Mika in Paris

pierroxe

Well usually we wait between half an hour and an hour between the support act and the headline artist.

I had fun in London at the koko Club, the performance was fine but I thought it was way too short (40minutes) and I heard a few people booing which I totally understand.

Can you post the setlist then ?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he sang the same songs he sang everywhere... Plus the little Champs-Elysées impro (?)...

Relax - intro

Relax

Big Girl

My interpretation

Billy Brown

Over my Shoulder (with Martin second voice)

Everybody's talking cover

Stuck in the Middle

Ring Ring

Love Today (and the awsome final)

Grace Kelly

Lollypop

+ Holy Johnny somewhere in the middle... I think someone will help me with the moment he sang it...

Il y a une chose qui m'a accrochée, vous avez mentionné Jean Paul Gaultier. Vous voulez bien dire le couturier? Juste m'assurer. Parce que si c'est le cas, c'est absolument formidable. Cet homme a une énorme influence. Mika's quickly making friends in high places...

Yes, it was Jean-Paul Gaultier himself ! He said that he listened to Mika in the morning, in the evening coming back home, and also in his car, etc. He absolutly loves him, and he was buying some "Mika stuffs" when we met him...

The T-shirts were 20€, there were some sweaters 45€ and the rosettes were still there, blue, 3€... T-shirts were black or white with some big Mika drawing on them. The sweaters were also black or white, but just with a small drawing in the front... Didn't see the back of it. They were cool.

Sorry to intrude but Jean Paul Guatier was at the concert last night?:shocked: I ADORE him!

Yes he was, and a girl I met there chatted a bit with him ! He's adorable !! She chatted like 5-10 minutes ! But I was so surprised that i didn't even thought about taking a pic (that's so not me...) ! Mmmh... Anyway, I wouldn't like people keeping on asking pics with me... Maybe that's why I don't have the idea... He said he couldn't speak a word of English, so he couldn't sing along the album !! Come on man !! You're one of Madonna's "best friends" (fav designers) !! How can you not speak English ?? :blink:

And you're not intruding !! It's a thread about the concert !! And people keep on speaking French... Not good...

Yes he was, and a girl I met there chatted a bit with him ! He's adorable !! But I was so surprised that i didn't even thought about taking a pic (that's so not me...) ! Mmmh... Anyway, I wouldn't like people keeping on asking pics with me... Maybe that's why I don't have the idea... He said he couldn't speak a word of English, so he couldn't sing along the CD !! Come on man !! You're one of Madonna's "best friends" (fav designers) !! How can you not speak English ?? :blink:

That is a PRETTY COOL fan to have, Gualtier that is!

5-10 min. is a loong time to talk to Jean Paul, in Gaultier time:biggrin2:

and thanks :blush-anim-cl:

i got to be with him during the morgan thing at fun radio..omg..we jst wanted to get in here so bad that we finally did!! And i had seen him on wednesday at the Hit machine..well not really at the hit machine but on the road out of the hit machine!!nice guy, definitly..

No, people didn't boo him... I get your point on "why they should boo" but i think it's not very nice to boo someone, unless there is a big lack of respect : making people wait 45 minutes for you after the support group made me feel a bit fooled... But I don't know how it is normally, and nobody booed for that... A bit of impatience, but nobody moved... So they thought it was short, but explained that with the fact that there were only one album and were satisfied with it ! So where's the problem if people are satisfied with what they get ? No problem...

For the signatures and so on, i really think he's exhausted... Not an excuse for being unnice, but he was absoloutely nice, telling us that he didn't have the time... It's our job to understand that he didn't want to, and not to insist, but i know it's really hard when it's your one and unique occasion to meet the one you've adored for months ! That's why i think you don't adore an artist, but you adore his music, even if it's part of him ! It's the only part you get to see... We don't know the person, and personally, that's why i can't "adore" an artist... And i kinda join Babygirl2a on this point (the other Olivia of the forum :wink2: ), when we talked about "should we/shouldn't we meet our idols" in the French thread...

God !! I'm boring and loooooong !!! :roftl: Sorry for that !

I definitely agree with you on that one...most of us only have one shot to meet Mika and get his autograph, a picture, etc... I think artists including Mika forget that sometimes and don't realize how much that moment might mean to us. I know that it's impossible for him to come close to meeting all his fans (especially since he's rapidly growing in popularity) but I still think he should try his best which he probably is, I guess I shouldn't judge. Anyway, hopefully this just a one time thing and not a habit. That's why I really wish I would get to see him before he becomes too popular...

By the way, you're not boring at all! I liked reading what you had to say about the concert because it was real. I think some people don't like to believe that Mika does anything wrong or bad or whatever the right word is (I think you know what I mean) and all they'll talk about is how great it was, which is fine and may be true for them, but I liked how you were honest about how Mika didn't have much time for the fans (for whatever reason it was.) I would be disappointed if I didn't get my picture with him also.

I definitely agree with you on that one...most of us only have one shot to meet Mika and get his autograph, a picture, etc... I think artists including Mika forget that sometimes and don't realize how much that moment might mean to us. I know that it's impossible for him to come close to meeting all his fans (especially since he's rapidly growing in popularity) but I still think he should try his best which he probably is, I guess I shouldn't judge. Anyway, hopefully this just a one time thing and not a habit. That's why I really wish I would get to see him before he becomes too popular...

By the way, you're not boring at all! I liked reading what you had to say about the concert because it was real. I think some people don't like to believe that Mika does anything wrong or bad or whatever the right word is (I think you know what I mean) and all they'll talk about is how great it was, which is fine and may be true for them, but I liked how you were honest about how Mika didn't have much time for the fans (for whatever reason it was.) I would be disappointed if I didn't get my picture with him also.

