Holy Johnny!

natie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: :roftl: (about the clapping/screaming)

I'm confused now Olivia about what video was taken down? A Holy Johnny one? It's not really important, I'm just curious.

But aside from that, he's begun performing new things slowly already... it's out there because of these videos, his people know that and they want to promote him. I think sometimes appearing to not be obviously involved in the promotion of something, brings in a wider audience then if it's force fed. They have more to gain from independent interest in Mika (youtube,etc.). I've babbled for too long, off topic, sorry.

I don't think we're off-topic : we're still talking about Holy Johnny... :wink2:

The thing is : i agree with you about foce fed... But (alas) we don't live in Wonderland, and the promotion that the company is not doing is money that is lost for them...

The 1st video of Holy Johnny, someone mentioned it on page 1 and said he/she couldn't find it anymore... I know i've seen it just after the gig he sang it at, but haven't looked for it anymore after that. And i read somewhere else that the video had been removed from youtube because the company said they didn't want this one on youtube.

That's my point... But maybe they've changed their mind, or maybe i didn't get it the 1st time and they will let this one on !

I don't think we're off-topic : we're still talking about Holy Johnny... :wink2:

The thing is : i agree with you about foce fed... But (alas) we don't live in Wonderland, and the promotion that the company is not doing is money that is lost for them...

The 1st video of Holy Johnny, someone mentioned it on page 1 and said he/she couldn't find it anymore... I know i've seen it just after the gig he sang it at, but haven't looked for it anymore after that. And i read somewhere else that the video had been removed from youtube because the company said they didn't want this one on youtube.

That's my point... But maybe they've changed their mind, or maybe i didn't get it the 1st time and they will let this one on !

The only 2 videos of Holy Johnny I've ever known of (both put up by members)are still on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3qujcjnSYY&mode=related&search=

I've never searched for more.:naughty:

I have no idea how the music businesss works so I trust what you say-plus it makes sense. I was only thinking that because there is so much money involved, people in charge would have a very good idea of the consumer mentality/psychology in mind in deciding how to make the most profit off of any artist...(subtle techniques) so not really wonderland, much more sinister/practical I thought:roftl:

Well if your videos are still on, i guess i was wrong... :wink2:

And i think they make more profit selling the image than selling discs... But it's only suppositions...

I can't get the youtube videos to play either. I reckon they have definitely been blocked.

It's a liitle frustrating BUT I'm not too upset because in a way I'd like to discover his new stuff a bit later in the year so that the second album sounds fresh when it does eventually come out. I'm afraid of Mika burn-out/overload etc!!:naughty:

I can see them too... My theory is totally brought down :roftl: I get out with dignity, though... :naughty:

No, I think your right about image selling better... look at Marilyn Monroe! Her estate is worth A LOT today and it's not because the movies are selling so well:wink2: :biggrin2:

some1 says that Holy Johnny is a xmas song, a cover but i should have read in a interview that is a new song.mika sings new songs on the stage to see people reaction but his songs are always awesome!:wink2::naughty:

hope that some1 put the mp3 on the internet cos i want it!:mf_lustslow:

Is this ok? http://www.dailymotion.com/TheOlive31/mika That's just what Olive31 put up.

I feel awful I can't be more helpful Sou, especially after all the downloads you've made possible:o

It's alright, turns out DM isn't blocked on campus! YAY! The video worked....BUT I couldn't hear a thing; there's no audio on the computer at uni! LOL! GRRRR!! Oh well...*sigh*

Lovely! In the beginning, I thought he was gonna puke when he started to talk :shocked::roftl:

Oh ! That part part funny too... Martin started playing another song cause Holy Johnny wasn't on the setlist... But as we were veeeeeeeeeery kind (or had they forgotten to print Holy Johnny on the setlist ?), he decided to play it... And he said it at the moment he decided so Martin started to play the next one on the list, which wasn't Holy Johnny... Am i making myself clear ?? I'm so not sure... :blink:

Anyway, you can see it, and it's funny...

• 2 weeks later...

I love the song!! :thumb_yello:

Only one question though..

Why is there a note written under it that says it may offend people? :blink:

Maybe it's because english isn't my first language, but doesn't it mean that people may be shocked over this song or what? :shocked:

And if it is... my question is why? Becouse he sings about his friend becoming a priest and he doesn't like it, because of that he lost him? :blink:

Well, I must say, I'm a christian and I didn't find it offensive or shocking at all... I loved it... (and not just because I'm a Mikamaniac!!:roftl: )