so Mika is 6' (1.83 m)tall

paula.pop

tee hee you guys like to act differently, with the €/£ thing and such :biggrin2:

Metric is slowly taking over here now. My parents can only think in imperial. Me, I was taught metric at school but still think in both. My kids can only think in metric, they don't know what an inch or a pound is!!

So soon, we will be fully metric in our habits, I think.

As for the Euro - I wouldn't mind having it here but many are dead against it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metric is slowly taking over here now. My parents can only think in imperial. Me, I was taught metric at school but still think in both. My kids can only think in metric, they don't know what an inch or a pound is!!

I don't understand why:mf_rosetinted: . It would be so much easier for exchanges and such. But I guess people want to maintain traditions. Once I held a pound coin. It is really heavy:shocked: !

A lot of dutch were also really against the introduction of the euro, still are actually. My husband and I are one of them; in a lot of cases, in the supermarket e.g. I still count back the amount of euro to guilders.

I saw Mika on Saturday and when he was standing in front of me the first thing I thought was "He's not that tall at all" :blink: But maybe it's because I live in the Netherlands and the dutch people are tall people :naughty: I'm 178 cm tall :wink2:

I saw Mika on Saturday and when he was standing in front of me the first thing I thought was "He's not that tall at all" :blink: But maybe it's because I live in the Netherlands and the dutch people are tall people :naughty: I'm 178 cm tall :wink2:

That quit tall for a girl, Starrats! (Heey, OMG I just noticed that you can write your (nick)name bacwards......Must have been quite a lucid moment for me....:naughty: )

He's deffinetley not 6ft tall :wink2:

I'm around 6' - 6' 1" and he's say...2 to 3 inches taller than me

He didn't seem much taller when I talked to him,but there was a deffinete difference :bleh:

:shocked:

You are tall Ioana!!!

You are probably the only girl on here who could kiss the Mikster without provoking a chronic neck injury. I hate you.

Mind you I once had a boyfriend who was 6'5" and I'm only 5'5" and my neck is fine :wink2: But that was long ago..

That quit tall for a girl, Starrats! (Heey, OMG I just noticed that you can write your (nick)name bacwards......Must have been quite a lucid moment for me....:naughty: )

When I made up my nickname I didn't noticed that right away either :naughty:

And I always thought that I was small for a dutch girl :blink: