The Mutt Club Official Headquarters

Shontih

people thought I was from Turkey.

do ya know how annoying it is?? -.- for me it was LoL

some said i looked Spanish, French, Italian

but the guessing part was funny hihi :D xD

i asked my dad how my english accent was...

a tad filipino....erhh..maybe norwegian??

tihi xD

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as I am mostly white, I do look like an average caucasian and I often wish I showed my mediterranean and hispanic roots more. I look too average as I am =P

In america the race thing is kind of funny. Many minorities have something against white people so its a bit strange, the hatred directed at me from the hispanic and black communities. They don't like me until they find out I am part hispanic. And then the white people either dislike me for not being purebred or envy me my diversity. lol Its just... odd.

We'll stick together!!! Mutts United!

me loves this thread! :thumb_yello:

both my parents are algerian, with a dash of italian, but i grew up and live in france with both cultures (which i think is super cool by the way!) does this make me a mutt??

haha maybe mutts are cursed/blessed with what Mika calls "airport accent"s

My dad grew up in arizona and has bit of what some might call a country or redneck accent so when I talk to him, I take on that sort of twang. Not meaning to or anything, it just happens. Then, like most of the west coast region, I also have a non-descript american accent, but I also have reportedly a bit of new york and boston accents and on occasion a british accent. Like there are certain words that I have always said with a NY, Boston, or british accent. Somehow, those words just seeped into my head with those specific accents. I also, because I have lived with my mum and she's from Chile and not a native english speaker, taken on a bit of my mummy's latin accent. How I've managed this is beyond me. lol I just tend to adapt to whatever accent it prominent in the conversation.

Hmm...well my parents aren't native English speakers so they're accents are kind of weird, my mother has a somewhat British accent because according to my grandfather, "that's what real English should sound like". Even though I attended a British school here in Kuwait and was taught by British teachers, I developed an American accent. How? From watching so many American TV shows :P This has seriously screwed up my a)grammar b)spelling (color, colour) c) accent (room kinda sounds like 'rum'). Oh not to forget, I mix Arabic while speaking English sometimes like, "Eftah the bab" "eftah=open" and "bab=door". lol

Ahh...the life of a mutt :bleh:

Hmm...well my parents aren't native English speakers so they're accents are kind of weird, my mother has a somewhat British accent because according to my grandfather, "that's what real English should sound like". Even though I attended a British school here in Kuwait and was taught by British teachers, I developed an American accent. How? From watching so many American TV shows :P This has seriously screwed up my a)grammar b)spelling (color, colour) c) accent (room kinda sounds like 'rum'). Oh not to forget, I mix Arabic while speaking English sometimes like, "Eftah the bab" "eftah=open" and "bab=door". lol

Ahh...the life of a mutt :bleh:

haha i do this too in arabic, i mix french and arabic and english sometimes! but since i live in a north african community in france, we always mix up both languages. and i guess it had to do with the fact that Algeria was French some time ago and they kept some words from French....lol anyways...

and i'm feeling really messed up these days because i can't seem to find the right word in french so i say it in english instead. oh, and Sou, you're right, American TV shows definitely screw up the accent...we are taught British English in French schools but I've definitely picked up on the accent from the shows I watch....

haha maybe mutts are cursed/blessed with what Mika calls "airport accent"s

:biggrin2:

In Australia people thought I was American. Even people from the States. :blink:

I remember one day in Melbourne I had this conversation with an American guy. I told him I was from Holland but I think he missed that part. So in the middle of the conversation (after about half an hour) his reaction to something I asked him was: 'What? That is something you should know, you are from the States!' Ehm... sorry to disappoint you, but I am not. :biggrin2:

My boyfriend speaks a real English sort of English. He lived in England for two years. His English sounds much better than mine. But he is as Dutch as a windmill. :biggrin2:

me loves this thread! :thumb_yello:

both my parents are algerian, with a dash of italian, but i grew up and live in france with both cultures (which i think is super cool by the way!) does this make me a mutt??

Cool! We're both Northern Africans! :) Ahlan beeki (hope you understood that! hehe)

haha I think the same happens with me as far as my british words and grammar. I always want to add a "u" to everything :naughty: And then I use words that people have never heard here in America and get some odd looks. I can't help it, I watch british tv, read english books etc.

haha thats great ^_^ eftah the bab :naughty: I sometimes do that with spanish, and the worse part is I'm not even fluent in spanish so no perks with the screw ups. :thumbdown:

I prefer reading books written by British authors, I don't know, they're just different, hehe.

Haha, I just asked my brother to "pick up the ketab" (ketab=book). Sometimes I envy my brother, he speaks better Arabic than I do, and his Egyptian is better than mine. When the Gulf war broke out in Kuwait we moved to Egypt for a year, my brother picked up accent/language since he was a year old then and I was four, I had already grasped English as a first language; I only started to learn Arabic at five/six. :blink:

haha i do this too in arabic, i mix french and arabic and english sometimes! but since i live in a north african community in france, we always mix up both languages. and i guess it had to do with the fact that Algeria was French some time ago and they kept some words from French....lol anyways...

and i'm feeling really messed up these days because i can't seem to find the right word in french so i say it in english instead. oh, and Sou, you're right, American TV shows definitely screw up the accent...we are taught British English in French schools but I've definitely picked up on the accent from the shows I watch....

