2007 - Article from a lebanese paper

sunshine931

this article is great even though the journalist made some mistakes :thumb_yello: . I'm okay if you want me to translate it..... but it's gonna take some time so tell me if it's worth it :wink2:

EDIT :: oops i hadn't seen someone had already done it !!! great !!! ^___^

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked your translation violet sky and it was great for someone that french and english are not the first language ! I'm really impressed !!! I just made some precisions here and there (in red) of some expressions... mainly it things you translated litteraly from french to english but don't have the same meaning... I don't know if you understand what I mean... but great job wow !!! :thumb_yello:

At the age of 23 years he disports himself in the international charts. With him a real musical phenomenon blows over the blond Albion. His records have been on top of sales for more than three weeks in the UK and his concerts are sold out. Without any doubt you have spotted him for his smart clips touched by a certain infantile grace have already conquered the TV screens. We are talking about Mika, the Lebano-american star who is literally bringing down the house at the moment; his tune Grace Kelly is flooding the radio stations. It is a tune of light notes like a myriad of soap bubbles, a tune hummed by everybody in regained joy and contagiously good mood – an ode to life.

Brown tousled haired like Caravage’s archangels with voluminous lips and hazel eyes, skinny like a string, always tending to act like a clown or act like a juggler with his braces, today Mika represents the symbol of youth and at the same time the voice of a new generation. A couraged, talented generation not caring about conventions or taboos…

A voice leaving beaten paths, full of coloratura and astonishing modulations. A voice without fear of climbing heights, even if it means facing the challenge of head voice as well as falsetto all in tune! Without any doubt there is a very talented compositian, singer and entertainer behind those unconventional and extraordinary vocal Tricks like those of the Bee Gees or Freddy Mercury.

Born in Beirut in 1984, Mika has a lebanese mother and an americain father. And his first name is nothing but the Finnish version of Michael…The singer was supposed to start an opera career but while flirting outrageously with pop music his life took a lucky turn. He confesses: “In Beirut we were listening to Feyrouz and Oum Kalsoun as well as to Serge Gainsbourg and Nina Simone… »

Is that the key of his success, to meddle the genres in such a clever way? Mixing lines, choirs, gospel and piano chords ? As far as the piano is concerned, Mika is one of those artists knowing all the secrets of the ivory keys ; at the latest we become aware of the fact that Bach and Fauré were part of his leisure time as soon as his fingers tap the keyboard…

Coming from a well-off social class, Mika leaves Beirut with his parents to move to Paris and later to London. Studying there at College of Music while preparing to be a singer at the Opera House. But fate made another decision. His first three ( ?) singles (Relax, Take it Easy et Grace Kelly), were influenced by an impulsive inspiration, dynamic humour and poetry. All of that held together by an impressive sense of rhythm, imagination and a certain, “very british†sophistication.

And it is a frantic success. Critics and the press get hold of that phenomenon and compare it to the Scissor Sisters, Prince and Michael Jackson, to mention only some. And the train on the way to glory is launching with his first album succeeding everywhere: Life in Cartoon Motion. And it is still a very young career, very promising… Highly colored music, just like the person embodying it…

With Mika ruling over the tunes, it is just superdynamic. A real bubble bath. It makes us feel like moving, snapping our fingers, tapping our feet, dancing and singing… A beautiful mix of rock and pop that at the same time ackowledges the classical background of the young man who obviously knows very well that music is his life…

...journalists.... :insane:

I guess the author thought about Mika Hakkinen who is from Finland.... and just had the idea that the origin of that name must be there....

I know, I hate when they do that!! -.-

Sunshine 931, thank you! :)

• 1 year later...
tried a quick translation (though ist wasn't that easy for neither french nor english is my mothertongue - so it is a little like french-grammar-lousy-english-trial) ... :wink2:

it is only the first part....

SUCCESS STORY – London’s new lebano-american heartthrob

Mika, or the ode to life

At the age of 23 years he disports himself in the international charts. With him a real musical phenomenon blows over the blond Albion. His records have been on top of sales for more than three weeks in the UK and his concerts are sold out. Without any doubt you have spotted him for his smart clips touched by a certain infantile grace have already conquered the TV screens. We are talking about Mika, the Lebano-american star who is literally breaking through all barricades at the moment (hope I got the sense ;o); his tune Grace Kelly is flooding the radio stations. It is a tune of light notes like a myriad of soap bubbles, a tune hummed by everybody in regained joy and contagiously good mood – an ode to life.

