Mika on French Interview

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a very nice interview! thank you for posting!

too bad i haven't understood pretty much anything LOL :blush-anim-cl:

ooh, i want his necklace!!!!

have you noticed he's wearing a belt???:blink:

Translation of the interview !! It's really an old interview !! :shocked:

Mika : how are you ?

the interviewer : great, what about you ?

Mika : do you want something to drink ?

the interviewer : yeah a glass of water !

*grace kelly*

since three years, this song of Mika, named "Grace Kelly" has been spread all over the world !

Mika : I've traveled a lot in two weeks! in sweden, norwege, London, Texas, Quebec...

the interviewer : the singer has therefore a full timetable, but that doesn't prevent him from caring about his look !

Mika : i'm gonna change my clothes !

he changes his pull-over, he brushes his hair, and five minutes later ...

the interviewer : some say that you are the king of pop !

Mika : oye oye oye ! no comment ! it's ridiculous !

the interviewer : not so ridiculous since his first album is number one in Britain and number 2 in Canada, mostly because of the first song : Grace Kelly

*Grace Kelly*

the interviewer : Grace Kelly is a revenge towards all the people who wanted you to be someone who you aren't ?

Mika : Exactly ! Especially a revenge towards a record company in London. They told me that what i did was completely impossible to sell !

" i tried to be like grace kelly you know, but all her looks were too sad , so I try a little freddie , I've gone identity mad !"

the interviewer : and the reference of freddie, it's for "freddie mercury" and for queen !

Mika : people compared me a lot to him, even before i did this album

the interviewer : Why that?

Mika : because of the voice !

The interviewer : he looks like freddie mercury because of his voice and because of his energy on stage, and we could see that this week in Montreal

*relax, take it easy*

he had made the crowd go mad, especially with the song " relax take it easy"

the interviewer : it's gonna be your next single !

Mika : maybe yeah !

the interviewer : you never thought of that ?

*mika laughs*

mika : yeah maybe ...

But before the summer, you're surely gonna hear a lot more "grace kelly", mika's first success which is out next week in the US

we bet that this young prodigy is going to travel a lot more !

*mika shows his watches*

the interviewer : which hours do you have ?

Mika : well, i've got France , Great Britain, and i have normally a third one ...

the interviewer : you're right, because the whole world lives at mika's time !

Mika : Kerchingggggg-A !!!

Thanks for the vid!

Arcenciel, thanks a bunch for the translation, the video's audio is a bit muffled, I salute you for being able to hear what they said, bravo! hehe

Thanks for the vid!

Arcenciel, thanks a bunch for the translation, the video's audio is a bit muffled, I salute you for being able to hear what they said, bravo! hehe

well in fact i really had a hard time translating it since it's not even french they're talking but it's canadian french, which is slightly different !! :roftl:

i hope my translation was understandable though :boxed: !!

Thanks for this Nailia, haven't seen it before. Thank you also for the radio interview you posted for Mireille ... listening to it right now:thumb_yello:

you're welcome! :wink2:

I thought I'd do a translation of the Canadian interview...here it is!

How are you?

Great, and you? (He says "vous in French, it's you but more polite)

Yeah! Is it your first time in Montreal?

Or maybe "tu" (you, but more friendly version), can I say "tu"? It's easier.

Yes! Is it your first time in Montreal?

Yeah, it's my first time.

And so far how do you think it is?

It's really great.

(Bit of Grace Kelly)

We're gonna talk about influences, because obviously when someone's new...

Influences! There we go! Tell me!

No, no, no! I'll just tell you names, and you just answer "yes" or "no" it's gonna be very easy!

Wham?

No.

No?

No...Wham?!

Yeah

No...

The Bee Gees?

Not much.

ABBA?

A little; I like their songs.

The Scissor Sisters?

Oh yeah, I like it, it's good. It's not a huge influence, but there are a lot of similarities between us.

There's a lot of speculation over your sexual orientation. Are you surprised?

Very surprised! I'm very surprised that in 2007, this can be something over which everyone is fighting just to know about it...It's a bit too much.

(Interviewer sings Love Today...and then Mika's amazing laugh:naughty:)

When did you know you could sing like this?

Hmm...I don't know, it was an accident.

You were messing around and..

Sorry?

You were messing around and then you realized you could sing that high?

No, one day, I went to see my friends in a bar, and I started talking like this (does a high pitched voice), and I discovered I had another voice, no, I'm kidding...I don't know! I..I...I don't know, honestly, I don't know, it was completely an accident.

Well, thank you very much! I wish you the best luck.

Thanks to you, to YOU!

First of all arcenciel is absolutely right you did a great translation. you understood very well what they said. :thumb_yello:

Manon from Montreal merci d'avoir respecter l'intégrité de l'entrevue.

great job nailia speaking french canadian is relatively ease since mika can do it. it's not that hard to understand. :thumb_yello:

hehe thank you...i'm not very used to québec french, but the interviewer didn't seem to have a very heavy accent

don't you think that sometimes mika picks up on her accent in the interview?:naughty: it's so cute haha:bleh:

hehe thank you...i'm not very used to québec french, but the interviewer didn't seem to have a very heavy accent

don't you think that sometimes mika picks up on her accent in the interview?:naughty: it's so cute haha:bleh:

I did! its pretty cool lol.

thx nailia and arcenciel for the translation... you did a very good job of translating canadian french ! well actually it's not very different from french from France... the accent is different and a couple of expressions too but it's still french ! I don't know why but I noticed that people from France have a harder time understanding our accent than us understanding their accent... it's strange ! Thankfully Mika didn't have any problem at all with it !

and the first interview (the one on youtube) is not that old, it's from when he was here in Montréal less than a month ago...

thx for posting those, I missed them on TV... there's also a cool interview that aired on Musimax, I got it on VHS but I don't have a camera with sound so I can't post it on the internet and so far nobody has...

yeah he said once in an interview that he had an airport accent... that he has a hard time stabilizing it and that he often changes depending who he's speaking with...

I was watching this interview and he said since he "doesn't really belong anywhere" he tends to copy his interviewer's accent <3 Love it!!!

Btw thanks for the translations!! You're amazing!