Eh dah! Betetkalemi Arabic?! Omg...finally someone else over here!! *whoops in joy* I can't believe it, I am no longer a lingo-outsider! hehehe

I'd be so pleased if I spoke proper english english lol Maybe after I've been in London for uni for a few years I'll have picked up proper english ^_^

haha so what shows do you lot watch that have given you american accents?

Hmm...I can't really remember the ones I watched as a young girl, those were the ones I picked up the accent from. :)

Welcome!!

We got to talking about this in another thread and my fellow mutts were coming out of the woodwork haha :wink2: There are a good few of us, Mica, the man himself, included. I thought, why not bite the bullet and make the Mutt Club official. Mutts and mutt-lovers alike can always feel welcome here! This a place for all Mika fans to come and have a mutt-tastic good time, discussing whatever we fancy while showing love for our mixed brothers and sisters. :thumb_yello:

Well, to start us off, how 'bout the mutts here share their heritage?

I'll start. ^_^ I am American, Chilean, Italian, Spanish, French, American Indian and German. My father is American by birth, German and (slightly) American Indian by blood. My mummy is Chilean by birth, Italian, Spanish, and (slightly) French by blood. :biggrin2:

Now, who else wants to share?

A memberlist is in order, I imagine:

1.Shontih

2.Jonahwood

3.nicole

4.blue

5.Sasje

6.Zahara

7.Sarah_loves_mika

8.AshleyMiranda

9.Sou

10.nikoulini

11.Ms.Mewissa<33

I'M A MUTT!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!!!!

I am three quater english and quater italian.

and i also like japanese music.

but i dont think that counts.

LOL.

Eh dah! Betetkalemi Arabic?! Omg...finally someone else over here!! *whoops in joy* I can't believe it, I am no longer a lingo-outsider! hehehe

naraaf l'aarbia shwiya! (was that right lol? i'm so hopeless at writing arabic in latin characters...well i don't write arabic either...shame on me...:thumbdown: ...i only know spoken arabic, and the dialect we speak is so different from what i hear on tv, on chanels from the middle east and other arabic-speaking countries...i just wish i could take lessons to learn proper grammar and writing)

woooooh! :D

a lot of us are Mutts!!

i used to love Korean music too xD

i think A1 was Korean???? well i used to love them ahah

O_O i hate them

A1?!?!? Korean?!?! Are we thinking of the rights guys lmao? coz if we are...they well weren't Korean lol!

naraaf l'aarbia shwiya! (was that right lol? i'm so hopeless at writing arabic in latin characters...well i don't write arabic either...shame on me...:thumbdown: ...i only know spoken arabic, and the dialect we speak is so different from what i hear on tv, on chanels from the middle east and other arabic-speaking countries...i just wish i could take lessons to learn proper grammar and writing)

Hahaha, betetkalemi Arabi Jaza'eri! Bafham shwaya :) You're right, your Arabic is different to Egyptian, Lebanese and Middle Eastern dialects! My written Arabic isn't very good actually, it looks as if a 5 year old wrote it :P lol Proper grammar? Hun, no matter how hard you try, you'll always mix grammar from Algerian, French and English together!

Ooh! I'm so jealous of you all! And Sou, I didn't know you learned English as your first language! Lucky you!:shocked: I'd love to have ancestors from England or France or Italia or wherever!

I'm just three quartes Estonian and a quarter Finnish:blink: Not very interesting.... :naughty:

Mutts rock!:punk:

Ooh! I'm so jealous of you all! And Sou, I didn't know you learned English as your first language! Lucky you!:shocked: I'd love to have ancestors from England or France or Italia or wherever!

I'm just three quartes Estonian and a quarter Finnish:blink: Not very interesting.... :naughty:

Mutts rock!:punk:

Not as lucky as you think! I find it really hard to express my thoughts in Arabic because I end up translating from English to Arabic and the grammar sounds AWFUL! hehe

And being a quarter Finnish is interesting!!! I mean, a molecule of anything different is interesting! hehe It adds more character :wink2:

Not as lucky as you think! I find it really hard to express my thoughts in Arabic because I end up translating from English to Arabic and the grammar sounds AWFUL! hehe

And being a quarter Finnish is interesting!!! I mean, a molecule of anything different is interesting! hehe It adds more character :wink2:

Yeh! This might me a bit confusing..... but .... why did you learn English as your first language? Are your parents English or maybe one of them?

Yeh! This might me a bit confusing..... but .... why did you learn English as your first language? Are your parents English or maybe one of them?

I don't have any English roots at all (well none that I know about :P lol). My parents wanted me to learn English first because as my mother explained, "you'd pick up Egyptian naturally as you grew up". My parents just wanted me to have a strong command of English from an early age; little did they know that I'd struggle with my Arabic when I grew up. Something's gotta give...something's always gotta give *sigh*