MIKA @ Oxegen Festival - Dublin

Yoppappop

Every time I see a new post on here, I think

ooo he's cancelled,

and then I see you are discussing the weather not the gig!!:roftl:

Stop making me panic...and I am not even going to the concert!!

So far NOT cancelled. Only a few hours till we know for sure. Oh the fallout from this is going to take up many many threads....:bleh:

ah ah me too Blue Sky! we just need to wait few hours and we could see how the boy is...i'm very worried for him...:boxed:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ah me too Blue Sky! we just need to wait few hours and we could see how the boy is...i'm very worried for him...:boxed:

Damn! I just thought there was news!

Yoppa, If you're keeping an eye on this, I'll jus keep checking my danish sources

who'll watch T in the PArk??

Let see that first... If he does this one, there is no reason he doesn't do T in the Park... Unless he collapses on stage and THEM understand that he needs a rest.

Every time I see a new post on here, I think

ooo he's cancelled,

and then I see you are discussing the weather not the gig!!:roftl:

Stop making me panic...and I am not even going to the concert!!

So far NOT cancelled. Only a few hours till we know for sure. Oh the fallout from this is going to take up many many threads....:bleh:

You read my thoughts...

I just read this on the Oxegen website -- note that there is NO mention of

Mika at all... and that Amy Winehouse cancelled due to "exhaustion."

Music fans woke to sunshine this morning at Punchestown Racecourse as OXEGEN 2007 gets fully underway.

During the first day of the Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Weekend of the Year 80,000 music fans are in for a feast of musical treats from top international acts and the best in up and coming bands.

Thousands of people continued to arrive at the festival site throughout the night and this morning. By 2pm today more than 65,000 fans had come through the OXEGEN gates.

And with over 60 acts due to play across OXEGEN’s six stages today, including Gossip, Editors, Scissor Sisters, Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol and Muse, the festival’s first day looks set to be a memorable one.

People travelling to the site are being urged to use public transport after An Garda Siochana and OXEGEN promoters MCD announced last night that all car parks around the site were closing, due to the rainfall. Those continuing to travel by car are being asked to park at Goffs and make use of the free Park ‘n’ Ride service to the site.

Already acts including The Cribs, Frightened Rabbit and Cathy Davey have been thrilling crowds in the festival arena and tust taking to the stage at 2pm were The View, Kharma 45 and The Rumble Strips.

Closing the Main Stage tonight will be the awesome Muse with Wu Tang Clan topping the bill on the Pet Sounds stage. Rodrigo Y Gabriella will play Stage 2/NME and Queens of the Stone Age in the Green Room. The 29 member strong I’m From Barcelona headline the New Bands/Futures Stage and dance fans will be treated to Felix da Housecat who tops the line-up on the Dance Stage.

As well at their slots on the OXEGEN stages some of the bands will be treating fans to special intimate sets on the MySpace Bus. Today The Fratellis and the Maccabees will play acoustic sets on the bus while The Horrors will be playing a DJ set. All the bands – and fans – will be invited to paint on the bus too.

Tomorrow The Killers and Razorlight will head up the Main Stage line-up, while Daft Punk and My Chemical Romance play Stage 2. Unfortunately Amy Winehouse has had to cancel her performance at OXEGEN today and Scotland’s T in the Park yesterday due to exhaustion.

Also on site to guarantee fans a good time at this year’s OXEGEN is the Laughter Lounge comedy tent, with more festival fun to be found in the Sonas areas of the campsites, where people can chill out and enjoy massages, performances by circus entertainers, and a wide range of foods. With a 24 hour restaurant, hot showers and a convenience store also within striking distance of the campsites, campers will have their needs well catered for.

With all the music action getting underway today, fans will also be keen to make use of the ClashFinder facility provided by Coke which creates a personalised timetable of band preferences.

On Friday evening festival-goers were able to enjoy a variety of attractions. After setting up camp, fans were able to get the weekend party started in the dance arena which was heaving with excited revellers all night. The Euroshow funfair’s Ferris Wheel, Dodgems and Wild Mouse Rollercoaster also kept OXEGEN fans entertained until the early hours.

From one of the many Mika - sick threads... Just thought it would fit here.

Someone's been online on mikamyspace and the Oxegen date is gone now...don't know if that means he is not playing :blink:

Kata - but don't the gigs naturally "drop off" the list after the date has come & gone ?

Kata - but don't the gigs naturally "drop off" the list after the date has come & gone ?

They do, but it was still there like an hour ago and someone has been online since :blink:

You know what? The Nibe-one wasn't removed

How do we know if he plays or not?

haha true, forgot that :roftl:

guess we'll have to wait for someone to tell us :blink: