!

:naughty:

no..this situation sucks,really.

they are into other ways of thinking music...

me too I rarely listened pop music but the I discovered mika and..well,the same old story I told a billion times...

ok now I'm getting depressed

I nearly didn't get to go and see him at Manchester' date=' but I read somewhere that this would be one of the few 'intimate' (!) gigs that he would be doing because it won't be long until he is huge, so I was prepared to do anything to get tickets and luckily I did!!! And it was definitely worth it, but I'm sad now because I know I probably won't see him again!!! He was amazing, it felt so unreal to actually see him in the flesh!!! But he sings amazingly live, I'd love to go and see him again X!!! :) :) :)[/quote']

You know what, I am kicking myself SO much now for not bullying one of my friends into going to see him in Manchester in February, because I feel the same - I feel sure now that the only way I'll get to see him live is when he's doing the arenas. It's so annoying!

I would love to go to Leeds May 13th but it is a Sunday night and I'm sorry, but I have kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

And Sou - I couldn't believe the story with your Mum... as a Mum myself I was a bit horrified! Well you stick around here, girl!:thumb_yello:

I don't know if I will see him before he gets really big. I have heard he is touring the US in June, but then again I may not be able to see him if he only tours States that are really far away from me.

That sucks! It's sad the US is sooo big!

This year my best friend is moving to Britain.

I am secretly hoping that she will invite me to her house and take me to Mika's concert. :roftl:

I lent her my CD and she likes Mika now,so I'd better not change her feeling by talking too much about him...!!

Oh im so sorry 4 everyone that cant get to see Mika!!! iv read through this thread and can see how sad everyone is!!! it sucks it really does:thumbdown: The only thing i can say is Mika is gonna b around 4 years so mayb everyone wil get a chance in the future, and I think meeting him is getting harder and harder as he has so many fans now he cant meet everyone!

NEVER SAY NEVER!!! One day you'll definitely get to see him!

I was supposed to move to another country in March, but persuaded my boyfriend to stay another 2 months JUST to see Mika in May! You should have seen the look on his face when I said "I'm staying" :roftl: He's never even heard of the guy! And now here I am changing our plans!!! But many difficult conversations later he gave up! He understood that I'm determined enough and it's important for me! We are moving the next day after the gig and I'm never coming back to London. So, May the 14th is THE ONLY chance for me to see MIKA, and I'll be gutted if I don't meet him after the gig. :blink:

Aww, thanks so much for your support everyone. Maybe I should've talked about it sooner *sigh* It's just such a depressing thing to talk about :sad:

Enfa, if I disappear (which won't happen hopfeully!), I expect y'all to fly over to Kuwait, crash the door down and Mikanap me, LOOOL!

That would be one heck of a sight! :roftl:

I think that..If Mika hears about you and what's going on, he'd do something about it:thumb_yello:

WHYYY?!! WHY'D YOU START THIS THREAD :sad:

It's hard enough living with the disappointment of cancelling my plans to go to Birmingham because my mother is a nutcase of a woman!!!!!!!!!

It's times like this that I really, really hate living in Kuwait. Nobody ever, EVER performs here. Even if Mika were to perform in Dubai, my mother would chop me up in pieces; because of the whole Birmingham ordeal, I'm not allowed to even mention Mika at home - yes she has seriously, SERIOUSLY lost the plot.

This thread made me sad :crybaby:

SOU, I know it's hard for you, but soon you'll be old enough not to depend on your mothers opinion and when you'll get another opportunity to see MIKA, you'll take it!

I know hun. I feel the exact same way right now ! I wanna see him this friday so badly, but I cant find ONE ticket ANYWHERE. But I'm seeing him at the Roskilde Festival. still not the same though. Lille Vega is such a nice cosy & small club compared to huuge roskilde. meh.

SOU, I know it's hard for you, but soon you'll be old enough not to depend on your mothers opinion and when you'll get another opportunity to see MIKA, you'll take it!

I hope you're right...but no matter how old I get, I'm always going to be 10 in her eyes. I'm turning 21 in 3 months - you think that'll make a difference?

I think that..If Mika hears about you and what's going on, he'd do something about it:thumb_yello:

Sou, the charity case :(

I don't think so though, I mean he's got a gazillion other things to think of *sigh*

OMG I KNOW i've seriously cried over this.. he's hardly ever in america and how many shows has he performed here?? 2?? 3?? hardly any and no offense to the many british people in the forums but you can't complain as much compared to the american fans because he is like NEVER HERE! lol but and if he is it's in the big cities where not all of us live!! and i'm worried by the time that me and other fans that don't live in either NYC or LA get to meet him he'll be so famous and popular and blah blah blah he won't be the sweet Mika that all you guys talk about!! it's so sad!!!!