MIKA @ T In The Park - Balado (Scotland)

Yoppappop

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw mika & beth ditto doing a duet of sweet dream on bbc2 ! mika must be ill he wasnt boncing about like his usual self , sorry guys in my opinion beth was sh*te :thumbdown:

Oh no! Sounds bad then. Thanks for informing.

I want Mika being his bouncy self!

I would be gutted to go to see Mika perform and he would be sick and out of energy!

Hey, maybe the duet with Beth Ditto was the reason Mika dragged himself out there? :wink2:

So there's still hope taking a rest would be a priority for him? :blink: (If he really is sick then...)

Mika met Beth yesterday--we've even had a thread about it in the New section! And they performed a collaboration today, yay.

Mika posesses the remarkable gift (?) of alternately looking sick and then not-sick in photos. I think that's called having a "bad" or a "good" photo.

That said, I do think he's been feeling poorly lately, and I think back before May, when he wasn't touring so much, he almost never looked sick. And I still think he needs to rest. (Poor boy.) To stick up on Kata's behalf however, the sucky thing is, if he's sick, he (or his managing team) keeps making the conscious decision to cancel on his non-UK fans so that he can make all the UK gigs.

--Jack

And so it goes on and on and on.... The bad thing is that we'll most probably never get to know what's actually going on. So the whys and whos will stay concealed in the dark. We can only hope things will work out better in the future. :blink:

I couldn't stop myself!!

After reading the NME review about Mika, I HAD to write a comment on it.

I wrote the following:

This review is rubbish!

It is not factual or impartial, and it is clearly written by someone who has something against Mika.

Mika is a great artist, writes his own lyrics, is a gifted musician,has the vocal capacity that very few so called singers have these days, has endless energy, he CAN actually sing, and he always puts on an excellent performance that never disappoints his fans.

He has a very bright fufure ahead of him, thanks to the millions of people who are able to appreciate his genius.

The status of my comment is now 'awaiting review from moderator' so we shall see if it is actually posted in the end, and if they change it..

Makes my blood boil! How DARE they?

:shocked:

Sara.

maybe everyone should bombards mika myspace in-box asking for answers ! i send him 1 on friday on his own account saying he should get 1 of his people to come on here & explain whats going on ! but im sure he just deletes my messages now without reading them :roftl:

lol :naughty: thats so random

yeah...I think I was reading about the duet sweet dreams on a different page and didn't quote it...

Or it could be that I'm mixing threads in my head and posting random things everywhere. lol

oh this is tasteful.. esp. the hyena bit.. congrats to NME for being such good writers/reporters.. I am sure they have reached one the bottoms in "journalism" (big word in this case..) as well.. :mf_rosetinted:

not so much about WHAT they write (everyone's the right to disagree, it's a free world and I respect that), but about the way the argumentation is conducted.. bravo (and yes, it is sarcastic.. :mf_rosetinted: )

Mika

NME does not posses the power of telekinesis. We figured this out sometime during Mika's embarassingly awful 'Big Girls', when our efforts to collapse the NME stage on top of him using just the power of our mind and all the vitriol we could muster fall flat. This is terrible; like listening to a hyena being strangled, eviscerated and raped all at the same time. He bounces around the stage, blissfully unaware of his own awfulness, rubbing our faces in the fact that we have to watch him. He's still alive, but believe me dear readers, it wasn't for want of trying.

Best Song - Yeah, right.

Best Moment - Dolly Parton's 'Nine To Five' blasting over the PA right before his performance. It may have been the last time we smile this weekend.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=55

He does look pretty zonked out in the pic.............but he still looks gorgeous!

Can't stop watching Sweet Dreams. Am not a fan of Beth Ditto but am just SO addicted to Mika singing Sweet Dreams.............arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

As for NME..............maybe we should all get togetehr and with our joint thoughts we could maybe kill them off!