I was more feeling like "unfair" than really disappointed actually... Let me explain : at all the gigs before this one, people got their pic with him... So when he said directly going out when someone asked "No, sorry, i don't have time for the pics" I felt "Hey !! But everybody else has one !!" :blush-anim-cl: Like a 4 year-old child... Then i realize it was just ok ! It was not "that" important, and better no pics than a pic he wouldn't want to do and he would like like he didn't want to do it on it !!! Then i had my pic with Cherisse, who was very available, so i didn't feel like it was a bother for her... It's really insane in me : I don't want to bother people (but sometimes, i don't realize i'm a big bother, and feel soooo bad after :thumbdown: ).

Anyway, hope he will be in a better mood after the Olympia, but don't be too disappointed all if he doesn't have the time for the pics !! You will be 3000 and we were 700... If he accepts, GREAT for you all (not good for my primitive jealousy :wink2: ) but i would advise you to consider he won't do any, so if he really accepts, it will be even a GREAT SURPRISE for you all !!

Let's see how it happened in Copenhagen !

Ok... Copenhagen got pics... The war is open... :sneaky2:

Ok... Copenhagen got pics... The war is open... :sneaky2:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: !! Don't worry yoppappop !! Don't forget that he recognised you on the scrapbook ! You are already a privilegiée :biggrin2: !!

I'm upset becoz i wanted to put on the forums the great pics of him my friend has taken, but she still don't have given it to me ... but thosepics are properly amazing since you see him from a 10 centimeters distance :mf_lustslow:

yep yep..this is luck and sass!! perfect combination.

He's is about to become a superstar, that was the perfect time to meet him..

:thumb_yello: you lucky !!! that's great that you could see him !! Did you get pictures of him and with him ??

On the other gigs, he wasn't really leaving when was signing and taking pics... He was getting out to do all this and then was going back inside... Maybe every hope is not lost for you guys :wink2: But 3000 people seems to big to actually believe in it though... Even if the 3000 don't wait for him !! You will never be 6 waiting...

:thumb_yello: you lucky !!! that's great that you could see him !! Did you get pictures of him and with him ??

I have a picture of him and me on my cell, and 2 others jst of him on my cell too. I dnt know how to put them on my pc..

Then Ive another one taken at funradio of him, a friend of mine and me. I shd have taken a pic of his sister but thought it was too much "groupie like"

I have a picture of him and me on my cell, and 2 others jst of him on my cell too. I dnt know how to put them on my pc..

Then Ive another one taken at funradio of him, a friend of mine and me. I shd have taken a pic of his sister but thought it was too much "groupie like"

that'd be great if you could upload them on the computer... Jcrois que t'as besoin d'un cable pour ça :roftl: mais j'y connais rien !

His sister was with him ? :shocked: this guy has really a family sense !! i mean his family is everywhere he goes !!

Lebanese families often are a bit "over-protective" :naughty: !! But i think that's great for him that his family supports him and helps him going through ^___^

that'd be great if you could upload them on the computer... Jcrois que t'as besoin d'un cable pour ça :roftl: mais j'y connais rien !

His sister was with him ? :shocked: this guy has really a family sense !! i mean his family is everywhere he goes !!

Lebanese families often are a bit "over-protective" :naughty: !! But i think that's great for him that his family supports him and helps him going through ^___^

yep, big sense of familly!!

And his sister is so cute, speaks perfectly french!! She was smiling whenever he talked abt familly..so cute

I'll PM u the one pic of funradio ive on my pc..as for the ones on my cell, i'll ask s.o to tell me how to do it!!

Hey arcenciel:wink2: what about that loverboy song...any place on the net I could listen to it? When Mika came out of the Trabendo after the concert a girl told him about that song and Mika was like "What the f***?:blink: How in the world did you get to hear that song?" His reaction was so funny and it made me quite curious about that song...

So sorry you guys didn't get to have pictures with him. Now I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to do so. When we met him after the gig in Montréal, he was also kind of in a hurry but not so much. I mean, he was leaving after this, there was a car waiting for him and actually the guy that was with him (from his record company I suppose) seemed to be much more in a rush than him. He really took time to sign autographs for everyone and get pictures taken with everyone and there were approximately 20 of us waiting for him. We had to wait for an hour and a half in the freezing rain but it was worth it. He really was very nice to everyone and it seemed natural... I mean he didn't seem to be annoyed at all. He didn't seem like he was just being polite.

Great, I was hoping somebody would talk about the after show meeting in Montreal!

I wasn't brave enough to wait for him after the show, could you believe it? I was so tired and feeling bad, just NEEDED to go home!:thumbdown: I saw you all waiting at the door that night and wished for you that he'd come out and be nice to you. My car was parked just next to the door!!! I could have wait there, listening to Mika's music or anything.

Good thing he took the time to make all of you happy!

http://madamephoto.spaces.live.com/ you can have a look at my short report on that night. My photos are really bad (while I keep saying I'm a photographer) because I didn't want to spoil my time playing with a camera.

Good night!

Gen

Hey arcenciel:wink2: what about that loverboy song...any place on the net I could listen to it? When Mika came out of the Trabendo after the concert a girl told him about that song and Mika was like "What the f***?:blink: How in the world did you get to hear that song?" His reaction was so funny and it made me quite curious about that song...

:roftl: :roftl: !! it's a friend who gave me that song, but unfortunately it's not online anymore ... it was only in july last year but the record company l'a enlevée je sais pas trop pourquoi lol !!!

Moi aussi j'ai trouvé ça trop mortel sa réaction !! C'est une de mes chansons préférées jusqu'à présent... Je la trouve très personnelle, elle me rappelle plein de trucs !! quite weird lol !!!