The: I'm never going to see Mika-thread

EnFa

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, everyone! Don't get sad, get glad! I'm sure Mika wouldn't want any of you to cry over him! Imagine how he must feel that he can't get to everyone, and we can't expect him to. He's already lost his voice. So lets get happy! Put on LICM and dance our sorrows away! Yes?

I repeat... Come on, girls. Being sad doesn't do anything other than make you sad. Chins up, now! ^_^ You'll see him some day. Just stay hopeful and you will.

SOU i didn't imagine what you're being on, i'm so sad for you...:emot-sad:

fortunately you can always come here and let yourself let go with us.:wink2:

few weeks ago i found out a website in which you can start a sort of petition to ask a certain musician to perform in your country: if you want i can try to find the url back and give it to you, maybe Mika could come in Dubai, never say never, don't lose your hope sweetie!

Kuwait won't let him in even if he wanted to perform. They aren't as free as Dubai when it comes to concerts. How knows, maybe Dubai is going to be part of his tour in the future - I won't get my hopes up too high though :P hehe

Why wouldn't Kuwait let him play? :blink:

Because some people in the government don't "believe" in concerts and the likes.

PLUS, singing about a gay man is so unacceptable over here, homosexuality is a taboo over here, that's another reason they wouldn't let him play here. :blink: Grrr...I should just run away to England and save myself the hassle :P

I wanna go to London too. So much more opportunity than where I'm at. We should go together and see every single one of his gigs, Sou! :punk:

Gah, I accidentally deleted the post of mine you quoted. *slaps my forehead*

Haha, it's okay :)

Of course we can go together, once I find away to run away from my mother :P lol.

But seriously, I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I mean, who knows, I might, might get to see him live one day. A girl can dream...a girl can dream *sigh*

But seriously, I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I mean, who knows, I might, might get to see him live one day. A girl can dream...a girl can dream *sigh*

You newer know!

Keeping thinking positive helps a lot!

I wouldn't be going to a gig without some lovely people here cheering me up while I was drowning in disbelief...

I could say I remember you being one of them!

Thank you!! ^_^

Because some people in the government don't "believe" in concerts and the likes.

PLUS, singing about a gay man is so unacceptable over here, homosexuality is a taboo over here, that's another reason they wouldn't let him play here. :blink: Grrr...I should just run away to England and save myself the hassle :P

i am sorry...all this sucks..:sneaky2:

I'm actually moving to London for Uni after I graduate next year ^_^ I'm so excited! XD

I really hope he will be coming to the states to tour in june! I mean, jay leno couldn't have been so wrong? Plus, Mika does have a break in his schedule in June.

• 2 months later...
I hope you're right...but no matter how old I get, I'm always going to be 10 in her eyes. I'm turning 21 in 3 months - you think that'll make a difference?

Oh you poor thing!!

I know exactly how you feel...I moved out of home (a stealth mission- to be accurate, where I was sneaked out with a little help from my friends and sister!!) when I was 21, for similar reasons.

My mother felt she had a God given "right" to rule my life, make decisions for me, and decide what I was going to do/not do etc. It was a living hell...I'm talking lock-ins, beatings, emotional blackmail- you name it my mother was it!!

Although, while I was growing up I thought it was "normal" behavior", I always felt that it just wasn't "right"!! But unless you break free and stand on your own two feet, people like that will always impose on you. It helps to have support as well...its never easy to do it on your own...I'm not suggesting that you leave home and break all contact, but it isn't right to have someone (regardless of who they are in relation to you) to have this kind of a hold over you- It's not love and protection, (something everyone has a right to expect from their family, esp. parents) it is unfortunately emotional abuse...

Take Care Sou,

How many of you havent got the opportunity to see Mika live before he's a HUGE star with HUGE stadium concerts!?!?

I HAVENT! OH my oh my! Then I saw he's coming for the Roskilde Festival.. and.. and. ... and... I cam't gooo!!! Not even one day!!!

What about you?!?!?!?

I always think of this!!!

He'll become VERY famous and will be surrounded with lots of bodyguards so I wont be able to meet with him after his HUGE stadium concerts!!!!!!

.. it will be too late for me!! :thumbdown:

• 2 months later...

Yes, indeed this is my WORST FEAR! I am so afraid this is going happen. It is just a matter of time before he totally blows up and yes has tons of body guards and only plays to sold out stadiums and I will n-e-v-e-r get the chance to meet him, or see a show CLOSE. I still have not seen him live and I am about to die! :shocked:

I think mika will continue to play small gigs... occasionally,even when he's a huge star... Why? Because he said he likes small intimate venues better... though stadium gigs would be the symbol of success, I just know he'll always do little things here and there... for us

Not to worry :)

I think mika will continue to play small gigs... occasionally,even when he's a huge star... Why? Because he said he likes small intimate venues better... though stadium gigs would be the symbol of success, I just know he'll always do little things here and there... for us

Not to worry :)

THANK YOU!!! I was starting to get worried that I wouldn't be able to see Mika ever, but hopefully he'll do a small venue in LA or San Diego sometime really soon!!!

Tell me about it. Imagine not being able to talk about Mika at home!!!!! I had to hide all my Mika stuff in fear that mom would do something insane like throwing them away. I even hid the drawing I did!!!!

She said, "You don't want to know what I'll do if I see any of your Mika crap lying around." She's nuts, NUTS I TELL YOU! *sigh*

That's so weird because I'm 42 and my teenagers all think I'm nuts because I'm obsessed with Mika. They threaten to throw my CD out the window every time I play it, which is all the time. I've been listening to it non-stop for over 2 months now. I've had all the young girls in my church group act out the song "Grace Kelly" for our skit at girl's camp and taught it to a bunch of other girls at a youth conference that I was a "House Mommy" for at the University of Toronto last week. They all think I'm crazy too. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not your mother. 2 Mika freaks in the same house would be too much.