Brown tousled haired like Caravage’s archangels with voluminous lips and hazel eyes, skinny like a string, always tending to give the clown or the juggler in braces, today Mika represents the symbol of youth and at the same time the voice of a new generation. A couraged, talented generation not caring about conventions or taboos…

A voice leaving beaten paths, full of coloratura and astonishing modulations. A voice without fear of climbing heights, imperturbably leaving behind head voice as well as falsetto all in tune! Without any doubt there is a very talented compositian, singer and entertainer behind those unconventional and extraordinary vocal Tricks due to the Bee Gees or Freddy Mercury.

Born in Beirut in 1984, Mika has a lebanese mother and an americain father. And his first name is nothing but the Finnish version of Michael…

wow this must be one the most positive, beautifully written articles ever:wub2:

tried a quick translation (though ist wasn't that easy for neither french nor english is my mothertongue - so it is a little like french-grammar-lousy-english-trial) ... :wink2:

it is only the first part....

SUCCESS STORY – London’s new lebano-american heartthrob

Mika, or the ode to life

At the age of 23 years he disports himself in the international charts. With him a real musical phenomenon blows over the blond Albion. His records have been on top of sales for more than three weeks in the UK and his concerts are sold out. Without any doubt you have spotted him for his smart clips touched by a certain infantile grace have already conquered the TV screens. We are talking about Mika, the Lebano-american star who is literally breaking through all barricades at the moment (hope I got the sense ;o); his tune Grace Kelly is flooding the radio stations. It is a tune of light notes like a myriad of soap bubbles, a tune hummed by everybody in regained joy and contagiously good mood – an ode to life.

Brown tousled haired like Caravage’s archangels with voluminous lips and hazel eyes, skinny like a string, always tending to give the clown or the juggler in braces, today Mika represents the symbol of youth and at the same time the voice of a new generation. A couraged, talented generation not caring about conventions or taboos…

A voice leaving beaten paths, full of coloratura and astonishing modulations. A voice without fear of climbing heights, imperturbably leaving behind head voice as well as falsetto all in tune! Without any doubt there is a very talented compositian, singer and entertainer behind those unconventional and extraordinary vocal Tricks due to the Bee Gees or Freddy Mercury.

Born in Beirut in 1984, Mika has a lebanese mother and an americain father. And his first name is nothing but the Finnish version of Michael…

part two: something like that:

The singer was supposed to start an opera career but while flirting outrageously with pop music his life took a lucky turn. He confesses: “In Beirut we were listening to Feyrouz and Oum Kalsoun as well as to Serge Gainsbourg and Nina Simone… »

Is that the key of his success, to meddle the genres in such a clever way? Mixing lines, choirs, gospel and piano chords ? As far as the piano is concerned, Mika is one of those artists knowing all the secrets of the ivory keys ; at the latest we become aware of the fact that Bach and Fauré were part of his leisure time as soon as his fingers tap the keyboard…

Coming from a well-off social class, Mika leaves Beirut with his parents to move to Paris and later to London. Studying there at College of Music should prepare him for a singing career at the Opera House. But fate made another decision. His first three ( ?) singles (Relax, Take it Easy et Grace Kelly), were influenced by an impulsive inspiration, dynamic humour and poetry. All of that held together by an impressive sense of rhythm, imagination and a certain, “very british” sophistication.

And it is a frantic success. Critics and the press get hold of that phenomenon and compare it to the Scissor Sisters, Prince and Michael Jackson, to mention only some. And the train on the way to glory is launching with his first album succeeding everywhere: Life in Cartoon Motion. And it is still a very young career, very promising… Highly colored music, just like the person embodying it…

With Mika ruling over the tunes, it is just superdynamic. A real bubble bath. It makes us feel like moving, clicking our fingers, tapping our feet, dancing and singing… A beautiful mix of rock and pop, all accusing the classical background of the young man who obviously knows very well that music is his life

WOW! thats a great article indeed!

Thank you very much for posting, translating and bumping!! :wub2:

gonna save it :wink2:

WOW! thats a great article indeed!

Thank you very much for posting, translating and bumping!! :wub2:

gonna save it :wink2:

gonna save it as well:thumb_yello:

this article is so special because it is not just positive but it is written in such a poetic way:wub2: plus it's from a lebanese paper!