Mika wants us to dress outrageously to the May gigs. What you wearing then???

girlintheblue

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he ? :blink:

Yeah have you not had the email from MIKASOUNDS.COM yet?

Oh dunno what I'll wear. I am hunting down the Holy Grail at the moment of finding a nice pair of jeans that aren't so low that they show my arse (not a pleasant thought!) are not too long as only 5ft 2, don't give me a camel foot,hide my tummy, are not black or very dark blue.

I have 6 pairs of jeans and hate them all at the moment. My muffin tops are splilling over my skinnys and bootcut look too flarey with converse or ballet pumps, too cold for shorts and 3/4 ones look like I'm stood in a hole!!

I hate being me some days!!

xx

Yeah have you not had the email from MIKASOUNDS.COM yet?

Oh dunno what I'll wear. I am hunting down the Holy Grail at the moment of finding a nice pair of jeans that aren't so low that they show my arse (not a pleasant thought!) are not too long as only 5ft 2, don't give me a camel foot,hide my tummy, are not black or very dark blue.

I have 6 pairs of jeans and hate them all at the moment. My muffin tops are splilling over my skinnys and bootcut look too flarey with converse or ballet pumps, too cold for shorts and 3/4 ones look like I'm stood in a hole!!

I hate being me some days!!

xx

Oh no i havnt actually visited there today but i will go now....

I never get those emails :boxed: Only got one promoting Patrick Wolf, what the hell was that :blink: Oh well :sneaky2:

I think that email (Patrick Wolf)was from the record company - Universal not MIKASOUNDS.com so you might have to re-subscribe to get those ones I think I deleted it but will have a looky for you xx

I never get those emails :boxed: Only got one promoting Patrick Wolf, what the hell was that :blink: Oh well :sneaky2:

You know what I agree with "what the hell was all that about with Patrick wolf"!! I think it's just a marketing ploy to promote other bands and artists (coincidently on the same label) off the back of Mika. Ok, Patrick Wolf comes close since he is just as quirky- but the same musical genre? I don't think so...

Mika want's his fans to dress up...ok. And then he wants the dressed up fans to warm up for the gigs by listening to "Pull Tiger Tail"? Get real!! Have you listened to them?? It was announced in the same email that this group would be supporting Mika...

No I won't be dressing up- never have done, never will- but who says I can't enjoy his music without dressing up???

You know what I agree with "what the hell was all that about with Patrick wolf"!! I think it's just a marketing ploy to promote other bands and artists (coincidently on the same label) off the back of Mika. Ok, Patrick Wolf comes close since he is just as quirky- but the same musical genre? I don't think so...

Mika want's his fans to dress up...ok. And then he wants the dressed up fans to warm up for the gigs by listening to "Pull Tiger Tail"? Get real!! Have you listened to them?? It was announced in the same email that this group would be supporting Mika...

No I won't be dressing up- never have done, never will- but who says I can't enjoy his music without dressing up???

First of all thanks Daisylou for posting the email :mf_rosetinted:

And then I have to agree to this post, now what the hell is THAT :sneaky2: I'll warm up listening to Mika thank you very much :blink: And eh...don't dictate me a dress code, then I'll dress as the girl at the local library :blink: I really don't like people telling me what to do, if people went out and dressed up "outrageously" because they found it fun then it would be really charming, but if people dress up because Mika(sounds) requests it then it becomes just some sort of publicity stunt to me :blink:

sorry rant over, I'll find a potted plant to wear as hat now :mf_rosetinted:

I would love to dress up as a lollipop girl but am too old and fat!!

Never mind will find something to wear I'm sure! xx

what about just wearing really bright colours? Know what you mean about jeans, I went for years not being happy with any jeans I bought, but now go to New Look and H&M - can recommend!

yeah same here.. weird.

the same here. Maybe they send them according to nationality? No MIKA's gig in italy in MAy!!

another quick thought: maybe Mika is loosing control on his career? It may be like this when one is growing so much and bringing so much money...

or maybe he agrees with all this, he promotes it all...in this case we are talking of another person down here.

final thought: i'll love him fovever and listen to his music till i fall to the ground dead. AMEN

A thought about Patrick Wolf: when I received the email, i deleted immediately without reading because I was afraid it was a virus...no MIkasounds sender mentioned!!

As you say he is Universal as MIka, now think that Mika's newsletter on Mikasounds might be a fake.:sneaky2:

Dark, obscure thoughts are haunting me tonight :shocked:

never got anything from patrick. typical of me LOL

I won't say I'll dress outrageously, but a little colourful.. yes.. try at least

and I agree much of the record company merchandising campaign is in control of the publicists rather than our boy.

never got anything from patrick. typical of me LOL

I won't say I'll dress outrageously, but a little colourful.. yes.. try at least

and I agree much of the record company merchandising campaign is in control of the publicists rather than our boy.

Kill me Avoca: how many gigs have you planned to go to???:shocked:

<snif> Milan will be the first and the last for me <sigh>

Yes, I agree re Patrick Wolf. I'd love to think that Mika was sitting on a plane listening to Patrick Wolf and wanting to tell everyone how good he is. However, as PW is on same label, he was either 'persuaded' to do that by record company or that whole letter was a bit of a sham.

The dressing outrageously thing is another publicity stunt of course, but I guess publicity stunts are part of the whole showbiz thang. As long as it's not manipulative like the PW thing, then I don't mind.

I know it's a part of the whole thing, but they are pushing it a bit at the moment aren't they :boxed: I was actually making a t-shirt for tomorrow, but after I read this I don't feel like doing it anymore :emot-sad: I know I shouldn't be even thinking this, but I am...I don't wanna be a clown in cirkus Mika, I have my own cirkus...This is spoiling my fun and I'm quite annoyed with it :blink:

1 for now, robertina, maybe two but not sure about the second, i have to check the dates :wink2:

i say and it's just my humble opinion: go colourful and funny if you had ALREADY planned to do that, otherwise if that doesn't suit your style, then don't do it. it'd be fake and it'd make you all feel uncomfortable. so I say dare if you feel like it, not case you're told.

and this is general meant, not addressed to anyone in specific, nor mika is blaimed as the source of this, which I agree has lots to do with the publicity stunt.

i wont be dressing up ! ive got to make my way home alone in glasgow i`d get the pish taken outta me for sure + its a night out for me as i don`t get out much so i like to try and look half descent going out at night

I guess it depends what he means by dressing up. On another thread, the one with the girl asking him a question on the radio - he said to dress up in costumes or something????? That's above and beyond I'm afraid. If he wants to dress as a lion, then fair play to him, but things are a little different for us making our way home after the gig!!!!!!!!

I guess it depends what he means by dressing up. On another thread, the one with the girl asking him a question on the radio - he said to dress up in costumes or something????? That's above and beyond I'm afraid. If he wants to dress as a lion, then fair play to him, but things are a little different for us making our way home after the gig!!!!!!!!

:lmao: Oh how I would love to go to a pub after the gig with a bunch of people dressed up like pinguins and whatnot on a random day in May :yay: